PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Criticizing Romney Tells Students it's Criminal to Criticize Obama!

patriot2008
05-20-2012, 05:00 PM
This is just starting to go viral! Teacher Tanya Dixon-Neely seems like she shouldn't even be trying to teach these kids anything, much less social studies.
kudos to the young man in her class for knowing so much than this so called "educator"!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpWaESn_9g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

LostNFoundNTx
05-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh man. Where to even start...

patriot2008
05-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh man. Where to even start...

Yep.:eek:
Sad. How did we let this happen?
This is how we got to where we are today.

Drex
05-20-2012, 05:23 PM
I had a similar situation. A student called George Bush the Devil and an idiot and the teacher ( who is liberal ) told him never to disrespect the president of the United States

Lishy
05-20-2012, 05:23 PM
I wish I was still in high school now that I'm awake..... I would love to be in his position and bring up Ron Paul, lol...

SEIG HEIL!

QuickZ06
05-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Anyone call the school? Saw the number posted in the comment section on YT.

edit: nvm it is Sunday, I am a moron.

Spikender
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I had a similar situation. A student called George Bush the Devil and an idiot and the teacher ( who is liberal ) told him never to disrespect the president of the United States

The teacher's right, it's unwise to disrespect one's master. He could be watching you...

Danke
05-20-2012, 05:56 PM

How would a moron know that?

cstarace
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM
This got me so angry I turned red. If a teacher of mine ever dared try to suppress my freedom of speech in such a manner, I'd talk so much trash about Obama that smoke would come out of her ears. I'd then threaten her with a lawsuit. I'm calling the school tomorrow. I suggest everybody do the same.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 06:30 PM
(704) 636-4420 for those that are interested. They open at 7:30 AM EST.

patriot2008
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM

Thx. I'm calling it, and the whole chain above it!

I hope other students start taping this stuff more. This was possibly recorded because they already knew how that teacher was and that she is "out there" and what she's doing is very wrong.

I just hope that knowledgeable young man in her stinking class knows about Ron Paul. He probably does.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Thx. I'm calling it, and the whole chain above it!

I hope other students start taping this stuff more. This was possibly recorded because they already knew how that teacher was and that she is "out there" and what she's doing is very wrong.

I just hope that knowledgeable young man in her stinking class knows about Ron Paul. He probably does.
+rep to you and +rep to anybody else who calls. Be clear and frank with them: any attempt to suppress First Amendment rights is unacceptable and will not stand. This woman ought to be fired for not only this outburst, but for also being completely incompetent. A public official and a social studies teacher telling a student that he's not allowed to criticize a sitting President? Where the fuck are we, the Soviet Union?

Lishy
05-20-2012, 07:00 PM
(704) 636-4420 is it, apparently.

Let's make this hit news!

anaconda
05-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I was recently Facebook unfriended by a 41 year old white female Obama drone here in Oakland, CA. Over the troops in Uganda issue. She wrote on her wall: "I don't appreciate Obama bashing on my wall." Gotta love the Obama censorship drones.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 07:04 PM

cstarace
05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Are you guys convinced that the teacher is incorrect? If the president can kill you with no oversight, no jury, no matter what, anywhere, anytime why would you think it not illegal to criticize him?
Constitution is the law of the land. First amendment trumps any federal law.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Constitution is the law of the land. First amendment trumps any federal law.

Guns and power are the law of the land, don't fool yourself.

GuerrillaXXI
05-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Guns and power are the law of the land, don't fool yourself.This is true everywhere and always. I'm not saying I like it, but it's still the truth. Freedom only exists where the force exists to back it up.

Dogsoldier
05-20-2012, 07:13 PM
But Bush and Romney are better then obama?I don't think so.Lets be fair.Romney and Bush are the same as obama.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 07:14 PM

Is it really necessary to come into this thread looking for a philosophical debate when we're trying to send a symbolic message to this school and to the establishment that liberty will not be compromised under any circumstance?

