PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Johnson 2012 over obamney!

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi RPF, well it is not to early any longer to support Gary Johnson now unless your still fighting in a state for Ron Paul. It seems i would of waited to post something like this but after benton,wead and tate. It is obvious if they can move on . We can to!

As a republican i cannot vote for obamney in the gop. It will be my job in life to hold the gop accountable. I strongly urge folks not to write in Ron Paul unless you state actually counts the write in votes and many do not. I will be supporting Gary Johnson over obamney. There are some suggesting to vote obama over romney and i do understand the reasoning but so far my plan will be to donate and support Gary johnson on an activist level. If the gop wants to alienate me because of this. Then i am fine with that as well. I will support the gop when they run candidates that i can vote for.

I will have no problems telling gop leaders or other republicans why i will NOT VOTE ROMNEY!

I strongly urge Ron paul supporters don't write in Ron Paul unless you are 100% certain they count the write in votes in your state. Your best option to hold the gop accountable is Vote Obama or Gary Johnson. I pledge not to vote for Obamney(romney).

I want to thank RPF and even DP and Liberty supporters. I will continue to fight for Liberty and hold the gop accountable until i die.

asurfaholic
05-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Im going to hold out until I see exactly what my options are. If paul is vp, then I honestly may go that route. If not, then I will certainly not be voting GOP. Can't be too absolute though, there's too much that can happen between now and then.

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Im going to hold out until I see exactly what my options are. If paul is vp, then I honestly may go that route.

In what bizarre alternate reality would that be?

I certainly do not believe that Ron Paul would throw away everything he has done for 4 decades,, but were he to flip flop in support of everything he has stood against,, I will write in Mickey Mouse.

Oh,, and there is no fat lady singing,, yet.

ctiger2
05-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Johnson will get creamed as all 3rd party candidates do, even if he had Paul on the ticket. I say he gets <=1%.

FrankRep
05-20-2012, 09:49 AM
speciallyblend, Johnson has absolutely no chance of winning.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:53 AM

that is not the point. i am not voting romney that is the point but i want my vote at least counted. I will vote gary or write in ron paul if colorado counts write ins. Plan a was ron paul,plan b was gary and i really do not want to do plan c unless romney has a chance on winning. Then i would vote obama.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:54 AM

are you suggesting i vote romney? if so f no. or are you suggesting i write in ron paul so they do not count my vote at all?

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Johnson will get creamed as all 3rd party candidates do, even if he had Paul on the ticket. I say he gets <=1%.

so are you suggesting i vote romney? I am not voting to be the winner at this point . I am voting so my vote counts toward liberty not gop establishment.

thoughtomator
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Until and unless someone other than Ron Paul becomes the GOP nominee, it's too early for this thread. Wait for the general election season.

FrankRep
05-20-2012, 10:11 AM
are you suggesting i vote romney? if so f no. or are you suggesting i write in ron paul so they do not count my vote at all?
I'm suggesting you should use strategy and logic.

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Then Vote Vermin Supreme. He has no chance of winning either.

Protest Vote=Protest Vote

Voting for more of the same is an endorsement of more of the same.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Different strokes & strategies for different folks.

#EddieIzzard: "I'm willing to learn."

DO please delineate the LOGIC, right after you clarify your strategy.

cajuncocoa
05-20-2012, 10:21 AM
are you suggesting i vote romney? if so f no. or are you suggesting i write in ron paul so they do not count my vote at all?I am no longer willing to vote for a "lesser evil" candidate. I joined the No One But Paul movement early on -- and I meant every word!

(And that was for Paul at the top of the ticket, not the #2 spot on some idiot's ticket...I still don't believe RP would accept that, nor do I believe it would be offered).

I don't know if write-in votes are allowed in my state, but I will find out. If they are, I will write-in Ron Paul. If they don't count it, that's on them...but I'm not willing to vote for someone I don't really want just to play their game. And if write-ins are not possible, I will stay home on election day.

