PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers Guild claims NATO activists "disappeared" without warrant or charges

sailingaway
05-18-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/lawyers-guild-claims-nato-activists-disappeared-without-warrant-or-charges

Anti Federalist
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Unpersons.

And if the cops decided to throw a terrorism charge at them, they might never have found them.

"We've called police officials at every level trying to find out where they were being held. We were denied any information at all about any people being arrested, let alone a raid happening last night. So essentially these people were disappeared for more than 12 hours until we could finally locate them," said NLG spokesman Kris Hermes.

They were found at the CPD Organized Crime Division police station lock up at 3340 W. Fillmore St. on the West Side.

Lawyers from The NLG were allowed to meet with nine individuals and reported that they were in low spirits, confused about why they were arrested and shackled at both their hands and feet at the meeting. No charges have been filed against them almost 24 hours after their arrest and an Illinois States Attorney at the station refused to meet with the NLG lawyers.

evilfunnystuff
05-19-2012, 09:02 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ROXsvzDppg4/Tz_W-O_8StI/AAAAAAAAAoU/BXbT9M3OwyU/s1600/OfficialSources.jpg

Seraphim
05-19-2012, 09:23 AM
NATO is the most powerful airforce in the world without ANYONE who can truly challenge it.

American technology with Canadian fighters = destruction to all who face it. Our Canadian fighter pilots are the best in the world.

NATO is essential to globalist powers. Challenge it through legal decree and you will be erased. Challenge it with might and you will be systematically picked apart by the war machine.

That being said; when it comes to these types of powers...the pen is most definately mightier than the sword.

Demigod
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM
NATO is the most powerful airforce in the world without ANYONE who can truly challenge it.

American technology with Canadian fighters = destruction to all who face it. Our Canadian fighter pilots are the best in the world.

NATO is essential to globalist powers. Challenge it through legal decree and you will be erased. Challenge it with might and you will be systematically picked apart by the war machine.

That being said; when it comes to these types of powers...the pen is most definately mightier than the sword.

NATO is a paper tiger.Except for USA,Canada,UK,France and Denmark ( I don't know why but they always send troops ) everyone else just looks for ways how not to help.

Danke
05-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Our Canadian fighter pilots are the best in the world.

LOL

Seraphim
05-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Hellllloooo MCFLY....

Yeah...there's NO military power there at all....There's no G8 influence at all... :rolleyes:

A lot of these airstrike missions in the Middle East as NATO operations.

NATO is THE air supremacy force on this planet. One could make a case for HAARP....ohh looky...controlled by the same forces!! lol....

NATO is a paper tiger.Except for USA,Canada,UK,France and Denmark ( I don't know why but they always send troops ) everyone else just looks for ways how not to help.

Anti Federalist
05-19-2012, 12:04 PM
“Billy club to the fucking skull.”

Saturday, May 19th, 2012

http://www.theagitator.com/2012/05/19/billy-club-to-the-fucking-skull/

Here’s a bit more on that CPD raid mentioned in the link roundup below.

Three out-of-state men arrested in a Bridgeport apartment raid days before the NATO summit were charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism, providing material support for terrorism and possession of an explosive or incendiary device, their attorney and police said early Saturday.

The arrests were the result of a month-long investigation into a group suspected of making Molotov cocktails — crude bombs usually created by filling glass bottles with gasoline, according to law enforcement sources and police records obtained by the Tribune.

But the National Lawyers Guild, which is representing the men, said they were simply NATO protesters who had beer-making equipment when the apartment they were staying at was raided overnight Wednesday.

The men also were in a car that was stopped by police a week ago, leading to a YouTube video of the stop that has prompted protesters to complain Chicago Police were harassing the occupants, said Sarah Gelsomino, a lawyer with the guild.

She called the charges “an attempt to continue this intimidation campaign on activists. Charging these people who are here to peacefully protest against NATO for terrorism, when in reality the police have been terrorizing activists in Chicago, is absolutely outrageous.”

I’ve posted the video below. From the audio, it appears that police pulled the car over for turning around in a “private driveway.” The cops then proceed to tease, harass, and threaten the occupants of the car. At one point, one cop asks a fellow officer if the law permits him to lock up one of the occupants for wearing a bandanna in public. The headline quote is from a cop the video, who is waxing nostalgic for the 1968 DNC riots. You’ll also hear the line, “OK, now we’ll beat your white ass,” which is how one of the cops responded to an accusation of racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudIyxxAboA&feature=player_embedded

Back in 2009, Chicago PD sent a bunch of cops to Pittsburgh to help out with security at the G20 summit. While they’re, the got themselves a souvenir by arresting a kid, charging him with BS crimes, then forcing him to pose with them for a trophy photo.

But I still think my favorite story from recent political protests is this t-shirt, which was distributed by the Denver police union during the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

http://assets.theagitator.com/wp-content/uploads/200810011035-tm.jpg

libertygrl
05-19-2012, 12:12 PM
“Billy club to the fucking skull.”

Saturday, May 19th, 2012

http://www.theagitator.com/2012/05/19/billy-club-to-the-fucking-skull/

Here’s a bit more on that CPD raid mentioned in the link roundup below.

I’ve posted the video below. From the audio, it appears that police pulled the car over for turning around in a “private driveway.” The cops then proceed to tease, harass, and threaten the occupants of the car. At one point, one cop asks a fellow officer if the law permits him to lock up one of the occupants for wearing a bandanna in public. The headline quote is from a cop the video, who is waxing nostalgic for the 1968 DNC riots. You’ll also hear the line, “OK, now we’ll beat your white ass,” which is how one of the cops responded to an accusation of racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudIyxxAboA&feature=player_embedded

Back in 2009, Chicago PD sent a bunch of cops to Pittsburgh to help out with security at the G20 summit. While they’re, the got themselves a souvenir by arresting a kid, charging him with BS crimes, then forcing him to pose with them for a trophy photo.

But I still think my favorite story from recent political protests is this t-shirt, which was distributed by the Denver police union during the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

http://assets.theagitator.com/wp-content/uploads/200810011035-tm.jpg

OMG! I really shouldn't be surprised by this but it's still shocking! I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they train these guys.
What kind of garbage are they feeding their minds??? Looks like they are adapting the Club Gitmo mentality. :eek:

phill4paul
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Three out-of-state men arrested in a Bridgeport apartment raid days before the NATO summit were charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism, providing material support for terrorism and possession of an explosive or incendiary device, their attorney and police said early Saturday.

The arrests were the result of a month-long investigation into a group suspected of making Molotov cocktails — crude bombs usually created by filling glass bottles with gasoline, according to law enforcement sources and police records obtained by the Tribune.

But the National Lawyers Guild, which is representing the men, said they were simply NATO protesters who had beer-making equipment when the apartment they were staying at was raided overnight Wednesday.

That is how it is done.

Exiled_LFOD
05-19-2012, 12:54 PM
OMG! I really shouldn't be surprised by this but it's still shocking!

2007.. uh... no... you should not be surprised at all.....

pcosmar
05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Looks like they are adapting the Club Gitmo mentality. :eek:

adapting?
They welcome it. They have been bitching about the rules, breaking the rules, expanding the rules or ignoring the rules for over 40 years that I am directly aware of.

They aren't adapting.. They are off their leash.

LimitedGovernment
05-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Just more evidence that power often sticks together to trample on the powerless.