PDA

View Full Version : Only 15% of people polled know who Ron Paul is and he is polling between 5-8%

TechnoGuyRob
11-15-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2007/11/15/forbes-tracker-appeal-oped-cx_daa_1115appeal.html

The appeal of Bill Richardson, the Democratic governor of New Mexico, surged 12 points to 36%, just ahead of Republican Ron Paul, whose appeal score moved up four points to 35%. But in each case, just 15% of those polled recognized the candidate.

Don't you dare move this to "news", mods.

This is an encouraging wake-up call for grassroots central to do some name awareness raising. :D I suspect after his $20+ mil haul this quarter, Paul will use that money to change that 15% to a bit higher number. :)

thechitowncubs
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Good perspective, just keep it up people, we're doing so much already. Don't stop believing!

0zzy
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Wait, so what happen? 35% out of the 15% that know him think Ron Paul is appealing?

Richandler
11-15-2007, 10:10 PM
This campaign picked up 6 months ago. We only have a month and a half to create 4x as much name recognition. I have no clue how that will happen.

doronster195
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
I have no clue how that will happen.

December 16th.

honkywill
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
This campaign picked up 6 months ago. We only have a month and a half to create 4x as much name recognition. I have no clue how that will happen.

10,000,000 in one day is how it will happen.

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM

ronpaulyourmom
11-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Rob, keep in mind that the 8% is probably a sample taken from likely voters, whatever that may mean...so comparing it to the forbes thing may not be completely relevant. Also, much of that 8% would be protest votes against Rudy/Hillary, not a sign of true support for Paul.

That said, if Ron Paul did run 3rd party, there's a high probability that he would poll highly enough to get a podium at the debates. With such a tight field, and no pro-life candidate in the running, I think he would have a real shot at winning the whole thing. That's assuming once again, Hillary and Rudy are his opponents.

dircha
11-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Hopefully by the campaign spending the money we have given them.

I'd hate to see Iowa and New Hampshire roll around without having spent at least the remainder of what we had in the bank at the end of 3rd quarter and a good part of what we've raised so far this quarter.

Richandler
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM

You guarantee?

Dorfsmith
11-15-2007, 11:20 PM

I think the key is that as the election gets closer people start paying more attention to it. I've been spreading the word for almost 9 months and it seems that just now the average person on the street is starting to focus on the candidates.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 11:23 PM
if every person made one person aware everyday, our awareness would doubel daily

Ron LOL
11-15-2007, 11:26 PM

Joe Average isn't even paying attention to the race yet.

Benaiah
11-15-2007, 11:28 PM
This is why I made a long post on him needing to spend the money now on NATIONAL advertisements and keep the momentum going. AFter the quarter has ended it will be too late because we'll be in the primaries, we need to spend 10 million now boosting Paul's national recognition which will drive him up in the polls and result in more donations. The campaign will move on the the big states like florida, texas and california after the first primaries and wee need to be prepared. If we let teh national pundits define paul on their shows as crazy, unopposed constantly, before then it will be too late. Throw caution to the wind at start a major ad blitz in the bigger states to let people know Paul's true positions. We have over 10 million on hand, and will get another 10 million before the quarter ends. We need to stay innovative, quick, and nimble, keep the momentum going and keep pounding them with ads. Speed kills.

I agree. They need to start spending the money NOW. Ending the quarter with 10 million cash on hand makes no sense. I want him to end the quarter with hardly anything on hand. Spend the money and get your name out there Paul.

tremendoustie
11-15-2007, 11:31 PM
To what extent to people make themselves aware as their primary approaches? Is there any historical data on this?

TechnoGuyRob
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree. They need to start spending the money NOW. Ending the quarter with 10 million cash on hand makes no sense. I want him to end the quarter with hardly anything on hand. Spend the money and get your name out there Paul.

He's going to need a lot of cash on hand, because as the mainstream candidates start realizing what a threat he is and launching attacks on him, he'll have to have the power to defend himself.

In fact, it's well known in politics that if you don't have money but have a chance of winning, you won't win. He simply can't spend it all, because that leaves him vulnerable and defenseless. Kind of like how if the US suddenly got rid of all its weapons, soldiers, and army, I'm sure there would be more than one country a little eager to "use" that.

richard1984
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM

It's pretty sad that the only "inputs"/source of information that the "voting public" (i.e., old people -- ;)) have is from the television/tube. Fortunately for us (but unfortunately for the "powers that be"), the internet/series of tubes has been around long enough now to function as an even more powerful source of information, and we are now congregating behind the message of Liberty and the true United States of America.

It seems to me that the "old voting public" (the majority of the people who are polled) is on their way out. (Four years is a long time...;).)
And the "new voting public" is on our (their) way in.

The "powers that be" were blinded by their (illusion of) "power" and forgot to account for the variables.
Variables are more powerful than imagined (by the uneducated, ignorant "elite").

I have no clue what will happen if Ron Paul isn't nominated.

That's what I can't imagine.

Can you?

Paul4Prez
11-15-2007, 11:42 PM
That said, if Ron Paul did run 3rd party, there's a high probability that he would poll highly enough to get a podium at the debates.

The threshold for including candidates in the debates has been set at 15% since 1996. OpenDebates.org has been trying to lower that to 5%, but unsuccessfully so far.

Paul4Prez
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM

We need to keep the momentum going. We can't just promote a big fundraising day 4 weeks from now. Keep handing out slim jims, keep telling people about Ron Paul, and keep donating.

The more people who learn about Ron Paul between now and Dec 16th, the more impressed they will be when they hear the news about the $10,000,000.

terlinguatx
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM

TruckinMike
11-20-2007, 10:26 AM
We only have a month and a half to create 4x as much name recognition. I have no clue how that will happen.

EASY ---- everyone get out from behind your desk and post 10-20 Ron Paul signs. Believe me... we as an organization have not even come close to this goal... no matter how many sign waving fests that we have. If they are not nailed up to a pole --- or if you don't stand on the corner 24/7 then you are not being very efficient with your signs.

PERMANENT signs must be posted! EVERYWHERE.

We are having a SiGN bomb through the Thanksgiving Holidays. If 50% of the meetup members posted 10 permanent signs that would give us 250,000 signs -posted for all the holiday traffic to see.

Coroplast signs are the answer to the name recognition problem.

http://www.thesignbomb.com/#the_sign_bomb
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2196/1987257279_996a51768d_o.jpg

TruckinMike

Primbs
11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Great music.

hopeforamerica
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Good perspective, just keep it up people, we're doing so much already. Don't stop believing!

Oh great, now I have a Journey song stuck in my head :p

terlinguatx
11-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Beerhall Agitator
01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
All of us online political junkies don't understand the mainstream American's mindset. Very few pay attention to the election until days before their primary, and most don't even pay attention until days before the general election in November. We still have an awareness issue to battle and the campaign needs to stop being ridiculously tight-fisted with it's cash and go on an all out spending blitz through supertuesday, on towards the Texas primary. We can win this, and even if Paul does decide to go independent in April, raising awareness NOW will help immensely with that, and spending the money now will lead to a TWOFOLD increase in donations down the road once new supporters/apathetic citizens are turned on to his platform.