PDA

View Full Version : Don't give an inch (A MUST READ!!! for states awaiting convention dates)

nobody's_hero
05-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Early in this process, I had often felt that it would be a good practice to try to award delegates to the RNC based on proportion of those who showed up, in the event that we had the majority.

My WARNING to Ron Paul supporters in states that have not yet held state conventions:

If you HAVE the majority, you MUST take 100% of the delegates on a slate, if at all possible, from this point on.

At the GA GOP convention, from my seat up in the nosebleed section (for guests and alternates who did not get moved up), I could see that we had perhaps 25% of the delegates in attendance, and yet we walked out with one delegate (confirmed, but could be more? - - let's just say one for now). If fairness were any issue whatsoever, it would stand to reason that we should have gotten at least 25% of the delegates. So, the math is, 25% of us in attendance, and the establishment took something like 30 of 31 delegates which will add to those chosen at district conventions here last month. Yeah, there ain't nothin' fair about the process. The majority rules, so take what you want.

If you have 50% +1 in attendance, if the rules allow in your state, you need to have slates ready that are slam-full of liberty delegates and alternates. Keep in mind that the establishment will not hesitate to steam-roll you with a simple majority.

I greatly apologize for the lack of support Ron Paul has here in Georgia, and I'm glad to see that Michigan and Minnesota were able to cancel out some ignorance, but I should let you know that the fight here yesterday was one that I would repeat if only to be in the small but tireless company of such profoundly informed supporters of liberty.

Again:

To those supporters of liberty in states that have not yet held state conventions, if you HAVE the majority, you MUST take 100% of the delegates on a slate, if at all possible, from this point on.

Please do not construe this post as a case of 'me telling you what to do.' This is not meant to be one of those 'bossy' RPF posts. I'm not saying this with arrogance whatsoever, or implying that I know all the answers. It is based only on what I witnessed here in Georgia yesterday at state convention. I only mean this thread to be a somewhat desperate, but clear, warning to fellow patriots in other states.

DON'T PLAY NICE. If the opportunity presents itself to take everything in your state, take it!

Ronulus
05-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm really suprised they let Michelle Bachmann take a spot in MN. We don't have to play nice, they sure aren't.

The Northbreather
05-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I agree with your take. I was surprised to see that our people in Minn threw Bachman a bone yesterday. I know it was a classy move but its hard to imagine the other team doing the same.

The Northbreather
05-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm really suprised they let Michelle Bachmann take a spot in MN. We don't have to play nice, they sure aren't.
Ha beat me to it

opinionatedfool
05-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Early in this process, I had often felt that it would be a good practice to try to award delegates to the RNC based on proportion of those who showed up, in the event that we had the majority.

My WARNING to Ron Paul supporters in states that have not yet held state conventions:

If you HAVE the majority, you MUST take 100% of the delegates on a slate, if at all possible, from this point on.

At the GA GOP convention, from my seat up in the nosebleed section (for guests and alternates who did not get moved up), I could see that we had perhaps 25% of the delegates in attendance, and yet we walked out with one delegate (confirmed, but could be more? - - let's just say one for now). If fairness were any issue whatsoever, it would stand to reason that we should have gotten at least 25% of the delegates. So, the math is, 25% of us in attendance, and the establishment took something like 30 of 31 delegates which will add to those chosen at district conventions here last month. Yeah, there ain't nothin' fair about the process. The majority rules, so take what you want.

If you have 50% +1 in attendance, if the rules allow in your state, you need to have slates ready that are slam-full of liberty delegates and alternates. Keep in mind that the establishment will not hesitate to steam-roll you with a simple majority.

I greatly apologize for the lack of support Ron Paul has here in Georgia, and I'm glad to see that Michigan and Minnesota were able to cancel out some ignorance, but I should let you know that the fight here yesterday was one that I would repeat if only to be in the small but tireless company of such profoundly informed supporters of liberty.

Again:

To those supporters of liberty in states that have not yet held state conventions, if you HAVE the majority, you MUST take 100% of the delegates on a slate, if at all possible, from this point on.

Please do not construe this post as a case of 'me telling you what to do.' This is not meant to be one of those 'bossy' RPF posts. I'm not saying this with arrogance whatsoever, or implying that I know all the answers. It is based only on what I witnessed here in Georgia yesterday at state convention. I only mean this thread to be a somewhat desperate, but clear, warning to fellow patriots in other states.

DON'T PLAY NICE. If the opportunity presents itself to take everything in your state, take it!

