PDA

View Full Version : Vote NOTA in November?

Thor
05-19-2012, 02:43 PM
"Vote NOTA" - None Of The Above (or Neither Of These A$$holes / None Of These A$$hats)

If Romney becomes the candidate for the GOP in August, instead of writing in Ron Paul (which is great and sends a strong message), what if we were to launch a campaign that could attract many, many people outside of just Paul supporters - to send an even stronger message?

A campaign for "Vote NOTA" - None Of The Above (or Neither Of These A$$holes / None Of These A$$hats) and see how many votes "NOTA" gets. If Ron Paul gets 1% due to write-ins, that sends a message; but if NOTA can get 5%, 10%, etc.. that is a much stronger message.

NOTA would be non partisan so it does not have a platform or positions, but could send a loud message that the 2 party system sucks. The site could highlight how bad both Romney and Obama are.... bashing each one equally. But not promote ANY candidate. Vote NOTA!

Personally, I am not voting Romney if he gets the bid. I am not voting Obama. And probably not voting Johnson (he just does not inspire me - listening to him speak is like watching paint dry.) So I either write-in Paul, don't vote, or write-in NOTA.

I think we could send a strong message if we can get typical non voters who just never show up because they think their vote does not count; all the Mickey Mouse, Elvis, Vermin Supreme, and other write-ins; all the non Paul people - like the Constitution Party, Green Party, Purple Party, every disenfranchised / independent person out there; AND all the Paul people.... all voting NOTA together.

A SIMPLE dedicated website that is mobile friendly or has mobile version(s), Facebook profile icons (and maybe a facebook app), tweet campaigns, YouTube videos, and maybe even t-shirts and stickers, etc... "VOTE NOTA!"

If Paul wins in Tampa, then this is irrelevant and doesn't even get launched; but if not.... 20% NOTA!

The press would have to cover "NOTA" getting a high percent, if it does.

If anyone likes this idea, we need to be all ready and prepared to launch all of it the day after Tampa, if the results are not what we want. And we also need to be prepared to simply abandoned all our work if RP gets the candidacy after the dust settles. I personally would be thrilled to abandoned all the work if RP is the candidate, but if not would like to send a loud and clear message that lots of people can get behind that our current system is broken.

Feedback?