PDA

View Full Version : Hidden in Plain View: FDA Murders 100,000 a Year

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Hidden in Plain View: FDA Murders 100,000 a Year

FDA-APPROVED DRUGS KILL A MILLION AMERICANS PER DECADE!
THE FDA IS A ROGUE CRIMINAL AGENCY

Jon Rappoport
Infowars.com
May 18, 2012

The day of the Smoking Gun has arrived.

The discovery of a page, on the FDA’s own website, proves the FDA is fully aware that:

the drugs it certifies as safe have been killing Americans, at the rate of 100,000 per year.

The FDA website page is currently available under the heading, “Why Learn About Adverse Drug Reactions,” and it can be Googled. (Click here to go directly to the FDA page.)

The implications of this Smoking Gun are hard to grasp in any rational way.

The FDA takes no blame, no responsibility for its actions, and yet it admits the death statistics are accurate.

As an investigative reporter, I have been tracking and writing about pharmaceutically-caused deaths for 10 years. I have, on numerous occasions, cited Dr. Barbara Starfield’s report in the July 26th, 2000, Journal of the American Medical Association, in which she presents the figure of 106,000 deaths per year, in America, as a result of these drugs. I have claimed that the federal government and, in particular, the FDA, are aware of these numbers.

And now the page on the FDA’s own website confirms the death toll. Yet, nowhere do we see the FDA taking one shred of responsibility for this ongoing holocaust.

Holocaust? Add up the figures. Medical drugs cause 100,000 deaths in America every year: that means a million Americans are killed every decade.

Understand this very clearly. No medical drug in America can be released for public use until and unless the FDA states it is safe. The FDA is the agency responsible for every such decision on every drug. The buck stops there.

Yes, the FDA has a “special relationship” with the pharmaceutical industry. Yes, the FDA utilizes doctors on their drug-approval panels that have ties to the pharmaceutical industry. But, in the end, it is the FDA official seal that opens the gate and permits a drug to be prescribed by doctors and sold in the US.

In all my research on this medical-drug holocaust, I have never found a case in which any FDA employee was censured, fired, or criminally prosecuted for the killing effects of these drugs.

That is a track record Organized Crime would be proud of, and the comparison is not frivolous.

On this FDA website page that has just come to light, the FDA also readily admits that deaths from medical drugs are the fourth leading cause of death in America, ahead of pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, accidents, and automobile fatalities.

The FDA website page also states there are 2 million serious adverse reactions (ADRs) from the ingestion of medical drugs, annually, in the US. When the FDA says “serious,” they aren’t talking about headaches or slight dizziness or temporary nausea. “Serious” means stroke, heart attack, neurological damage; destruction of that magnitude. Therefore, per decade, that adds up to 20 million ADRs. 20 million.

Examining these figures for death and debilitation, can you find any comparable crime in the American landscape? And yet the major media have been silent. This is the kind of story that could make Watergate look like a Sunday-school picnic. If a paper like the New York Times let loose their hounds in a relentless exploration of the horror, I can assure you that, in time, doctors and medical bureaucrats and even drug-company employees would come out of the woodwork with confessions, and the resultant explosions and outcries would shake the medical/pharmaceutical foundations of America and the planet.

But these major media outlets are an intrinsic part of the Matrix that protects and sustains the crimes and the criminals. It isn’t just drug-advertising profits that keep the leading newspapers and television networks silent. It’s collusion to protect “a revered institution”—the medical system.

Also at stake is Obamacare. The connection is vivid and unmistakable. If the new national health insurance plan goes into effect, millions more Americans, previously uninsured, will be drawn into the system and subjected to the very drugs are killing and maiming people at such a horrific rate.

Where has the US Department of Justice been all these years? Is there any way, under the sun, that a million deaths per decade can be excused? Is there any way the FDA and the drug companies can float safely in the upper atmosphere of privilege, while the concept of justice has any meaning? Where are criminal prosecutions?

The revelations of ongoing knowledge to be found at the FDA website page stagger the mind. Here is yet another implication: what about all the studies on drugs that are published in prestigious medical journals, month after month? These studies unequivocally claim the drugs are safe. What level of fraud must exist for such peer-reviewed studies to attain the false status of medical fact?

Perhaps this quote from Marcia Angell, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, will clarify that aspect of the scandal:

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.”

