PDA

View Full Version : 2 Main Minnesota Newspapers Report Ron Paul Sweep!! AWESOME READ

nbruno322
05-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Awesome articles from the 2 main Minnesota newspapers!!!

Paul power takes over state GOP convention
Star Tribune

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/152171105.html

Ron Paul backers complete weekend sweep in Minnesota
Pioneer Press

http://www.twincities.com/ci_20663278/ron-paul-backers-complete-weekend-sweep-minnesota?source=most_viewed

IlliniLiberty
05-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Who will finally breakdown first and mention this on the political shows? I doubt anybody from Fox. Chris Matthews?

thatpeculiarcat
05-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Who will finally breakdown first and mention this on the political shows? I doubt anybody from Fox. Chris Matthews?

Maddow

SilenceDewgooder
05-19-2012, 09:30 PM
My only question is why did the final delegate concede his spot to Bachmann?

cassielund99@gmail.com
05-19-2012, 09:33 PM
It was a respect factor. Like we did in Maine and had Governor Lepage as a delegate. Also Romney's slate had Lepage.

specsaregood
05-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Awesome articles from the 2 main Minnesota newspapers!!!
Paul power takes over state GOP convention
Star Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/152171105.html

From that:

Paul's ascent in the Minnesota GOP puzzles some longtime activists. He is hardly a charismatic firebrand, giving speeches that can be more meandering than soaring political oratory. And while many politicians relish the chance to dive into crowds at big political events, Paul keeps to himself

Bunch of bullshit.

nbruno322
05-19-2012, 09:39 PM
From that:

Bunch of bullshit.

True, it was however a mostly good article.

LKMN
05-19-2012, 09:42 PM

This is hard to explain unless you've been here in MN for the past few months.... Call it a show of good faith, Minnesota nice, or whatever you want, but I truly believe that part of our success in taking over the party has been our level of respect and willingness to 'be the bigger person' - even when we are not afforded the same in return. This isn't pandering. It's an attempt at saying 'Look, this is our party now, we welcome you with open arms - Join us....rather than; 'Hahaha! Eat it bitches!" Do we deserve to just say the latter? Perhaps. But as tempting as that option is - that's not the Minnesota way. And I daresay it's not the Ron Paul way either. I'm confident that when MB sees where her constituency is headed, she'll fall in step, (and she'll definitely be going through some Liberty re-education in Tampa with all the rest of our delegates)If not, she can plan on flipping burgers come next election cycle.
And more than a message to MB - it was really a message to the rest of the state delegates who were left wondering what to think of all of us after today and where to go from here. I can pretty confidently say, that in the end, this one delegate will be worth the sacrifice. If the nomination comes down to one delegate. I'll eat my hat.
I know that there will be many who disagree - there were plenty right there at the convention who did, but the vast majority of us could see that it was a smart move.

MrGoose
05-19-2012, 09:43 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0KhRbSdEkuE/TymtgxJtcRI/AAAAAAAAArY/zGVzZt5dQ1w/s1600/so-much-win-starcraft-reaction.gif

r3volution
05-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Maddow only to make the gop look broken . im sure rush would be talking about it if it was going on in the dem party . she is not a friend , only playing the left right BS .

SilenceDewgooder
05-19-2012, 09:45 PM
It was a respect factor. Like we did in Maine and had Governor Lepage as a delegate. Also Romney's slate had Lepage.

The guy said respect, but Bachmann has try to undermine Paul the whole time. "He's dangerous", then lied about a Iran. I understand from a strategy point of view as an effort to try to unite the party, but this is war and unless we know we have the delegates, I do not like this move.

thatpeculiarcat
05-19-2012, 09:49 PM
only to make the gop look broken . im sure rush would be talking about it if it was going on in the dem party . she is not a friend , only playing the left right BS .

