PDA

View Full Version : S.C. GOP: We値l back Romney (+photos & snapshots)

parocks
05-20-2012, 09:38 PM
http://www.thestate.com/2012/05/20/2283050/sc-gop-well-back-romney.html

Saturday, convention goers elected a full slate of delegates and alternates in hopes they will all be allowed to represent the state in the national convention in August. A decision by national officials is not expected until shortly before the convention.

Also, Cindy Costa of Charleston County and Glenn McCall of York County were re-elected as national committee woman and committee man at Saturday痴 convention.

Why haven't I heard about this? How did we do in South Carolina? We have Tom Davis I think? What's the total? How many delegates total did we get?

No1butPaul
05-20-2012, 09:43 PM
We have no comments there to tell them, yes, they do have a choice!!!

J_White
05-20-2012, 09:55 PM
how are delegates selected in SC ? will the winning campaign give a list or will there be some convention ? what will those delegates do on the first ballot since Gingrich is out ?

parocks
05-20-2012, 10:05 PM
how are delegates selected in SC ? will the winning campaign give a list or will there be some convention ? what will those delegates do on the first ballot since Gingrich is out ?

I believe that the delegates were selected at this convention. I have no idea who won what delegates except that Tom Davis was one of them, and we're pretty sure he's going to vote for Ron Paul.

What we might be missing in the nice excitement surrounding Minnesota is that we aren't picking up many delegates in a lot of states (even though we did in Minnesota, and that's great.)

The idea that we should try to keep track of all the states, all the delegates, in order to have an accurate idea of what's happening I think is a good one. I'm not a big fan of talking only about the good stuff, ignoring the bad stuff, and then trying to accurately assess what's going on.

floridasun1983
05-20-2012, 10:40 PM
I believe that the delegates were selected at this convention. I have no idea who won what delegates except that Tom Davis was one of them, and we're pretty sure he's going to vote for Ron Paul.I think you are making a stretch here, from the quote in the other thread he says he's looking forward to voting for a liberty platform, I never saw him imply he was going to "vote Ron Paul instead of Romney."

thatpeculiarcat
05-20-2012, 10:55 PM
I think you are making a stretch here, from the quote in the other thread he says he's looking forward to voting for a liberty platform, I never saw him imply he was going to "vote Ron Paul instead of Romney."

You know it's bad when state senators that endorse a presidential candidate might not even vote for said candidate.
However the platform he mentioned can't really be associated with Romney.

juvanya
05-21-2012, 01:17 AM
I believe that the delegates were selected at this convention. I have no idea who won what delegates except that Tom Davis was one of them, and we're pretty sure he's going to vote for Ron Paul.My records indicate that we won the two 2nd district delegates (for some reason I had 3 listed, but that is impossible). Romney won the 2 1st district delegates. Gingrich won the rest because we had no one there to my knowledge, altho I never found reports for 3rd-7th. There are 11 statewide, 10 for Gingrich and 1 for us if that Tom Davis business is true.

The idea that we should try to keep track of all the states, all the delegates, in order to have an accurate idea of what's happening I think is a good one. I'm not a big fan of talking only about the good stuff, ignoring the bad stuff, and then trying to accurately assess what's going on.I have a spreadsheet of every state and district. The toplines are listed in my sig, altho I am withholding the Paul number as a trade secret and so any spies dont get it.

parocks
05-21-2012, 01:37 AM
I think you are making a stretch here, from the quote in the other thread he says he's looking forward to voting for a liberty platform, I never saw him imply he was going to "vote Ron Paul instead of Romney."

Fair enough. However, why was there even a thread called something like "Major News, Tom Davis is a delegate" if the person who posted that thread didn't think Davis would be a Ron Paul vote.

parocks
05-21-2012, 01:40 AM
My records indicate that we won the two 2nd district delegates (for some reason I had 3 listed, but that is impossible). Romney won the 2 1st district delegates. Gingrich won the rest because we had no one there to my knowledge, altho I never found reports for 3rd-7th. There are 11 statewide, 10 for Gingrich and 1 for us if that Tom Davis business is true.

I have a spreadsheet of every state and district. The toplines are listed in my sig, altho I am withholding the Paul number as a trade secret and so any spies dont get it.

Does your spreadsheet include the names of the delegates? You should get that info. Or someone, like the official campaign, should have it. Persuading those delegates between now and the end of August is a project.

We could learn that a certain delegate or delegates like a certain rock band, perhaps an obscure (cheap) rock band. That band could play at one of the many not RNC events that we're having. Hookers and Coke, too. ha ha joke.

juvanya
05-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Does your spreadsheet include the names of the delegates? You should get that info. Or someone, like the official campaign, should have it. Persuading those delegates between now and the end of August is a project.Oh god no. That would be insane. I just have numbers. The campaign probably has the names. Who knows if theyll do anything with em tho..

parocks
05-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Oh god no. That would be insane. I just have numbers. The campaign probably has the names. Who knows if theyll do anything with em tho..

There's another thread about organized grassroots. organized grassroots would have the names.