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Is it really necessary to come into this thread looking for a philosophical debate when we're trying to send a symbolic message to this school and to the establishment that liberty will not be compromised under any circumstance?

No, as I don't think there is really much to debate on the subject.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 07:17 PM
No, as I don't think there is really much to debate on the subject.
Great, then leave the thread.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 07:28 PM

you should be thanking me for bumping it for you. ingrate.

NoOneButPaul
05-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Tenured... 20 years from now... she'll get 80% of his 100k salary forever...

cstarace
05-20-2012, 07:37 PM
you should be thanking me for bumping it for you. ingrate.
Thank you so much. The thread would've obviously died had it not been for your unsolicited generosity.

aGameOfThrones
05-20-2012, 09:06 PM
“I personally believe, that U.S. Americans,
are unable to do so,
because uh,
some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps.
and uh…
I believe that our education like such as in South Africa,
and the Iraq,
everywhere like such as…
and, I believe they should uh,
our education over here,
in the U.S. should help the U.S.
or should help South Africa,
and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future,
for us.”

dannno
05-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Wow, those kids did good, that teacher got pwnt!!

kcchiefs6465
05-20-2012, 09:28 PM
The fact of the day is that Romney could have bullied a kid in school? Wow.

ETA: I will be calling. Hopefully their phones are swamped with the 17,000 people who watched the video.

John F Kennedy III
05-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone call the school? Saw the number posted in the comment section on YT.

Dude, today is Tuesday.

John F Kennedy III
05-20-2012, 09:30 PM

They will be getting a call from you. Everyone should call.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
They will be getting a call from you. Everyone should call.

why? The school is over 3000 miles from you, its not local. You think people in california should be deciding/influencing curriculum in north carolina schools? If so, then I guess we should all love the department of education.

LibertyInJeopardy
05-20-2012, 09:40 PM
don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but those kids have that video camera running before any of this started so this teacher probably says stuff like this a lot or at least some stuff these kids wanted to catch her saying. She is obviously biased and ignorant, so I hope someone sends her a pocket constitution with a note "you're wrong" and also a copy of the ndaa that says "but you ought to pray youre never right, because if you someday are right you dont know who will be in office and the time may come when youll feel it your duty to criticize them."

Lishy
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
This teacher is brainwashing kids that it is wrong to criticize a president under any scenario, even despite the atrocities they commit.

And she is doing this all with OUR tax dollars!

Seriously! Let's complain to the school till she's fired! She has no right to be a teacher if all she's going to do is yell at the kids a bunch of ignorant propaganda!

kcchiefs6465
05-20-2012, 09:42 PM
why? The school is over 3000 miles from you, its not local. You think people in california should be deciding/influencing curriculum in north carolina?
Greetings from Ohio. This teacher has no concept of the Constitution. Her "fact of the day" is that maybe Romney bullied some kids 50 years ago? I wish they would have shown her "Obama fact." This teacher is clearly biased and will not let anyone think critically. Rather she yells at the ones who do. What does this have to do with curriculum? NOTHING. She clearly has no place in a classroom, let alone social studies. So to be quite honest, I hope it is my call that breaks the camel's back and gets this incompetent, oppressive, biased, moron, away from teaching children.

Lishy
05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as our federal tax dollars are funding public education, it is our business, ain't it?

kcchiefs6465
05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but those kids have that video camera running before any of this started so this teacher probably says stuff like this a lot or at least some stuff these kids wanted to catch her saying. She is obviously biased and ignorant, so I hope someone sends her a pocket constitution with a note "you're wrong" and also a copy of the ndaa that says "but you ought to pray youre never right, because if you someday are right you dont know who will be in office and the time may come when youll feel it your duty to criticize them."
THIS.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow, this person has no business being a teacher. Although in fairness, this sounds like some kind of informal discussion, not an actual class. But in the end, it doesn't matter, as she has discredited herself no matter what.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as our federal tax dollars are funding public education, it is our business, ain't it?
Yup. As soon as we return education to the local level, North Carolinians can vote for whatever batshit crazy system of education they wish. Although I highly doubt anybody would support the eradication of the First Amendment. Regardless, until then, it's my business.