THAT'S what No One But Paul means.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 10:24 AM
...I will stay home on election day.

That registers with no one, no how.

It seems NO ONE BUT PAUL means different things to different people.

AS IS USUALLY THE CASE with Feelings, Beliefs, Commitments, et al.

NoOneButPaul
05-20-2012, 10:27 AM
In what bizarre alternate reality would that be?

I certainly do not believe that Ron Paul would throw away everything he has done for 4 decades,, but were he to flip flop in support of everything he has stood against,, I will write in Mickey Mouse.

Oh,, and there is no fat lady singing,, yet.

Can't blame a guy for getting himself a heartbeat away from the POTUS...

History tells us theres a 1/6 chance Romney dies.

Ron Paul, not Rand, being VP is the only way Romney would ever get my vote.

I'm convinced someone would shoot him.

Jingles
05-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm more than willing to bet that write-ins don't get counted in PA (considering how establishment my states politics are. PA politics are pretty much the definition of establishment. Hence was I was amazed when I saw Marc Scaringi ran. I was like, "A LIBERTY CANDIDATE! IN PA!? THIS DOESN'T EVER HAPPEN. GO SCARINGI!".)

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination I will vote for Johnson. I will say I get slightly annoyed at the comments that are like, "It's too early or we need to work on our current campaign". We know that (no one here is throwing in the towel), but we can't have a discussion about plan B or plan C?

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 10:38 AM

then i would be voting gary over romney/obama unless i felt the race was close then i might consider voting obama over romney but i really do not want to vote lesser of 2 evils. I will be calling the colorado election board tomorrow to double check write-ins.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm more than willing to bet that write-ins don't get counted in PA (considering how establishment my states politics are. PA politics are pretty much the definition of establishment. Hence was I was amazed when I saw Marc Scaringi ran. I was like, "A LIBERTY CANDIDATE! IN PA!? THIS DOESN'T EVER HAPPEN. GO SCARINGI!".)

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination I will vote for Johnson. I will say I get slightly annoyed at the comments that are like, "It's too early or we need to work on our current campaign". We know that (no one here is throwing in the towel), but we can't have a discussion about plan B or plan C?

exactly, i am not throwing in the towel just discussing plan b or plan c:) i did all i can do in Colorado now to hold the cogop accountable for their actions.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 10:43 AM

personally i think gary is not more of the same so i would hope he gets more votes then vermin supreme;)

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm not sold on Johnson at all, there is no way he's the next Ron Paul. His foreign policy is especially troubling:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/09/thedcs-jamie-weinstein-gary-johnsons-strange-foreign-policy/

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not sold on Johnson at all, there is no way he's the next Ron Paul. His foreign policy is especially troubling:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/09/thedcs-jamie-weinstein-gary-johnsons-strange-foreign-policy/

Does ANY Ron Paul Die Hard believe that ANYONE will "fill Ron Paul's shoes" ANYTIME in the meaningful future?

Gary Johnson's foreign policy is especially troubling? Man wants to GET OUT OF AFGHANISTAN, period.

No Defense Industry equivocation. No you-scratch-my-back-while-I-scratch-your-back timeline. WERKS FER ME.

He is a FISCAL REALIST. He will NOT chase yield by pummeling weaker nations, I think. Romney WILL, I think. Obama already HAS.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 10:57 AM

never said he was the next ron paul. i just said i would vote gary over romney.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 11:09 AM

personally i think gary is not more of the same so i would hope he gets more votes then vermin supreme;)

Not LIKING #GaryJohnson is anyone's prerogative. Not VOTING for #GaryJohnson is anyone's prerogative.

Saying Gary Johnson constitutes MORE OF THE SAME is steeped in willful ignorance of Johnson &/or blind devotion to Paul.

Respect38
05-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Gary Johnson isn't going to win. I don't think there's any question here.

HOWEVER, in my mind, voting Gary Johnson would be to make a statement, one that the Libertarian Party is gaining support.