LOL, as if my one word post meant I was a believer in Rachel Maddow being on our side. I'm with you.
Maddow is a good example of the enemy of our enemy being our friend. (At least for now)

ican'tvote
05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
The guy said respect, but Bachmann has try to undermine Paul the whole time. "He's dangerous", then lied about a Iran. I understand from a strategy point of view as an effort to try to unite the party, but this is war and unless we know we have the delegates, I do not like this move.
At least it will be harder for Romney to try and remove the Minnesota delegation.

SilenceDewgooder
05-19-2012, 10:15 PM
At least it will be harder for Romney to try and remove the Minnesota delegation.

Didnt think of that... that makes more sense...

ican'tvote
05-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Didnt think of that... that makes more sense...
I didn't either LOL. I read it somewhere else on this site.

WesSeid
05-19-2012, 10:21 PM
From that:

Bunch of bullshit.

"The Constitution, small government, cut spending, cut taxes, have Congress declare wars, audit The Fed... we just can't figure out why people like this Ron Paul guy." :D

Isaac Bickerstaff
05-19-2012, 10:26 PM
It was delicious. As the result of the voting was being read and the "Unity Slate" were returning numbers in the 30's%, across the room from The Establishment, you could hear the crest falling.

slamhead
05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
I didn't either LOL. I read it somewhere else on this site.

You probably read my post on the topic in another thread. I felt it was a good move so if Romney wanted to try to invalidate the delegates he would have to throw out Bachmann also.

RonRules
05-19-2012, 10:55 PM

That was admirable. I personally would not have done it, but I respect the person that did it.

But now, let's watch her like hawks. First she should publicly thank the Ron Paul delegate and she better say nothing but nice things about Ron Paul.

I'm personally watching.

LKMN
05-19-2012, 11:16 PM
That was admirable. I personally would not have done it, but I respect the person that did it.

But now, let's watch her like hawks. First she should publicly thank the Ron Paul delegate and she better say nothing but nice things about Ron Paul.

I'm personally watching.

We all are :D

francisco
05-19-2012, 11:26 PM

I'm personally watching.

(My emphasis in bold)

And if she doesn't she will be an absolute PARIAH within the delegation

Matt Collins
05-21-2012, 12:23 AM
At least it will be harder for Romney to try and remove the Minnesota delegation.He wouldn't be able to anyway. The vote was completely legal and legitimate. There is no instrument that allows him to do this. Also, Senate candidate Kurt Bills was on the Ron Paul slate too.

Matt Collins
05-21-2012, 12:36 AM
We took all of the alternate delegate slots yesterday too. If I had to guess, she will only appear when necessary and also just for the ceremonial stuff. That means that if she isn't in her seat on the Convention floor then a Ron Paul alternate will be seated in her place.

Matt Collins
05-21-2012, 12:38 AM
In 2 years, she will have to go through the MN liberty movement if she is to be reelected again, heh. That means we essentially have control over how she votes. :D

Matt Collins
05-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Oh, and not to mention, she is actually not qualified to be a delegate. The Convention rules that were passed clearly state that she had to appear in person before the nominations committee for an interview in order to be allowed to run for Delegate. She phoned it in which is clearly against the rules.

Aratus
05-21-2012, 01:20 AM
there are days when i enjoy reading matt collins's postings and today is one of 'em

devil21
05-21-2012, 01:55 AM
He is hardly a charismatic firebrand, giving speeches that can be more meandering than soaring political oratory. And while many politicians relish the chance to dive into crowds at big political events, Paul keeps to himself.

I can't imagine why people would want any of that in a President. /sarcasm

We want slick double-speaking authoritarians that lie constantly and talk in circles and we want them now! ROMNEY 2012! OBAMA 2012! Anybody but a humble man that says what he thinks and means what he says! ROBAMA 2012!

whippoorwill
05-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Freaking sweet!

whippoorwill
05-21-2012, 06:20 AM
"These libertarians don't believe in natural law whatsoever."

That guy has never heard of John Locke.