PDA

View Full Version : Excellent NY Sun (!) piece on Liberty Dollar raid

Zydeco
11-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Surprisingly fair, perhaps even flattering to Paul and us. Paints the Liberty Dollar as an arguably noble endeavor and the government's case as "unclear".

http://www.nysun.com/article/66542?page_no=1

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 11:06 PM

Furis
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
That is a surprisingly good article.

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Ron LOL
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I find it silly that nobody here is willing to admit that perhaps the feds had a legitimate reason for the raid.

Man from La Mancha
11-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Sweet, more PR for Ron

foofighter20x
11-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I find it silly that nobody here is willing to admit that perhaps the feds had a legitimate reason for the raid.

He does have a point, folks... There is a law against competing currencies, though that is cleary unconstitutional to me...

Also, all that is needed for search and seizure is probable cause--i.e. there only needs to be enough sworn information given to the magistrate to reasonably lead him to the conclusion that a crime has probably occurred.

Indy Vidual
11-15-2007, 11:48 PM

I'm thinking the raid in South Carolina (at a private home) was targeting customers or associates who were (perhaps) doing something very illegal, then...

...the Fed's used guilt by association and targeted the main company (which was their actual goal)

Ninja Homer
11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
I hesitate to post this in the News About The Official Campaign section, but it does discuss how it may impact the campaign, and has a statement by Jesse Benton.

http://www.nysun.com/article/66542

U.S. Raids Issuer of Ron Paul Coins
Gold Seized by Agents in Indiana

By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN
Staff Reporter of the Sun
November 16, 2007

Federal agents, in a move that could have an impact on the presidential race, raided the Indiana office of the issuer of a private currency known as the Liberty Dollar — and seized tens of thousands of coins bearing the likeness of a presidential candidate, Rep. Ron Paul.

Read the full story... (http://www.nysun.com/article/66542)

My personal opinion is that if this has any impact on the campaign at all, it will add more supporters. Many big-L Libertarians that have been sitting on the fence will now be supporting Ron Paul. This may be a turning point for any fans of the Liberty Dollar who were previously supporting other candidates to support Ron Paul. Any Ron Paul supporters who just had their Ron Paul Dollars stolen from them will be pissed off to say the least, and double their efforts. Do they know they are creating the "perfect storm" for Ron Paul to take this election?

hard@work
11-16-2007, 01:57 AM
That's a great article. I am still waiting to hear if there was any real illegal actions taking place (aside from them issuing the notes and coins, the equivalency of a barter).

Micahyah
11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
I think it will have a negative impact. Puts Paul more as the fringe candidate, when he was moving more mainstream. This sucks.

NH4RonPaul
11-16-2007, 02:24 AM
When Ron was proven to be squeaky clean, and most attacks on him did not stick, they had to find something big to connect him with.

His face is on some coins. It is NOT illegal to own silver and gold and use it for whatever you want.

This is totally bogus and also should be ignored.

The government sent their thugs in to literally steal from those people and should be held accountable. They need to sue the pants of them.

First they steal from us through the Federal Reserve and now they steal -- literally.

I was wondering what they were going to do to try to discredit him, but this won't matter either. It will just get people more angry and make people see that at any given time, the government can steal your property and nothing will be done about it.

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 02:27 AM
I think it will have a negative impact. Puts Paul more as the fringe candidate, when he was moving more mainstream. This sucks.Super reference to my hero fighting the oppressive monetary system. Ron doesn't pull punches, this what we need!!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million at $100

82ndVET4RP
11-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Free Market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

american.swan
11-16-2007, 03:13 AM
When Ron was proven to be squeaky clean, and most attacks on him did not stick, they had to find something big to connect him with.

His face is on some coins. It is NOT illegal to own silver and gold and use it for whatever you want.

This is totally bogus and also should be ignored.

The government sent their thugs in to literally steal from those people and should be held accountable. They need to sue the pants of them.

First they steal from us through the Federal Reserve and now they steal -- literally.

I was wondering what they were going to do to try to discredit him, but this won't matter either. It will just get people more angry and make people see that at any given time, the government can steal your property and nothing will be done about it.

This is why I don't like the idea of private businesses holding a person's gold. It's always safer to bury it in your back yard or better yet some forest somewhere, then to keep it right where the thug gov knows where it is.

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I think it will have a negative impact...

The Federal action has already helped Ron by energizing his most dedicated supporters. :)

vis-à-vis
11-16-2007, 03:40 AM
I joined the class action lawsuit Liberty Dollar has going on. I am a holder of silver certificates which should be redeemable in actual silver that the Government has confiscated. They have stolen what is mine! I'm pissed.

And yes, the Liberty Dollar is one of many alternative currencies which thousands of businesses choose to accept in a form of barter. It just so happens to be the most popular of them all.

yaz
11-16-2007, 04:16 AM
lol, I think that's so silly that if it got media attention it would help more than hurt Paul.

pcosmar
11-16-2007, 07:23 AM

I find it silly that you think the Fed is legitimate.