I believe that writing-in Ron Paul if he doesn't get the nomination will have no impact at all in the long term future.

However, if we were to all gather around and vote Gary Johnson, and allow the Libertarians to break 1,000,000 votes for the first time, or break 1% for the second time, then I believe that this would make a statement, that there IS a third option outside the 2-party system we've grown up in.

I cannot vote, however. I can do nothing more that watch and cheer from the sidelines. I'll be watching, and rooting for Ron Paul if he gets the GOP nomination, or Gary Johnson otherwise, and maybe that makes me a bad person for not being a "NOBP" person, I don't know.

misean
05-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess writing Paul in is fine, but if Gary Johnson is actually running, why would people not coalesce support behind a guy who actually could make a dent in the vote total. Gary Johnson is about as close to Ron Paul as you have seen in your lifetime. Any other belief is just drinking Koolaid. Ron Paul is not Charles Manson. It's okay to support other people. Hell, if you actually want to go on track of accomplishment, Gary Johnson is probably better. "No one but Paul." Is this some sort of lunatic cult?

KMX
05-20-2012, 02:55 PM
I will be voting Ron Paul b/c that's who the Republican nominee will be. We are going to Tampa with the majority of the delegates in a bunch of states and plenty spread out threw the rest. Just wait.

cajuncocoa
05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I will stay home on election day.

That registers with no one, no how.

You may be right. But that's alright with me. I'm not interested in registering a vote for anyone but Ron Paul in the 2012 election.

Respect38
05-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I will be voting Ron Paul b/c that's who the Republican nominee will be. We are going to Tampa with the majority of the delegates in a bunch of states and plenty spread out threw the rest. Just wait.

Because the assumption of this thread is that Paul is NOT going to be the GOP nominee (and it's definitely not 100% like you seem to think it is, we've seen what the GOP is willing to pull) it should be responded as if the chooses are "Obama vs Romney vs Johnson vs Paul write-in".

Occam's Banana
05-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Gary Johnson is about as close to Ron Paul as you have seen in your lifetime. Any other belief is just drinking Koolaid.
No, he isn't, actually. Harry Browne was a LOT closer to Ron Paul than Gary Johnson will EVER be. (But maybe that's just the Kool-Aid talking. :rolleyes:)

cajuncocoa
05-20-2012, 03:27 PM
No, he isn't, actually. Harry Browne was a LOT closer to Ron Paul than Gary Johnson will EVER be. (But maybe that's just the Kool-Aid talking. :rolleyes:)

IMO, you're 100% correct.

Raudsarw
05-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I'd rather start a campaign to get people to write in their own name. I'd vote for Ron Paul since he could actually win, but if I had to make a symbolic vote, then there is no need for any compromise. Vote for yourself. You own yourself, who better to rule over you than you?

http://www.gunsanddopeparty.com/
If Paul doesn't get the nomination, vote Guns & Dope Party. You're the candidate. Congratulations.

MrGoose
05-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I plan on voting Ron Paul in my state. Although if pollsters call my house I'm saying Gary to get his percentage up so he can get in on the debates, and I'm telling all my friends to do so. If he gets in on the debates and performs well then I may change to him.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
You may be right. But that's alright with me. I'm not interested in registering a vote for anyone but Ron Paul in the 2012 election.

CLEARLY.

I am ABSOLUTELY correct, that not voting & writing-in where write-ins are not recorded DOES NOT MAKE ANYONE'S RADAR.

You don't care about that, that is your affair. Each to his own, that's what makes horse races, etc.

But GET IT, that that is what you are doing . . . going from ZOOM TO ZERO, if you don't get your way.

It's about DEMONSTRATING POWER. Concerted-dare-I-say-collective action is required to do that.

cajuncocoa
05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
CLEARLY.

I am ABSOLUTELY correct, that not voting & writing-in where write-ins are not recorded DOES NOT MAKE ANYONE'S RADAR.

You don't care about that, that is your affair. Each to his own, that's what makes horse races, etc.