Lishy
05-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Excuse me for saying the taboo, but this sounds like a case Anonymous might get involved in.. I'm curious! ;o

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Lishy
05-20-2012, 09:58 PM
so you think people in north carolina should be deciding who teaches and what in OH schools? i thought we were for local control around here, turns out you all are just a bunch of interventionists.

If my tax dollar is funding her, I should be able to tell her to STFU and stop giving her money.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:01 PM
If my tax dollar is funding her, I should be able to tell her to STFU and stop giving her money.

ah, the slippery slope to big govt "conservatism". enjoy the ride. you might want to look into a guy named santorum, he'll welcome your support.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 10:07 PM
ah, the slippery slope to big govt "conservatism". enjoy the ride. you might want to look into a guy named santorum, he'll welcome your support.
Holy shit, what crawled up your ass and died tonight? Since when is complaining about government employees indoctrinating children into believing the First Amendment doesn't exist akin to big government conservatism? We're individuals voluntarily contacting a school district and informing them of indoctrination within their classrooms. They're free to ignore us. We aren't pushing for a government mandate.

Lishy
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Cut it. I support libertarianism as much as anyone else. But the fact of the matter is that we live in a shitty reality where we're paying for her at the moment

The sooner we end the federal program, the better. But until then, I really wish to stop giving her money.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Holy shit, what crawled up your ass tonight? Since when is complaining about government employees indoctrinating children into believing the First Amendment doesn't exist akin to big government conservatism? We're individuals voluntarily contacting a school district and informing them of indoctrination within their classrooms. They're free to ignore us. We aren't pushing for a government mandate.

I'm saying that I thought we were for local control. but you guys want to intervene in the happenings at a school you have never seen, let alone have kids attending. you dont see the hypocrisy? i do.

perhaps instead you should call your reps and use this as an example of why we shouldnt be forcing federal control of schools.

LibertyInJeopardy
05-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm saying that I thought we were for local control. but you guys want to intervene in the happenings at a school you have never seen, let alone have kids attending. you dont see the hypocrisy? i do.

perhaps instead you should call your reps and use this as an example of why we shouldnt be forcing federal control of schools.

These people are not saying we should call the Ohio legislature to write a law to force some curriculum. They are acting like private citizens posting a review on yelp on calling a bad employee's office to complain. Besides, how can it be crossing some state restriction when it is amongst individuals and having nothing to do with official curriculum? There is no use of force here, just free speech.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Cut it. I support libertarianism as much as anyone else. But the fact of the matter is that we live in a shitty reality where we're paying for her at the moment
The sooner we end the federal program, the better. But until then, I really wish to stop giving her money.

You said you should be able to tell her to stfu. thats intervening in what is taught in a school you have nothing to do with.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:21 PM
They are acting like private citizens posting a review on yelp on calling a bad employee's office to complain..

you often right reviews of places you have never patronized or employees that have never served you? there is a shitty mexican restaurant down the street from me, will you go post a negative review of it on yelp?

cstarace
05-20-2012, 10:23 PM

The only way we can rid ourselves of federally subsidized education is by convincing the masses that it's an out of control useless bureaucracy. Change the appetite for government, as Ron Paul always says. This is a perfect example of why government (especially federally) run school districts don't work. They hire bimbos like this who end up receiving tenure and a benefits package that no private sector job could ever compete with.

This is a wonderful opportunity to expose these public school districts. Don't let a crisis go to waste. If we blow this thing up, it could become national news (I could just imagine Fox News salivating over this).

LibertyInJeopardy
05-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Show me a video of rats and roaches and I might along with a link to the evidence. If I did, would I be statist somehow?