It would be nice if we could play nice, but I don't think they'll give us much chance if we do so. I agree. Take them all if you can.

nobody's_hero
05-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree with your take. I was surprised to see that our people in Minn threw Bachman a bone yesterday. I know it was a classy move but its hard to imagine the other team doing the same.

I don't think the establishment would, from here on out. Their orders are to crush the r3volution for effect. They want us to get discouraged. But after the patriotic dissent that I saw at the Georgia convention by a tireless, committed minority, I don't think we can afford to be discouraged.

techmeched
05-20-2012, 08:57 PM
It happens OP, especially in a state the Newt won... Thanks for all of your hard work!

juvanya
05-21-2012, 01:28 AM
ELECT A NEW CHAIR FIRST

nobody's_hero
05-21-2012, 06:32 AM
ELECT A NEW CHAIR FIRST

Yes, take everything!!!

Barrex
05-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Combustible lemon bump!

georgiaboy
05-21-2012, 08:38 AM
agreed, and to the OP, though Georgia is lagging other states (our state is full of Dixiecrats), the RP support and participation in the process has grown tremendously since 2008, and we did get some district delegates. Though we didn't gain the at-large slate, we have much to be proud about, and we won't ever give up. Our market share is increasing; theirs is decreasing. The outlook is hopeful.

truthspeaker
05-21-2012, 08:52 AM
:confused:

Um, no, not TEXAS. Ron Paul is specifically coming to give a "Republican Unity" talk in our State. RP supporters here are going to take a different strategy. Our current chair is known for his fairness and was the Tea Party nominee last election cycle (midterm elections). Doing this strategy would be a poor choice in the Lone Star State.

aksmith
05-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Um, no, not TEXAS. Ron Paul is specifically coming to give a "Republican Unity" talk in our State. RP supporters here are going to take a different strategy. Our current chair is known for his fairness and was the Tea Party nominee last election cycle (midterm elections). Doing this strategy would be a poor choice in the Lone Star State.

Ron can give a unity speech. But if you have the majority, put your own chair in place. We in NV had a "fair" chair, and about halfway through the process, he started hearing voice votes that were contrary to the actual voices being heard. Only when we got divisions on votes were we able to win. There is no need to have to be pains in the behind calling for division all the time. Get your own chair if you are able. Then you can be sure he'll be fair. And that's the operative word. When you have your own chair, he has to be fair and play by the rules. That is all you can ask. But there is a fair amount of discretion left up to the chair and you cannot afford to have those discretionary calls go against you. And you can certainly not afford to have the convention shut down prematurely if you are winning, and that appears to be the strategy some states have borrowed from NV four years ago.

Remember that these chairs are people. And there can be a lot of pressure brought to bear on them. Make sure you have your guy no matter what Ron thinks is polite. Just do it politely if you have the numbers. And if you're not sure, then give it a try anyway.

Ronulus
05-21-2012, 09:22 AM

Wait until convention time and see how many RP supporters we got. I know it wont be shabby.

Matt Collins
05-21-2012, 09:54 AM
I agree with your take. I was surprised to see that our people in Minn threw Bachman a bone yesterday. I know it was a classy move but its hard to imagine the other team doing the same.We aren't worried about it, we have ALL of the alternate slots so when she isn't in her seat at the Convention (most of the time I guess) her slot will be filled by a Ron Paul supporter. :D

surf
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
We aren't worried about it, we have ALL of the alternate slots so when she isn't in her seat at the Convention (most of the time I guess) her slot will be filled by a Ron Paul supporter. :Doutf#ckingstanding. what a great call. she's gonna be on a panel w/Huckabee, chatting with Greta, being seen.... you should have the alternate make a pro-peace or pro-pot motion from the floor.

The Northbreather
05-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Well played

twomp
05-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Again:

Quoted for truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxIssSROjk

nobody's_hero
05-21-2012, 12:54 PM
We aren't worried about it, we have ALL of the alternate slots so when she isn't in her seat at the Convention (most of the time I guess) her slot will be filled by a Ron Paul supporter. :D

That was another thing I learned from Georgia. The delegate process is unfortunately more of a way for politicians or party officers to have a chance to say they were delegates for candidate A or B or whatever.

Here in Georgia, the delegate process isn't a time for the American people to play a role in deciding who is to be the party's nomineee. I thought it was. Man, was I naive to think so!

However, the GA 4 Paul group is buzzing with ordinary people working on how to dismantle the "good 'ole boy" structure we have in this state.

Georgia is challenging Minnesota to a rematch in a few years.

Love y'all.