But GET IT, that that is what you are doing . . . going from ZOOM TO ZERO, if you don't get your way.

It's about DEMONSTRATING POWER. Concerted-dare-I-say-collective action is required to do that.

So, what would YOU have me do? Vote Romney? Vote Gary Johnson? No thanks. They don't share my values the way Ron Paul does.

I've done the "lesser evil" thing before...not since 2004, but I came too darned close in 2008 (fortunately Ron Paul was added on my ballot through the LA Taxpayers party or I probably would have voted for McCain :eek:)

If I would have to vote for someone just to keep someone else from winning, why should it matter if my vote is counted or not? If it doesn't count for me, what difference does it make?

misean
05-20-2012, 05:20 PM

Harry Browne is great. I usually think of Harry Browne more like I think about Rothbard, more of a economic philosopher. Though Harry Browne did run for president and is much closer to Paul ideologically than Johnson.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 05:21 PM
If it doesn't count for me, what difference does it make?

Spoken like a "true" American.

I repeat, it's about DEMONSTRATION OF POWER.

It's about instilling bona fide look-over-their-shoulder-like-we-look-over-our-shoulder FEAR.

misean
05-20-2012, 05:32 PM
So, what would YOU have me do? Vote Romney? Vote Gary Johnson? No thanks. They don't share my values the way Ron Paul does.

I'm curious how Johnson doesn't share your values the way Paul does? I don't agree with Johnson on abortion. I'm not a fan of the FAIR tax. I don't think Johnson has the same level of understanding of economics as Paul. I don't see voting for Johnson as a compromised vote. Not only do I not think its compromised, I'm enthusiastically voting for Johnson. I couldn't be happier to be voting for someone like him. He is like 99% the same as Paul. I feel like people should have some perspective. Heck, he's even much better than Paul on somethings. Ron Paul is far from perfect. He is great, but he isn't God. There are a lot of things that I would like to see him do better, but I don't consider voting for Paul a compromised vote.

Respect38
05-20-2012, 05:43 PM

Vote Gary Johnson.

He's the only of the hypothetical scenario that in any way represent what we fight for, and have your vote count if you'd vote for him.

Really, it's between Johnson and Paul to me, and because it's Paul as a write-in in the hypothetical scenario, then the choice is clear.

cajuncocoa
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm curious how Johnson doesn't share your values the way Paul does? I don't agree with Johnson on abortion. I'm not a fan of the FAIR tax.

You already mentioned 2 things, and -- like you -- I agree more with Ron Paul on those two issues than Gary Johnson.

Then, there's this:

http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/11/gary-johnsons-foreign-policy-libertarian (http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/11/gary-johnsons-foreign-policy-libertarian)

If none of that bothers you enough to withhold your vote for Johnson, go for it.

When I said No One But Paul...well, I meant it: No One.

DaninPA
05-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm more than willing to bet that write-ins don't get counted in PA...

That's what I heard/read in '08, so I voted Baldwin. Next morning the local paper ran an article about how many write-in votes Paul got :confused:

Though it may be true thate the state doesn't "oficially" count write-ins.

cajuncocoa
05-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Vote Gary Johnson.

*sigh*

I said it earlier today: this is beginning to look more and more like the "Gary Johnson Forums" than Ron Paul's.

I'm getting more disappointed with the posts I'm seeing on this board all the time.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 05:53 PM
*sigh*

I said it earlier today: this is beginning to look more and more like the "Gary Johnson Forums" than Ron Paul's.

I'm getting more disappointed with the posts I'm seeing on this board all the time.

Now you know how Freedom Fighters felt while GOP ONLY people let the Libertarian Party and Americans Elect longer-long-shot options simply evaporate . . . poof, gone . . . rather than advance multiple plays/strategies on the battlefield.

Respect38
05-20-2012, 05:57 PM
*sigh*

I fail to see how you've been led to this conclusion. This very much is and will always be Ron Paul's forums.

