PDA

View Full Version : Need Airport Suggestions! - Travelling On Holidays

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I need suggestions from my fellow Paulites here! (Let this thread serve as a general resource for anyone who happens to be jetting around for the holidays as well)

I'm going to be travelling over the holidays and will be flying through several airports. Airports, with so many people coming through so frequently, seem like they could be a PRIME place for disseminating Ron Paul's message. Most of my flight connections are pretty tight, so I probably won't have time to go around talking to people at length about Ron Paul (unless I happen to strike up a conversation on the plane), but what are some quick and effective ways I can get a lot of people to notice Ron Paul at airports?

I realize leaving slim jims in strategic locations is one way, and I vaguely remember somebody in a previous thread suggesting leaving flyers addressed to TSA personnel in your bags for when they check them.

Any ideas? I'd like to take advantage of this opportunity as much as possible.

American
11-15-2007, 10:52 PM
The slim jims are the best idea and I would just hand them out as you walk. I do it when I am shopping if they talk to me then I answer but normally I try and refer them to the web site.

I have tried talking at length with some people but I always get hung up on something, so now I really stress checking out the web site and leave it at that.

LibertyEagle
11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Stick Slim Jims into as many of the in-flight magazines as you can, that are in the seatbacks. If you just stick them elsewhere, they will be thrown out when the plane is cleaned up.

ValidusCustodiae
11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
put something in there about Ron Paul's commitment to allowing airlines to protect their passengers instead of bureaucrats =)

11-15-2007, 11:06 PM
put something in there about Ron Paul's commitment to allowing airlines to protect their passengers instead of bureaucrats =)

Ha! What a great way to get arrested in an airport or force a plane to land. Leave a flyer somewhere that says: "Pilots Without Guns = TERRORISM".

ross11988
11-15-2007, 11:23 PM
put a bumper sticker on your luggage..... of course TSA will think its a bomb

Cindy
11-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Leave slim Jims in all the smoking areas within the gate. People will pick them up to read while having a smoke.

You can leave them on tables in the gate waiting areas.

Get the bumper stsickers on all of your luggage, and definetly stuff slim jims into as many seat back pockets as you can. ( Board early to do this.)

lasenorita
11-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Better yet --- get one of those temporary tattoos with "Ron Paul for President" on it and embed it on your forehead. :p J/K!

I agree with the suggestions above. Definitely put large stickers on your checked and carry-on luggage. (The more the better.) And placing slimjims inside airline magazines and the instructions guide is a good idea too. So is placing flyers inside bathrooms and on terminal lounge chairs.

Basically, turn yourself into a walking billboard --- wear a Ron Paul shirt. :D Also, remember to look nice and friendly to everyone since you're a Ron Paul ambassador. I always get a couple of smiles back when I make an effort to smile at the cranky and tired travelers who are trying to make their way to their destination. :)

Slist
11-16-2007, 01:54 AM
If you have a laptop, you can automatically offer a message or image to all other laptops or cellphones passing by.
For mac there is http://www.consola.org/ (free) which is not invasive at all. I used it successfully in the past. Messages are never offered twice to the same person.
There would be thousands of people automatically receiving the message in an airport.

devil21
11-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Have a laptop with you that can play stored Paul videos on the plane and in the gate areas (even with headphones your seat mates will want to look at what you are watching). Even if you don't smoke, pass out some slim jims near the smoking lounge. Pass out some near the terminal's bars too.

seapilot
11-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Get a carryon backpack and tape a bumper sticker on the back of it, everyone standing behind you will see it.

Flirple
11-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Always keep a Ron Paul sign held high above your head while in and around the airport. Always!

RonPaulCult
11-16-2007, 04:04 AM
If you have a laptop, you can automatically offer a message or image to all other laptops or cellphones passing by.
For mac there is http://www.consola.org/ (free) which is not invasive at all. I used it successfully in the past. Messages are never offered twice to the same person.
There would be thousands of people automatically receiving the message in an airport.

IS there a way I could do this for windows? I will be in the airports a LOT over the holidays and I always use my pc at the gate.

11-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Bump

Energy
11-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Bring DVDs.

Bring tons of slimjims.

If you have a video ipod or laptop, download some youtube videos and share.

You can use:
http://vixy.net

others http://del.icio.us/tag/flv%2Bconverter

11-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Okay, so following up here. In the past week since I posted this thread, I've been through four different airports on seven different flights.

* RP buttons on luggage, carryon, and jacket
* Left lots of slimjims in plane seat pockets
* Left slimjims on airport chairs, bathrooms, news shops, and parking lot shuttle waiting areas
* Converted a flight steward to a RP supporter on one flight and gave him a slimjim to share with his fellow stewardesses
* Slimjimmed Larry Craig's restroom stall at the Minneapolis airport

While I was travelling, I also came up with another great idea. If you've got some time to spare in between connecting flights, check the arrival and departure list for flights coming in and out of places like Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. If you can, go to gates where people are waiting to fly out to those states and strike up conversations, or go to gates where people from those states are about to arrive and hold a sign or pass out slimjims. It's a great way to reach out to early state voters without having to actually go to all those states!

Corydoras
11-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Slimjimmed Larry Craig's restroom stall at the Minneapolis airport

Hahaha! That's one place you can be certain gets tourists!
:D

Good work. I hope you have the flight attendant more than one slimjim. When I get converts, I give multiple liberty cards for them to share-- helps cement them by giving them something to do so that they immediately start feeling like they are part of the grassroots even in a small way.

McDermit
11-24-2007, 08:45 PM
put a bumper sticker on your luggage..... of course TSA will think its a bombYep. We tried this out earlier this month. Bumper stickers on all sides. You get TONS of looks and comments.

Makes finding your luggage a lot easier, and gets his name out to tons of people.

McDermit
11-24-2007, 08:46 PM
get on the airplane first and put the slim jims on every seat :D

Not *on* the seats. The attendents wouldn't appreciate it. Stick them in the pockets on the back of each seat.