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:25 PM
The only way we can rid ourselves of federally subsidized education is by convincing the masses that it's an out of control useless bureaucracy. Change the appetite for government, as Ron Paul always says. This is a perfect example of why government (especially federally) run school districts don't work. They hire bimbos like this who end up receiving tenure and a benefits package that no private sector job could ever compete with.

This is a wonderful opportunity to expose these public school districts. Don't let a crisis go to waste. If we blow this thing up, it could become national news (I could just imagine Fox News salivating over this).

calling the school wont accomplish that goal.

cstarace
05-20-2012, 10:26 PM
calling the school wont accomplish that goal.
If they get so overwhelmed that they need to issue a press release or suspend the teacher indefinitely it most certainly would bring media attention to the situation.

kcchiefs6465
05-20-2012, 10:27 PM
you often right reviews of places you have never patronized or employees that have never served you? there is a shitty mexican restaurant down the street from me, will you go post a negative review of it on yelp?
What?? You're logic is horribly flawed. Let me step back a page and pick a 'better' post to respond to. Just a quick question though, what and the hell does Mexican food reviews have to do with a verbally abusive teacher suppressing the Constitution and 'preparing' children to be good little sheep? I'll wait...

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:29 PM

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:31 PM

kcchiefs6465
05-20-2012, 10:40 PM
so you think people in north carolina should be deciding who teaches and what in OH schools? i thought we were for local control around here, turns out you all are just a bunch of interventionists.
Trust and believe, if this incident occured in Ohio, the lack of calls would drive me insane. I welcome anyone to speak out against injustices that occur in Ohio daily. Provided you can make a clear assessment of the situation. (Such as video, audio, statements straight from the 'horse's mouth') It is the calls from thousands of out-of-staters that finally forced the firing of a local thug. Point being, the video evidence provided demonstrated the fact that he was, indeed a thug. Just as the video evidence here clearly demonstrates that this teacher is a 'incompetent, oppressive, biased, moron' who needs to have her teaching license revoked.

QuickZ06
05-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Dude, today is Tuesday.

:p

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 10:48 PM

Sola_Fide
05-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Words really fail you sometimes. This is one of those times.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2012, 11:07 PM
My god that was painful to listen to.

We got bigger problems than an idiot teacher spouting off about O-Bomb-ya.

Reason to home school #3912.

kcchiefs6465
05-20-2012, 11:07 PM
unless you have kids in that school or live in the community, you have as much business reviewing their employees as you do reviewing a mexican restaurant you have never patronized.
Could I judge the Mexican restaurant if I had video and/or audio of said Mexican restaurant? Maybe in said video/audio they admitted to shredding the Constitution and making a burrito out it. Then, would you feel I could legitimately pass judgement? Perhaps I might just say that maybe they shouldn't be making burritos if they shred the Constitution in the process of doing it. I'm all for local accountability, but what happens when the locales are indoctrined in that same manner? What happens when there are only a few people who understand the Constitution and are willing to take the time to speak up? I'll tell you what happens, babies are born into a world forever indebted, though they will probably never understand how, or why. I would like to personally thank those who figured the next man will stand up and speak out; who were indoctrined to accept this bullshit and not speak a word edgewise. Thank you for leaving my children or grandchildren homeless on the land, previous generations had fought to protect. (Not neccessarily directed towards you) There are too many problems with this for me not to speak against. You'll soon find problems with the leave it to the locales scenario when more and more locales are taught it to be okay to invade your property, steal what they wish, impose their beliefs. This country is quite honestly beyond repair. This shit has been going on for too many generations. :( (I apologize if my pessimism is discouraging)

LibertyInJeopardy
05-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I dont want any people for OH telling my schools who to hire, fire or what to teach. you guys can mind your own business. even if you are a chiefs fan -- my first job was at that stadium. I do however encourage everybody to use this as an example of why your tax dollars shouldn't be going to NC.

My position is calling the school and trying to get this woman fired is falling for the trap that its any of your damn business; when it isn't.