Thing is, if this Ron Paul R3volution doesn't work out, then we need a plan B.

If Ron Paul does not get the GOP nomination, then there is 0% chance of Paul getting into the White House.

Getting someone (preferably Paul) who has views like us into the White House would be our #1 priority. If that priority is brought to a 0% chance, then we move on to the #2 priority.

#2 priority, to me, is to make a statement and maybe long-term effects to America. It is MY OPINION that writing-in Ron Paul in November will do neither of these things. At this point, all of the options to replace chairmen among other things would be long gone, and any opportunities to make changes we could make to the GOP would have already passed by. So then the next option, for me, would be to put my support in a party that I best believes continues the legacy that Ron Paul has left with us, and I feel like that party is the Libertarian Party.

So, I would personally vote for Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket for president, if I could.

misean
05-20-2012, 06:05 PM
*sigh*

I think people want to figure out how best to have an impact in seeing free market values advanced. All of these local elections are huge. Getting peoplein power locally is big. I highly doubt a write in campaign is going to have a big impact. Gary Johnson on the other hand could (though won't unfortunately from reading the forums) get 5-15% of the vote if there was a concerted effort to back him. It would be good to have someone besides Paul in the national debates. A lost of people automatically shut down when they hear Paul talk and assume he is a fringe kook from what they hear from the radio hosts. It would be nice to have similar values echoed by someone else on that scale.

05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Ron or Rand as VP will get my vote for Romney.

If Ron doesn't win and doesn't run third party I will switch my support to Gary. My only major disagreement with him is that he isn't pro-life.

aksmith
05-20-2012, 08:34 PM

That article sounds to me like a guy who isn't really sure of his foreign policy. Sounds like his lack of experience in that area is a problem. But his instinct to cut back to 2003 levels is a good one. And will mitigate that he wants to "do good" with the military. He simply wouldn't have the resources.

But mostly, he needs to study up on the subject and develop a more coherent philosophy.

Shotdown1027
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM

This is not so. See, some protests votes allow parties to keep ballot access. The LP needs a certain number of votes in various contests in various states in order to keep their hard-earned ballot access. "So what?" some people will say.

Well, the LP very rarely wins important elections, it's true. However, they operate as a pressure group, an incubator for ideas and activists, and a "stick" with which to punish the GOP when they don't nominate liberty candidates.

They also fight bad ballot access laws more than any other institution out there. And they're more successful than any group too. I can cite a source for that if needed. The point is--who else are you going to vote for? Johnson and the LP at least marginally represent our views, closer than any other option, certainly closer than Romney. So why not vote Johnson?

Shotdown1027
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I am no longer willing to vote for a "lesser evil" candidate. I joined the No One But Paul movement early on -- and I meant every word!

(And that was for Paul at the top of the ticket, not the #2 spot on some idiot's ticket...I still don't believe RP would accept that, nor do I believe it would be offered).

I don't know if write-in votes are allowed in my state, but I will find out. If they are, I will write-in Ron Paul. If they don't count it, that's on them...but I'm not willing to vote for someone I don't really want just to play their game. And if write-ins are not possible, I will stay home on election day.

I can save you some time. Louisiana doesn't allow write-ins. You ought to vote for Johnson or Goode or whomever fits your views best, though. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Shotdown1027
05-20-2012, 10:16 PM

PA keeps, but does not record, the write-ins. Each county collects them, but they very rarely record or publish these votes.

Shotdown1027
05-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Gary Johnson isn't going to win. I don't think there's any question here.

HOWEVER, in my mind, voting Gary Johnson would be to make a statement, one that the Libertarian Party is gaining support.

I believe that writing-in Ron Paul if he doesn't get the nomination will have no impact at all in the long term future.

However, if we were to all gather around and vote Gary Johnson, and allow the Libertarians to break 1,000,000 votes for the first time, or break 1% for the second time, then I believe that this would make a statement, that there IS a third option outside the 2-party system we've grown up in.