(Marcia Angell, MD, The New York Review of Books, January 15, 2009)

Be forewarned. If this story of FDA-caused deaths finally, now, breaks through into the public consciousness in a major way, the official team for the defense will try to obfuscate the naked facts:

“A low-level FDA employee mistakenly posted those numbers, which are false.” “People die because the drugs are incorrectly combined, because patients don’t follow prescribing instructions, because sometimes doctors prescribe a drug for off-label uses, but the drugs themselves are safe.” “The FDA has a remarkable track record of safety.” And so forth and so on. None of these defenses are dealing with the truth head-on. They are all attempts to deflect and escape accountability.

Meanwhile, the FDA pursues an agenda of attacking nutritional supplements, and the latest federal regulations classify these supplements as “potentially dangerous”—despite the fact that supplements have a record of safety that is astonishing.

It is time for these murderous government crimes to end. It is time for all responsible parties to be brought to justice, to real justice. It is time for the public to realize that 100,000 people dying every year in the US, because they take medical drugs, is the equivalent of 33 airliner crashes into the Twin Towers, every year, year after year.

But in this case, it is only necessary for Department of Justice officials to climb into cars and drive down the road to the headquarters of the FDA and start making arrests, on a charge of negligent homicide. At minimum.

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/hidden-in-plain-view-fda-murders-10000-a-year/

Zippyjuan
05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
The "medical holocost" is not because drugs got aproved by the FDA but that people were abusing them. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"- same is true on the prescription drug deaths. Most are killing themselves.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/17/local/la-me-drugs-epidemic-20110918

Propelled by an increase in prescription narcotic overdoses, drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in the United States, a Times analysis of government data has found.

Drugs exceeded motor vehicle accidents as a cause of death in 2009, killing at least 37,485 people nationwide, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

While most major causes of preventable death are declining, drugs are an exception. The death toll has doubled in the last decade, now claiming a life every 14 minutes. By contrast, traffic accidents have been dropping for decades because of huge investments in auto safety.

Public health experts have used the comparison to draw attention to the nation's growing prescription drug problem, which they characterize as an epidemic. This is the first time that drugs have accounted for more fatalities than traffic accidents since the government started tracking drug-induced deaths in 1979.

Fueling the surge in deaths are prescription pain and anxiety drugs that are potent, highly addictive and especially dangerous when combined with one another or with other drugs or alcohol. Among the most commonly abused are OxyContin, Vicodin, Xanax and Soma. One relative newcomer to the scene is Fentanyl, a painkiller that comes in the form of patches and lollipops and is 100 times more powerful than morphine.

Such drugs now cause more deaths than heroin and cocaine combined.

"The problem is right here under our noses in our medicine cabinets," said Laz Salinas, a sheriff's commander in Santa Barbara, which has seen a dramatic rise in prescription drug deaths in recent years.

Overdose victims range in age and circumstance from teenagers who pop pills to get a heroin-like high to middle-aged working men and women who take medications prescribed for strained backs and bum knees and become addicted.

A review of hundreds of autopsy reports in Southern California reveals one tragic demise after another: A 19-year-old Army recruit, who had just passed his military physical, took a handful of Xanax and painkillers while partying with friends. A groom, anxious over his upcoming wedding, overdosed on a cocktail of prescription drugs. A teenage honors student overdosed on painkillers her father left in his medicine cabinet from a surgery years earlier. A toddler was orphaned after both parents overdosed on prescription drugs months apart. A grandmother suffering from chronic back pain apparently forgot she'd already taken her daily regimen of pills and ended up double dosing.

Many died after failed attempts at rehab — or after using one too many times while contemplating quitting. That's apparently what happened to a San Diego woman found dead with a Fentanyl patch on her body, one of five she'd applied in the 24 hours before her death. Next to her on the couch was a notebook with information about rehab.

jmdrake
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
The "medical holocost" is not because drugs got aproved by the FDA but that people were abusing them. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"- same is true on the prescription drug deaths. Most are killing themselves.

And how many overdoses are there from marijuana per year? (Rhetorical question)

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM

You Zippy, or anyone else for that matter, are going to fail hard when it comes to trying to prove that the FDA hasn't had knowledge that these drugs kill people and that they are meant to kill people. Not only that, the side effects are INTENDED, not accidental. I welcome you to try though. The sooner everyone wakes up to the fact that all of this stuff (not just prescription drugs) is being done ON PURPOSE and is planned and orchestrated by the elite, the sooner we can fix the mess we are in. When you add everything together, you are simply denying reality if you say it isn't intentional.