I dont see how individuals calling a non-local school in response to a video of a teacher clearly being ignorant of constitutional free speech protections is somehow a matter of state sovereignty. These are individuals complaining about an individual. This is not a matter of any state's concern.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 11:16 PM

LibertyInJeopardy
05-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Anyone can call, the school can block non local numbers if it causes issues. In this case though it is about a specific incident and not an agenda to force the school to do anything other to take notice and react within their own guidelines in response to the incident. Unless I misunderstood something.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 11:26 PM

LibertyInJeopardy
05-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I understand what youve been saying, but I still think individuals can call anyone they want and it is none of your business (but you are certainly free to argue against it) and it is not a state sovereignty matter anymore than any other individual opinion is. If someone was proposing a national law or trying to get the state legislature to write new curriculum then id be with you.

Boss
05-21-2012, 02:15 AM
You want hordes of homosexuals from san francisco calling your school demanding that a teacher talk about sodomy? Or packs of religious conservatives from kansas calling your school demanding that teachers only teach creationism?

If we're using your logic, I don't see how its any of your damn business if those people you mentioned wish to freely express their beliefs to anyone.

speciallyblend
05-21-2012, 05:03 AM
You want hordes of homosexuals from san francisco calling your school demanding that a teacher talk about sodomy? Or packs of religious conservatives from kansas calling your school demanding that teachers only teach creationism?

if it was in context of the obama/romney discussion .then not a problem;)

Working Poor
05-21-2012, 05:29 AM

Good idea...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Anyone else thinking that we should make a grassroots project out of "adopting" this school and raising some funds to get every teacher and student a pocket constitution, some Ron Paul books, some Tom Woods books and maybe some free DVD's?

maskander
05-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Kid sounds like a punk, can't believe you guys are defending him... and also if you guys want true capitalism. Take your kid out of that school and put him in a private school. Education is not a "right"

Also notice a classic case of conservative racism to this, that kid is going to grow up to be a racist. He woulnd't do that to a white teacher, guarantee it, and there woulnd't be a big hoopla over this if the teacher was white.

I mean, you know more than just black people support Obama right?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Kid sounds like a punk, can't believe you guys are defending him... and also if you guys want true capitalism. Take your kid out of that school and put him in a private school. Education is not a "right"

Also notice a classic case of conservative racism to this, that kid is going to grow up to be a racist. He woulnd't do that to a white teacher, guarantee it, and there woulnd't be a big hoopla over this if the teacher was white.

I guess you have missed all the mocking of white Obama zombies that has gone on around here but thanks for letting us all know we are a bunch of racists even though nobody even said a word about race. Somewhere, BlackTerel is shedding a tear.

Working Poor
05-21-2012, 05:50 AM

How do you know he would not have said that to a white teacher? You don't

specsaregood
05-21-2012, 05:53 AM

specsaregood
05-21-2012, 05:54 AM
//

maskander
05-21-2012, 05:57 AM
How do you know he would not have said that to a white teacher? You don'tWell if you can find this same video of a white kid blasting a white teacher about obama, then I will concede to your point that I don't know, But I assure you cannot find that same video.

Zach Vega
05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
I called the school. I hope y'all did too.

maskander
05-21-2012, 06:09 AM
I called the school. I hope y'all did too.I'd like to see any one of you people do what this lady has to do every single day.

cstarace
05-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I called the school. I hope y'all did too.
can't until this afternoon. How'd it go?

cstarace
05-21-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd like to see any one of you people do what this lady has to do every single day.
Not sure if serious...

cstarace
05-21-2012, 06:19 AM

Lol, I didn't see this post first. Troll level: 9001

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-21-2012, 06:20 AM
I'd like to see any one of you people do what this lady has to do every single day.

I have and it is not that damn bad. The "hardships" of her job are not an excuse to be a moron.

AcousticFoodie
05-21-2012, 06:30 AM
My public high school teacher use to bash republicans all the time. It was widely accepted cause we're in a heavy liberal area.

moostraks
05-21-2012, 06:34 AM

You mean indoctrinate?

tod evans
05-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Has anybody transcribed this yet?

