PDA

View Full Version : Just converted 2 Clinton supports in FL

robertwerden
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Took 2 hours on the phone, but they are sooooooo excited now about Ron Paul

American
11-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Awesome, its hard to get the brain dead clintonites good to hear you got two!

Indy Vidual
11-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Great job.
What was the key issue, when they started to get excited?

Furis
Congrats!

Richandler
Yah you can't just post this stuff without going over the details so other peoples can learn.

JordanL
11-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Yah you can't just post this stuff without going over the details so other peoples can learn.

Indeed. Spill the goods.

goRPaul
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I've been talking to a hillary supporter for months! I at least got him to "like" Ron, but he still stands behind Hillary on healthcare and foreign policy. One of my most effective arguments on him was describing Ron Paul the man- he's been faithfully married for 50 years, he wears sneakers to work because they feel better, he doesn't wear $5000 suits, his "special interests" are the American people, and he truly is a man of the people. This sorta reached down and touched his heart, but he still supports the Hill-meister.

One argument I like to use is that Hillary supports registering women for selective service. Ron Paul wants to abolish it altogether.

jake
11-15-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.gop.com/flexpage.aspx?area=spendometer

dircha
11-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I've been talking to a hillary supporter for months! I at least got him to "like" Ron, but he still stands behind Hillary on healthcare and foreign policy. One of my most effective arguments on him was describing Ron Paul the man- he's been faithfully married for 50 years, he wears sneakers to work because they feel better, he doesn't wear $5000 suits, his "special interests" are the American people, and he truly is a man of the people. This sorta reached down and touched his heart, but he still supports the Hill-meister.

One argument I like to use is that Hillary supports registering women for selective service. Ron Paul wants to abolish it altogether.

How does Hillary's refusal to commit to bringing the troops home from Iraq play with this person?

goRPaul
11-15-2007, 11:19 PM
How does Hillary's refusal to commit to bringing the troops home from Iraq play with this person?

He is convinced that she is a peaceful woman, but if Iran gets nuclear weapons, he wants someone who will be tough on them. He really believes we have to protect Israel at all costs. Believe me, I've used every argument in the book, but he won't budge. I can't say anything except "See you at the draft."

LFOD
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm working on a friend who's not a Clinton supporter, but rejected Ron Paul immediately when she heard some of his abortion views. But I've been just taking the opportunity here and there to explain why I think Ron Paul's positions are so important for the country. We watched his recent Meet the Press interview together and she said he was a likeable guy.

Then yesterday she said she woke up at 4 a.m. thinking about Ron Paul.

HAHAHA

I'll post an update once she tells me what that was all about.

Richandler
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
He is convinced that she is a peaceful woman, but if Iran gets nuclear weapons, he wants someone who will be tough on them. He really believes we have to protect Israel at all costs. Believe me, I've used every argument in the book, but he won't budge. I can't say anything except "See you at the draft."

Wow your friend would have been suicidal if he grew up before the 1950s when Israel didn't exist.

Richandler
11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm working on a friend who's not a Clinton supporter, but rejected Ron Paul immediately when she heard some of his abortion views. But I've been just taking the opportunity here and there to explain why I think Ron Paul's positions are so important for the country. We watched his recent Meet the Press interview together and she said he was a likeable guy.

Then yesterday she said she woke up at 4 a.m. thinking about Ron Paul.

HAHAHA

I'll post an update once she tells me what that was all about.

His stance on abortion is to leave it to the states. In other words where she lives will determine that. If she is concerned about other people then she got a problem getting in other peoples business that she doesn't know.

robertwerden
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I went over EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I started with "what do you like about Clinton"
HEALTHCARE!!!
I said do you think we should follow the constitution?
YES
The constitution does not allow for health care
OH!

Each issue rebutted by the Constitution

After that it was easy because they asked me about Ron Pauls stance on EVERYTHING!!

robertwerden
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM

They thought she was for bringing the troops home.

Remember not everyone watches every single news article and debate like we do.

robertwerden
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Great job.
What was the key issue, when they started to get excited?
The war and the patriot act were the turning point

nullvalu
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
He really believes we have to protect Israel at all costs.

Why? Why do people think like this? What do we get out of this 'deal' with Israel? Why do we have to protect them? And why is anyone who questions it automatically labeled an anti-semite?

robertwerden
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
I had one stumble but I recovered so slick like.

I made the mistake and said "why are you a democrat?"

OOPS

They said because we are a democracy.
I then said no we are a Republic.
They said no, we are not!!!

I said to them recite the "The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

They said Oh yea!!!!

Mr. Coolidge
11-15-2007, 11:48 PM
They said because we are a democracy.
I then said no we are a Republic.
They said no, we are not!!!

I said to them recite the "The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
Awesome.

dircha
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I know your feeling running up against the abortion issue.

I get very frustrated dealing with Democrats and Republicans alike who do not have more than the most simplistic understanding of Roe v Wade and the abortion issue. It's just downright painful.

Most people don't understand what an absolutely atrocious decision Roe v Wade was legally, and are utterly incapable mentally of separating Roe v Wade from some sort of fundamental human right to unconditional choice of abortion.

Most people who even understand in the first place that it was a Supreme Court decision, still see it simplistically as the decision "giving women the right to have an abortion", when in fact this simplistic understanding is highly misleading.

- Roe v Wade did not recognize an unconditional right of a woman to have an abortion.
- Roe v Wade recognized a legitimate state interest in protecting the life of an unborn child.
- Roe v Wade recognized a legitimate state interest in restricting abortion in the 2nd trimester.
- Roe v Wade recognized a legitimate state interest in proscribing abortion in the 3rd trimester.
- Roe v Wade explicitly did not address the question of when life begins.
- Roe v Wade used viability as the primary criteria for identifying the trimester-based balance between a woman's choice to have an abortion and the legitimate state interest in protecting the life of an unborn child. Viability refers to the stage of development at which an unborn child has the capacity to survive and develop outside of the mother's womb with the aid of medical technology and procedures. Viability is a function of medical expertise and technology which have and will continue to progress, impacting the very criteria upon which the hard and fast trimester decision was based.

Not to mention its absurd concurrence in recognizing such a wide-ranging, apparently invisible, but implicit right to privacy in the Constitution.

Roe v Wade is not and recognizes no moral foundation for abortion, is in inflexible compromise that is a product of its time, and is based on the shakiest of legal grounds.

Ron Paul in 2008
11-16-2007, 12:07 AM

I have convinced some Democrats and Green Party people to register as republicans to support Ron in the primaries. Why dont you just tell him that Hillary is leading huge in fundraising and everyone agrees that she will get the nomination but that is not the case with Ron Paul. Can you get him to at least support Ron Paul in the primaries and then he can support Hillary in the general election? His one vote is not going to make or break Hillary but its very close with Ron Paul.

This strategy has actually worked for me for a few people.

user
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
You're right, that was slick to use a propaganda tool like the Pledge to convince someone to support liberty!

Grandson of Liberty
11-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm working on a friend who's not a Clinton supporter, but rejected Ron Paul immediately when she heard some of his abortion views.

Kinda sad when a "pro-choice" individual doesn't respect another's choice. :(

Cindy
11-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Surprised it took you that long after that frightening debate. lol

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Xar
11-16-2007, 12:31 AM

make sure they change affiliations so they can vote. this is most important.

also, sign them up for the dec16th drive.