PDA

View Full Version : Another story about an obnoxious RP supporter

stewie3128
11-15-2007, 10:44 PM
My girlfriend was talking to a cameraman from KRON San Francisco (he lives next door to us) and he retold yet another story of a Ron Paul supporter making the rest of us look bad to the world...

Cameraman guy (I'm withholding his name for obvious reasons) was filming shots at an Obama appearance. As he was standing there precariously with a giant news camera over one shoulder and holding up a laptop with his opposite hand, a Paul supporter approached and "accosted" him by blocking the entire shot "obnoxiously" and "yelling" that he needed to take a Paul pamphlet.

"Come on man, I'm trying to get a shot here," was Cameraman guy's response, but the Paul supporter became "increasingly obnoxious" until he took the pamphlet and stuck it in his pocket.

After he took the pamphlet, the supporter left.

Now, whether or not it actually happened that way, all that matters is that's how this guy (and probably others around him) see it. This sort of BS is what really gives us a bad name, and plays into the MSM's stereotype of us. We don't need any more bad press in this vein, and we can't feed the stereotype that we're all crazed extremist nutcases who are no different from Lyndon LaRouche's bunch or whatever.

Please stress at your meetup groups that we need to be courteous, and put on the best face for the RP grassroots supporters. Remind them not to pick fights like this, because grownup campaigns don't pick fights, and because no one would want to be associated with a group known for acting the way many perceive us to act.

/End of my rant.