I tried for the first several minutes and couldn't understand half of what was being said.

kcchiefs6465
05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
My public high school teacher use to bash republicans all the time. It was widely accepted cause we're in a heavy liberal area.
My public high school teachers used to have their own opinions as well, but they never let it get in the way of teaching their class. Nor did they walk up to students and scream in their face for voicing their opinions. Her ignorance of the Supreme Law of the Land is staggering. How many children have been cycled through her classroom? The only thing her 'fact of the day' taught is that it is bahhd to question authority.

cajuncocoa
05-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Has anybody transcribed this yet?

I tried for the first several minutes and couldn't understand half of what was being said.http://www.theblaze.com/stories/n-c-teacher-tells-student-he-could-be-arrested-for-talking-badly-about-obama/

Bastiat's The Law
05-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Given the state of education this isn't too surprising.

Root
05-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Wow. Painful to listen to.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 07:43 AM
The teacher's right, it's unwise to disrespect one's master. He could be watching you...

She said it was slander. She is wrong.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 07:51 AM

Look at the thread police. You are looking a little hypocritical right now.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
This teacher is brainwashing kids that it is wrong to criticize a president under any scenario, even despite the atrocities they commit.

And she is doing this all with OUR tax dollars!

Seriously! Let's complain to the school till she's fired! She has no right to be a teacher if all she's going to do is yell at the kids a bunch of ignorant propaganda!

It's almost impossible to fire bad teachers. It's useless to complain.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 08:07 AM

This thread is one big sh**fest. Even if we weren't funding this teacher with our tax dollars, every person has the right to complain about any school, and that is completely in line with any libertarian beliefs as long as the school isn't mandated by the government to listen to them. So stop getting on people's cases because it's their right to speak out if they see something wrong with the way the school is doing things. You should also consider that, currently, our tax dollars ARE funding this school and this teacher, so it certainly IS our business.

But, on the other hand, cstarace is being a little dogmatic by shunning open discussion in this thread and trying to police it the way he wants it to go. This is all a bunch of arguing over nothing because, guess what, your calls aren't going to matter anyway. The way the public school system works, it's going to be nearly impossible to get the teacher fired.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I dont want any people for OH telling my schools who to hire, fire or what to teach. you guys can mind your own business. even if you are a chiefs fan -- my first job was at that stadium. I do however encourage everybody to use this as an example of why your tax dollars shouldn't be going to NC.

My position is calling the school and trying to get this woman fired is falling for the trap that its any of your damn business; when it isn't.

It's anybody's business who wants to make it their business as long as they aren't using the force of government to affect school policy or criticism of school policy. As long as I don't use the force of government to affect your school policy, and you don't use the force of government to affect my ability to complain about your school, then we should be fine with each other.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 08:15 AM

I would be fine with that as long as they don't force the hand of the school via government. If you are a libertarian in any sense of the word, you should hold the same view.

tod evans
05-21-2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/n-c-teacher-tells-student-he-could-be-arrested-for-talking-badly-about-obama/

Thanks.

I'd still be interested in reading an unabridged version?

DEGuy
05-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Frankly, the teacher is right in that situation. Children should be taught to logically defend their position instead of resorting to calling people names like "He's a Devil and an idiot." I would tell a child (and an adult) not to disrepect anyone if I didn't think they were intelligent enough to make an argument without making themselves look like an idiot. ("Tell me Johnny, WHY is the president the Devil?" "Oh, you don't know? Now stop wasting our class time with disrespectful name-calling."

Practically every social studies/government teacher I ever had were blatantly Democrat or Socialists, and unafraid to show it. I never had a problem as long as I was able to defend my point of view with a reasoned argument. Even though we almost always disagreed, they encouraged thoughtful discussion. I like to believe that the majority of teachers still do that.

specsaregood
05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
I would be fine with that as long as they don't force the hand of the school via government. If you are a libertarian in any sense of the word, you should hold the same view.

Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should. I don't think having thousands of out of state people with no ties to the school harassing their secretary/principle is very libertarian.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 08:23 AM

It doesn't matter whether we can or can't do her job. That's why it's her job, and she's supposed to do it right. Do you EVER think it right to complain about a bad teacher or do you defend them all because "you'd like to see me do what they have to do." What about a teacher who molests kids? There are teachers like that who, to this day, get paid because they can't be fired. Are you still going to say, "oh, let the teacher be. I'd like to see you do what that teacher has to do every day"?

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should. I don't think having thousands of out of state people with no ties to the school harassing their secretary/principle is very libertarian.

If we didn't have public schools, I doubt that would be a problem.

JorgeStevenson
05-21-2012, 08:37 AM
She was merely playing devil's advocate...

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-21-2012, 11:07 AM
This is just starting to go viral! Teacher Tanya Dixon-Neely seems like she shouldn't even be trying to teach these kids anything, much less social studies.
kudos to the young man in her class for knowing so much than this so called "educator"!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpWaESn_9g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This teacher is a poop boss: An individual hired not for the benefit of society, but to fill a quota regarding race, creed, or color. Example: "We decided not to eat at that restaurant any more because of how its management was so obviously staffed with poop bosses."

Making up terms to the benefit of the people and to the detrement of tyranny.

cstarace
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Look at the thread police. You are looking a little hypocritical right now.
I'm not being hypocritical whatsoever. I welcome discussion so long as it's germane to OP. Originally, however, specsaregood was attempting to derail the thread into a discussion of political philosophy by suggesting the teacher was right to suppress the student's speech because guns and power are the only "supreme law of the land" and because of the NDAA. You think this bitch had the NDAA in mind when she verbally abusing the student? I don't think she can spell NDAA.

specsaregood
05-21-2012, 12:45 PM

cstarace
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
You must have a comprehension problem. To "derail" a thread includes going offtopic, my comment was completely ontopic. And i never said the teacher was right, I asked why you think she was wrong in her claims, not her actions. I never mentioned the NDAA, I'm fairly certain the past couple presidents have been doing those things prior to the NDAA. Please do try reading.
If I had taken the bait on your "guns and power are the law of the land, not the Constitution" comment, the conversation would've been entirely derailed. You came into the thread intentionally trying to stir up controversy. Yes, of course, the teacher is somewhat correct, but you and I both know that wasn't what she was talking about. She was simply spewing nonsense. The fact that she happened to fall ass-backwards into a semi-realistic argument is irrelevant. Not even she believed what she was saying. She is one of Obama's minions and she felt she was doing her duty by suppressing any sort of rebellion against The Great One. This is where our sheeple are groomed, and it's nice to cut the nonsense off at the source.

Maybe if we didn't have "educators" like this, our country wouldn't be completely devoid of knowledge when it comes to the Constitution and the philosophy of liberty.

puppetmaster
05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
END THE DOE.....NOW. and get your kids out of the government schools.

RP 2012

cstarace
05-21-2012, 03:46 PM
She's been suspended... with pay. :rolleyes:

A North Carolina high school teacher reportedly has been suspended with pay after she was captured on video shouting at a student who questioned President Obama and suggesting he could be arrested for criticizing a sitting president.

The Salisbury Post reported Monday that district school officials suspended the teacher in the course of their investigation into the incident.

The newspaper, which first reported on the YouTube video, did not identify the teacher in question, who is reportedly on staff at North Rowan High School. The video does not show faces, but the heated argument in the classroom can clearly be heard.

"Do you realize that people were arrested for saying things bad about Bush?" the teacher said toward the end of the argument, telling the student, "you are not supposed to slander the president."

The student told the teacher that one can't be arrested "unless you threaten the president."

The argument started when the classroom began discussing news reports that Mitt Romney bullied a fellow student when he was in high school. At the time, The Washington Post had recently published a lengthy article alleging that Romney, as a teenager, had cut off another student's hair.

