PDA

View Full Version : A Call to Action! AVTM proposed strategy on lobbying already chosen delegates

techmeched
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
The fight doesn't even end after State conventions according to Adam... Could it work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWF_mKeD0wY&feature=g-all-a

Delegate outreach regarding the "unit rule" may be the most important thing RP supports can do after their State Conventions are held

No1butPaul
05-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Ambush interview, embarrass them publicly? I know Dr. Paul would NOT appreciate that. Sometimes it seems like Adam's working against the movement. I think he has good intentions but, he's too much! A lot of people were complaining about giving one slot to Michele Bachman, but we got so much good press over that! We have to fight, but we need to STAY on the high road!

CPUd
05-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Sounds interesting, but rather than ambushing, it would be more effective strategy to let them know someone (a lot of someones) is standing behind them.

And it doesn't necessarily have to be about the national delegates. Approaching people before the state convention would work just as well.

techmeched
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Ambush interview, embarress them publicly? I know Dr. Paul would NOT appreciate that. Sometimes it seems like Adam's working against the movement. I think he has good intentions but, he's too much! A lot of people were complaining about giving one slot to Michele Bachman, but we got so much good press over that! We have to fight, but we need to STAY on the high road!

Totally agree. I think the ambushing idea goes way too far... Still a respectful lobbying of delegates is another option for the grassroots movement. Sending super brochures or legal descriptions of how rule 38 may apply to them according to their state bylaws.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Adam's working against the movement.
//

parocks
05-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Ambush interview, embarrass them publicly? I know Dr. Paul would NOT appreciate that. Sometimes it seems like Adam's working against the movement. I think he has good intentions but, he's too much! A lot of people were complaining about giving one slot to Michele Bachman, but we got so much good press over that! We have to fight, but we need to STAY on the high road!

"Sometimes it seems like Adam's working against the movement."

Often it seems ...

Way too frequently it seems ...

Over on freerepublic I've seen people say they don't like Ron Paul because Adam is a "traitor".

parocks
05-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Totally agree. I think the ambushing idea goes way too far... Still a respectful lobbying of delegates is another option for the grassroots movement. Sending super brochures or legal descriptions of how rule 38 may apply to them according to their state bylaws.

Superbrochures. Uh huh.

There are a TOTAL of 2285 or so delegates. You don't "send them a super brochure" You work them hard. Each and every one of them should get a custom pitch, based on the research on them that was done.

MelissaCato
05-21-2012, 01:34 AM
I like Adam. I think hosting a BYOD picnic just for delegates is a good idea before Tampa. We could do this by county or by state, you know a "get to know" kinda picnic. Most people like picnics. LOL

MelissaCato
05-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Or by Congressional Districts.

parocks
05-21-2012, 02:03 AM
We have some sort of events going on in Florida at the same time. Find out what those delegates want and put it at that event.

Get RP08orbust on this one.

Robopolls to the delegates. Get the info. Vanilla or chocolate. country or rock. or any specific question. this might be more useful in a state where we don't have any delegates. Take it state by state. Maine and Minnesota are the same - in Maine, it's LePage and Ron Paul people. In Minnesota it's Bachmann and Ron Paul people. For those 2 states, your focus should be on LePage and Bachmann. That wouldn't need robocalls. Each state would likely have a different focus. Find out what a Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina delegate does not like. Push poll the delegates. If you knew that Romney has known Netanyahu since 1976, would you A) think this was good that Romney has known world leaders since 1976 or B) think that Romney and Netanyahu hatched a conspiracy in 1976?

J_White
05-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Superbrochures. Uh huh.

There are a TOTAL of 2285 or so delegates. You don't "send them a super brochure" You work them hard. Each and every one of them should get a custom pitch, based on the research on them that was done.

THIS ^^. the campaign should have their best callers call them and talk to them about issues, while being polite and respectful.
especially those delegates (whatever their number might be), who wanted to be the anti-Romney voice by being behind Santorum and Gingrich.