I cannot vote, however. I can do nothing more that watch and cheer from the sidelines. I'll be watching, and rooting for Ron Paul if he gets the GOP nomination, or Gary Johnson otherwise, and maybe that makes me a bad person for not being a "NOBP" person, I don't know.

I guess writing Paul in is fine, but if Gary Johnson is actually running, why would people not coalesce support behind a guy who actually could make a dent in the vote total. Gary Johnson is about as close to Ron Paul as you have seen in your lifetime. Any other belief is just drinking Koolaid. Ron Paul is not Charles Manson. It's okay to support other people. Hell, if you actually want to go on track of accomplishment, Gary Johnson is probably better. "No one but Paul." Is this some sort of lunatic cult?

That's what I heard/read in '08, so I voted Baldwin. Next morning the local paper ran an article about how many write-in votes Paul got :confused:

Though it may be true thate the state doesn't "oficially" count write-ins.

Each county decides this rule on their own. Some will release that info to newspapers and such if asked, some will even record it in their vote-ledgers. None send that information to the state.

Christopholes11
05-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm still behind Paul 100%. I still believe we have a chance in Tampa. That being said I am weighing my options on what I will do if he does not get the nomination. I found that the only instance where my choice is tough is if Ron Paul is selected to be VP for Romney. Otherwise I will not vote for Romney or Obama, period.

This leaves me one choice, to vote third party. My state does not even allow write in votes for president, at all. I could sit at home, but that accomplishes nothing. My best choice is to vote for Gary Johnson in this instance. Overall I like Paul better, he is my first choice. However, Johnson is a solid second choice. On some issues I like Paul better, on others I like Johnson better. In the end if Paul is not the Republican nominee I will enthusiastically vote for Gary Johnson.

I would discourage voting for Obama/Romney and encourage voting third party, whoever you like best. In my case that is Johnson, by far. It would be awesome if he could get a significant number of votes come November. Again, assuming Paul doesn't get the nomination. In any case remember this, it was never about Ron Paul alone. It's about expanding our liberty and continuing the Revolution. Ron Paul is still my best option to accomplish this, but if he doesn't get the Republican Nomination, Gary Johnson takes his place.

Morerockin
05-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Perhaps, but he's polling 6-9% nationally right now, and if we can elevate those numbers betweennow and September (like we did with the RP2012 campaign) we can get him into the national debate against Obamney!!!! If we do that, IT'S ON LIKE KONG! I don't give an eff if GJ gets 1% or 20% in the general election. As long as Romney loses, I'm happy.

Morerockin
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Until and unless someone other than Ron Paul becomes the GOP nominee, it's too early for this thread. Wait for the general election season.

Not true. The goal of the GJ campaign right now is to elevate his poll numbers so he can reach 15% in 5 national polls so he can meet the establishment criteria to KICK OBAMNEYS ASS IN THE DEBATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morerockin
05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I am no longer willing to vote for a "lesser evil" candidate. I joined the No One But Paul movement early on -- and I meant every word!

The no one but paul thing is a waste of time and no one will give a shit when you write him in. Mke your vote count for liberty's sake.

thoughtomator
05-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Not true. The goal of the GJ campaign right now is to elevate his poll numbers so he can reach 15% in 5 national polls so he can meet the establishment criteria to KICK OBAMNEYS ASS IN THE DEBATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will manufacture whatever numbers they want to make sure that does not happen. You can bank on it, under no circumstances will a third voice get to dispute the common political platform of the two Goldman Sachs candidates.

cheapseats
05-21-2012, 08:06 PM
They will manufacture whatever numbers they want to make sure that does not happen. You can bank on it, under no circumstances will a third voice get to dispute the common political platform of the two Goldman Sachs candidates.

That is PRECISELY what the Great & Powerful They WANT plebeians to believe.