"Didn't Obama bully somebody though?" a student in the North Carolina classroom asked when the report was brought up, referring to an incident Obama described in his memoir "Dreams From My Father." In the book, Obama wrote that, as a child, he once pushed a female classmate after other students taunted them -- the only two black students in their grade -- and called Obama her boyfriend.

The teacher, in the video, said she didn't know whether Obama bullied anyone -- but the argument quickly escalated, as the teacher yelled at the student, telling him "there is no comparison."

"He's running for president," she said of Romney. "Obama is the president."

The student argued that both candidates are "just men," but the teacher took issue with the statement.

"He's just a man. Obama is no god," the student said.

The teacher responded: "Let me tell you something ... you will not disrespect the president of the United States in this classroom."

The teacher went on to say the two candidates are "not equal."

According to the Salisbury Post, the teacher is still employed and has not been suspended.

"The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students," the school said in a statement, published by the Post. "Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly."

The video was first posted online last week.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/21/nc-teacher-captured-on-video-suggesting-student-could-be-arrested-for-obama/?test=latestnews

heavenlyboy34
05-21-2012, 04:29 PM
This ^^ guns beat paper every time.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
She's been suspended... with pay. :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/21/nc-teacher-captured-on-video-suggesting-student-could-be-arrested-for-obama/?test=latestnews

Can't ever fire a poop boss.
Poop boss: Any individual hired not for the benefit of society, but to fill a quota regarding race, creed, or color. Example: "We decided not to eat at that restaurant any more because of how its management was so obviously staffed with poop bosses."

Making up terms to the benefit of the people and to the detrement of tyranny.

Lishy
05-21-2012, 06:43 PM
WTF!? suspended with pay!? That's like free vacation!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-21-2012, 06:50 PM
This ^^ guns beat paper every time.

The shedding of blood defeats the guns.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
WTF!? suspended with pay!? That's like free vacation!

There is no more entitled of an individual in this nation than a woman of color.

tod evans
06-20-2012, 07:33 AM
North Carolina teacher who berated student over Obama criticism to keep job

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/20/nc-teacher-who-berated-student-over-obama-criticism-to-keep-job/?test=latestnews#ixzz1yL9EfQH8

The North Carolina high school teacher whose rant against a student who questioned President Obama went viral will keep her job.
The Salisbury Post reports that Tanya Dixon-Neely was suspended without pay, but that she will return to school next year. As a condition of her return, she reportedly will be required to start what was described as a "monitored growth plan."
Superintendent Judy Grissom said in a statement that the teacher fell short of the school system's standards, but expressed a desire to move on from the incident.
"While I remain deeply concerned about the performance documented in the recording of Ms. Dixon-Neely's classroom, I have concluded that she should have a chance to improve her teaching skills," Grissom reportedly said.
In the original video, which went viral last month, student Hunter Rogers elicited a heated response from the teacher when he criticized Obama. The argument started when the classroom began discussing news reports that Mitt Romney bullied a fellow student when he was in high school. At the time, The Washington Post had recently published a lengthy article alleging that Romney, as a teenager, had cut off another student's hair.
"Didn't Obama bully somebody though?" Rogers asked when the report was brought up, referring to an incident Obama described in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father."
The teacher, in the video, said she didn't know whether Obama bullied anyone -- but the argument quickly escalated, as the teacher yelled at the student, telling him "there is no comparison."
She later said: "Do you realize that people were arrested for saying things bad about Bush?"
The student told the teacher that one can't be arrested "unless you threaten the president."

Soca Taliban
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Monitored growth plan?????? smh

aGameOfThrones
06-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Superintendent Judy Grissom said in a statement that the teacher fell short of the school system's standards

I have concluded that she should have a chance to improve her teaching skills

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/05/29231328XCjXRyFF.gif

NoOneButPaul
06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Public Unions at their finest... what a joke.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
when does it happen? I'm not watching 9 minutes of this crap