Acala
05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't think even infowars can overstate how really horrible the FDA is.

jmdrake
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
You Zippy, or anyone else for that matter, are going to fail hard when it comes to trying to prove that the FDA hasn't had knowledge that these drugs kill people and that they are meant to kill people. Not only that, the side effects are INTENDED, not accidental. I welcome you to try though. The sooner everyone wakes up to the fact that all of this stuff (not just prescription drugs) is being done ON PURPOSE and is planned and orchestrated by the elite, the sooner we can fix the mess we are in. When you add everything together, you are simply denying reality if you say it isn't intentional.

I'm sure Bayer didn't intentionally sell HIV tainted medicine to hemophiliacs. I mean they knew it might have HIV, but they weren't sure so it's all good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-555154.html

And Vioxx killed people when used as directed because they were abusing it by using it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34334436/ns/health-health_care/t/fda-yet-improve-safety-after-vioxx-scandal/

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 05:18 PM

Hey we agree on something :)

mport1
05-18-2012, 09:15 PM

I don't believe any of that. But the FDA is a killer and should be abolished tomorrow. The market needs to regulate drugs (and everything else).

Muwahid
05-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Besides overdose and abuse there's a plethora of other reasons why people would die from drugs, just think how many people don't read the labels, or people who take prescription drugs that are intended for other people, people that mix one drug with another and so on. To say the FDA murders people is hyperbole. Nevertheless it's an established fact the FDA like all other arms of the federal government are in bed with mega corporations who use all their lobbying power to push unsafe products onto American shelves, that's the reality and it's bad enough without the added dramatization of an elaborate plan by the "elite" to depopulate the earth.

Kluge
05-18-2012, 09:30 PM

No doubt about that. I had to "work" with them several times, and they are the biggest idiots and authoritarians who don't understand shit about science or manufacturing.

THEY are a HUGE reason that medical costs are very high.

DerailingDaTrain
05-18-2012, 09:45 PM
My brother was addicted to opiates for a long time (still is) and he used to buy those patches and stick 2-3 on at a time and then when he was done with them he would cut them open and smoke the left over gel.

Disclaimer: Do not judge me because of my brother's actions. Please

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
My brother was addicted to opiates for a long time (still is) and he used to buy those patches and stick 2-3 on at a time and then when he was done with them he would cut them open and smoke the left over gel.

That's fucking crazy.

Kylie
05-18-2012, 10:10 PM

Everyone has their vices. Some are more strange than others. And as long as their vices don't mess with my right to be happy, then they can choose to do it if they please.

I can tell them I think what they're doing is wrong, or going to hurt them, or whatever, but I can't use the government to make them stop, or them to make me stop.

PierzStyx
05-18-2012, 10:14 PM
And how many overdoses are there from marijuana per year? (Rhetorical question)

Yeah yeah, still I'll offer an answer. The answer is that it is almost impossible to answer. Many people who die from drug overdose/alcohol poisoning have THC in their system, regularly. While it is not often THE cause of death, it doesn't help you be able to avoid it either. You get high and decide drinking three bottle of Jack sounds like fun, pass out, and choke on your own vomit. Did pot kill you? No, alcohol did more directly. Did pot help lead to it by dumbing your cognitive thinking? Sure.

I suppose a point should be paid though that judging the worth of a drug against the amount of people who OD on it is worthless. There are always people who will do something to excess and harm or kill themselves with it. People OD on Tylenol for Pete's sake. The worth of a drug should be decided on its benefits because stupid people will do stupid things, even with beneficial things. This applies to the use of pot as it does everything else. And that is why I think the "gateway drug" argument is bogus. Just my two cents.

KCIndy
05-18-2012, 11:21 PM
/Begin Rant:

Piss on the FDA, and for that matter, a big ol' double piss on anyone telling me what drugs to take or NOT to take. :(

Anyone remember a drug called phenylpropanolamine? It was the major ingredient in Contact brand cold medicine about twelve or thirteen years ago. I know, because I used to take it - lots of it - because I have allergies. And the stuff worked. It worked, by God, and I could actually enjoy the sensation of breathing.