You seriously think they would stick to their guns if tens of thousands of pissed off people would converge on Mainstream Media headquarters, DEMANDING that the Libertarian Party be "allowed" in the debates? Screw up traffic and commerce, lots of arrests, lots of overtime, lots of bad press? Dilettante Anchors and Executives with heebie-jeebies? I think NOT.

You seriously think they would stick to their guns if NAUSEATED American Voters commenced meaningful ECONOMIC SANCTIONS of their own? Refusing to relax them until Mainstream Media AND PARTY BOSSES agree to "allow" a third voice onto the stage and into the "dialogue"? We're talkin' BOTTOM LINES here. I think NOT.

At THIS point, I think MEDIA is even more frightened than Rank & File Scaredy Cats are. They are beginning to criticize MEDIA BIAS, lol. They know damn well that, if push comes to shove, THEY will be with the PUSHERS against whom the people finally SHOVE BACK.

Respect38
05-21-2012, 09:37 PM
The 2* that this thread has gotten makes me worried that we'll go out with a wimper if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

I don't go out with a wimper. I would rather go out and try to make a statement, and voting write-in Paul wouldn't make a statement whatsoever.

I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers for Paul getting the nomination.

Nathan Hale
05-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Johnson can beat the system and get in the debates...but he needs our support. Let them manufacture fake polls, so long as Johnson is there with the resources to counter their assertions.

Respect38
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
The other large Johnson thread just got removed... strange.

I don't think the mods here are understanding our message--we are not--well, I am not pro-Johnson. I am pro-liberty, and it is my belief that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination, then voting Libertarian with Gary Johnson is the best plan B.

Because I would bet that the amount of states that Ron Paul would have write-in votes counted for him (not just states that count write-in votes, but states that count write-in votes that Ron Paul would meet requirements for) would not even reach the full 270 electors needed to win the nomination, even if he could possibly win the nomination.

Nirvikalpa
05-25-2012, 04:33 PM
You know how the last time you were in chat you told me to "f--- off?" Right back at you. :)

Respect38
05-25-2012, 04:48 PM
You know how the last time you were in chat you told me to "f--- off?" Right back at you. :)

"Reply With Quote" is your friend. Use it. ;)

realtonygoodwin
05-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I won't vote for Romney, Obama, or Johnson.

I don't want to vote for Virgil Goode, but I may have to.

Nirvikalpa
05-25-2012, 04:57 PM
"Reply With Quote" is your friend. Use it. ;)

No, really? Been here since 08... I know how to use forum functions.

The person who said it knows who he is, there doesn't have to be a quote.

PierzStyx
05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Even if The Doctor doesn't win the nomination I bet he gets a higher write in vote than Johnson does as the head of an official party. That is because Johnson sucks.

Nathan Hale
05-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Even if The Doctor doesn't win the nomination I bet he gets a higher write in vote than Johnson does as the head of an official party. That is because Johnson sucks.

If a write-in gets more votes than Johnson, it's not Johnson who sucks, it's the morons who write-in.

Respect38
05-25-2012, 08:55 PM

That would be a very sad day full of a lot of wasted votes. :(

Occam's Banana
05-26-2012, 02:17 AM
If a write-in gets more votes than Johnson, it's not Johnson who sucks, it's the morons who write-in.

That would be a very sad day full of a lot of wasted votes. :(

Just as no "objective" valuation can be placed upon goods offered or received in free exchange, no "objective" utility can be assigned to voting in any particular way. How one votes (or even *IF* one votes) depends on a subjectively ordinal ranking of one's desires, valuations, purposes, etc. IOW: Saying that a write-in vote for Ron Paul is "worth" less than an on-ballot vote for Gary Johnson (or vice versa) is no more intersubjectively valid than saying that people should prefer apples to oranges (or vice versa).

Attempting to persuade others to change their subjectively rank-ordered valuations (so that they'll vote the way you prefer) is a legitimate couse of action. (Indeed, when it comes to getting people to vote in a particular way, there *is* no other legitimate course of action.) But I suspect that calling other people "morons" because they don't share your assessments is unlikely to achieve your purpose.