PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Rising...

Electrostatic
11-15-2007, 10:03 PM
This is the third day in a row that Huckabee has out raised us... He seams to have "borrowed" all of Ron Paul's issues with the exception of foreign policy.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/micro/micro_rp_vs_huck_today.png

me3
11-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Wake me up when Mike raises $250k in one day.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Perhaps the frontrunners will be the Huckster and RP and the three amigos will be discovered for the liberal shills they are and discarded by the Republican base.

paulitics
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
How does this happen, did he have a money bomb?

NinjaPirate
11-15-2007, 10:07 PM
They're probably trying to reach their $2mil goal.

Stealth4
why doesnt RP start at zero on this graph?

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/huckabee_oct_total.html

dircha
How does this happen, did he have a money bomb?

Mike Huckabee is polling at 2nd place in Iowa, only a few points behind Romney.

He polls ahead of us nationally.

And he polls only a few points behind us in New Hampshire.

He has a lot of support. It's as simple as that.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Also looks like 20k of offline donations were added tonight.

Richandler
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Chuck Norris is active in the campaign. The internet renewing his popularity has lead to his influence.

Nobody listen to me when I said we needed to raise 10 million by the end of November. We are barely on pace to make 9 million. Meanwhile Mitt Romney is spending that much on commercials alone. Our money is still sitting in our pockets 4 weeks away from delivery. Mitt's name recognition grows ours, well it grows too but not directly into the propaganda tube.

Ron Paul Fan
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Huckabee is trailing overall by $7 million. Stop fretting! By the time December 16th rolls around we will have raised $20 million and he will have raised $3 million. He's a joke and he can't win outside of Iowa.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Please post threads like this in the Mike Huckabee forum when you get the urge. This is the Ron Paul forum. Thanks.

paulitics
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I never thought this guy was a joke, that southern christian vote has to go somehwhere and Fred is running a flat tire. I don't see how Romney, and Giuliani combined have so much support, these 2 liberal yankees.

Ready2Revolt
11-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I attribute it to people saving for the teaparty fundraising. We could give now and barely make a blip, or give on one day and make an explosion.

dircha
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Huckabee is trailing overall by $7 million. Stop fretting! By the time December 16th rolls around we will have raised $20 million and he will have raised $3 million. He's a joke and he can't win outside of Iowa.

Huckabee trails us by less than 2% in New Hampshire.

He leads us by several points nationally.

And he is far and away ahead of us in Iowa.

If we think that Mike Huckabee is a joke and that raising money is what this is about, then we are in for an unpleasant awakening.

Mike Huckabee is now polling 2nd place in Iowa despite having next to no money. Yet we, for all of our money, having out raised him nearly 10 times over, are losing to him with only a month and a half to go.

Ron Paul Fan
11-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I thought the polls meant little. Now all of a sudden they do. Huckabee is a fraud and he will be exposed! He cannot win in New Hampshire! He cannot win in Nevada! He can't win in these states. He's gonna have $3 million to spend and that's it! Everyone is complaining that Romney is spending all of this money on ads and now Huckabee is a threat because he has no money to spend on ads. It's a joke! Huckabee is a joke!

JustBcuz
11-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Huckabee is finding support because the Big 3 (Guilliani, Romney, & Thompson) are uninspiring, especially for the Christian right groups. Very few people actually WANT to vote for them.

The folks are looking for something else. Let's give it to them.

fcofer
11-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Please post threads like this in the Mike Huckabee forum when you get the urge. This is the Ron Paul forum. Thanks.

This is the General Politics forum, actually. And this is topic in general politics that is of intense concern to many of us. Just ignore these threads if you don't want to read about them. You can stop worrying -- nobody here is going to be converted to Huckabee due to our discussion.

---

I think that the rising of Huck has at least some benefits to us. It makes me try harder to get more converts and donors. For the last week I have converted, on average, at least one Huckabee supporter per day.

I live in the South, and for those of you who think that Huckabee is a one-hit wonder in Iowa, you might be in for a surprise. Granted, most of his supporters are very lackadaisical -- they like him primarily because he looks and talks like a preacher, and they don't really care about his specific positions on the issues (they assume he's like a preacher) but they like him much more than the frontrunners. Luckily, many of them don't care enough to vote for him in the primaries, but that might change.

We have a lot of work to do. I know that everyone hates being annoyed with pleas for donations, but I think that anyone who actually donates on a given day is immediately invested with the moral right to start a post asking for matches, especially if we are being outraised by one of our competitors.

DJ RP
11-16-2007, 12:10 AM
We need to stop being flippant about huckabee outraising us. In all the talk of dec16th and money bombs and such people seem to have stopped donating daily. This is important... we will outraise huckabee overall, of course, but we need to keep some momentum up for our candidate :(

frasu
11-16-2007, 06:07 AM
We need to stop being flippant about huckabee outraising us. In all the talk of dec16th and money bombs and such people seem to have stopped donating daily. This is important... we will outraise huckabee overall, of course, but we need to keep some momentum up for our candidate :(

I second that... I mean, if all we have left for RP is another 100 in about a month, we are not looking good. A $25 here and there wouldn't do any wrong until the tea party...

Lois
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I want to read Huckabee posts here, not on the Huckabee forum. He really gets on my nerves, but I want to keep an eye on him and what he's up to and how his campaign is doing, the same with the other candidates, so this is the place to post the news on Huckabee.

werdd
11-16-2007, 12:01 PM
is it any coincidence that dee da dee and huckabee rhyme?