PDA

View Full Version : Paul family will be well-represented at state GOP convention

sailingaway
05-20-2012, 11:29 AM
FORT WORTH -- For Robert Paul, the state Republican Party's convention here this summer is more than a chance to become politically active.

It's a chance to see his family.

Paul, son of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul and a Benbrook doctor who lives in Fort Worth, didn't land a coveted delegate slot this year.

But he expects to have several relatives who will attend the convention as delegates staying at his house.

"They called me because they're looking for a place to stay, someplace cheap," Robert Paul said with a chuckle. "I'm excited about them coming up. I'll get to see them.

"I don't know who all is coming, but the more the merrier," he said. "Since [the convention is] in Fort Worth, I get to see everyone."

The Republican Party of Texas' convention, which is expected to draw up to 9,000 delegates and 9,000 alternates, will be held June 7-9 at the Fort Worth Convention Center.

Robert Paul's oldest brother, Ronnie, with his wife and two of their daughters, will be among the delegates.

His uncle Wayne, his dad's younger brother, who lives near Longview, will likely be here as well.

And U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Lake Jackson, the last Texan still in the presidential race, will be one of the featured speakers at the convention, party officials recently announced.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/05/19/3972472/paul-family-will-be-well-represented.html#storylink=cpy

//

kathy88
05-20-2012, 11:32 AM
See, fiscal responsibility runs in the family :) Crashing at a relatives' instead of getting a hotel. And they probably all like each other and get along too.

KenInMontiMN
05-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Yep, state conventions can be family time, I hosted so many relatives I ended up sleeping in the recliner in the lowest level of the house Friday night.

TruthisTreason
05-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Wayne Paul for Pres 2016!