Then, in 2000, the FDA ran a study. Turns out that taking phenylpropanolamine (PPA for short) caused some people to have a higher risk of a stroke. It wasn't a high number; it was something like one percent or less.

Here's the rub: After the study, the FDA knew that PPA would kill people. This was a confirmed fact. It wouldn't kill a lot of people, but it was guaranteed to kill a very small percentage of those who took it.

So the FDA did us the "favor" of removing this "dangerous" product. Here's an excerpt from the FDA Advisory on phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride: "Although this risk of hemorrhagic stroke is very low, FDA has significant concerns because of the seriousness of a stroke and the inability to predict who is at risk. FDA does not consider the conditions for which phenylpropanolamine is used (over-the-counter or by prescription) as justifying the risk of this serious event."

Gee, thanks for nothing, ya stupid bastards. :mad::mad::mad: Now I can't get the best stuff ever invented for clearing out my sinuses! Damn and double damn!

So.... first and foremost, I would love to see the FDA eliminated as a government agency. But beyond that, I'm not going to go into hysterics because the FDA knows particular drugs are going to kill some people. Any drug is dangerous. So what? I'll take my chances, thanks. I don't need anyone or anything to be second guessing what drugs I take.

Gaaah! :mad: Taking phenylpropanolamine never gave me a stroke, but thinking about this stuff will, if I'm not careful. :mad:

whew.

Okay, /endrant

ExPatPaki
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Many people who die from drug overdose/alcohol poisoning have THC in their system, regularly.

This is more than likely true, and I'm sure they have other drugs like cocaine and meth in their system as well. I wonder if you could technically overdose if you took a lot of THC pills.

MelissaWV
05-19-2012, 10:35 AM
KCIndy made my point for me.

To complain that the FDA "allowed" these drugs out there, knowing they would kill some people, is to request that an agency force the removal of drugs that might kill people (or cause serious side effects) directly from the market. It is also crying out for drugs to have to go through such ridiculous long-term testing as we currently see, with years and years going by and promising treatments being withheld because of a death or two during clinical trials. You see this most with medications associated with terminal diseases, or drugs for the elderly, because a good portion of those involved in the trials are going to die anyhow. Unless you can totally RULE OUT that your drug caused the death, you're going to have to include it as being possibly related.

donnay
05-19-2012, 11:13 AM

The FDA are the enforcers for Big Pharma. They know full good and well that many of these drugs are bad and have not been tested thoroughly--Many of the studies are done by Big Pharma and extremely bias.

I wouldn't trust the FDA as far as I could throw them!

Carson
05-19-2012, 11:15 AM
They also save a few.

You make your decision and take your chances...still...mostly...

NewRightLibertarian
05-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah yeah, still I'll offer an answer. The answer is that it is almost impossible to answer. Many people who die from drug overdose/alcohol poisoning have THC in their system, regularly. While it is not often THE cause of death, it doesn't help you be able to avoid it either. You get high and decide drinking three bottle of Jack sounds like fun, pass out, and choke on your own vomit. Did pot kill you? No, alcohol did more directly. Did pot help lead to it by dumbing your cognitive thinking? Sure

This is ridiculous. Reefer has been shown to help get people off the booze

donnay
05-19-2012, 11:41 AM
They also save a few.

You make your decision and take your chances...still...mostly...

The government should be out of all of this. It would be great if we really had a free market--but we don't. Because Government and it's crony monopolies are making a bundle off the backs of good people. This is just another form of control. Big Pharma wants a majority of the population beholden to them. Look at the stats on diabetics for example.

John F Kennedy III
05-19-2012, 01:37 PM
This is ridiculous. Reefer has been shown to help get people off the booze

Willie Nelson is a classic example.

John F Kennedy III
05-19-2012, 01:40 PM
It is flat out impossible to overdose on marijuana by smoking it. I've heard it said your lungs would collapse first. And I know for sure you'd fall asleep first.

Zippyjuan
05-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I supppose we could allow drug companies to not have to test and produce whatever they want to. That would make the entire population the guinea pigs. Would deaths or bad side effects be reduced this way? I think we need some sort of balance.

It is facinating that the article is complaining that people are dying from drugs while getting rid of the FDA and any testing would mean MORE drugs killing people.

DerailingDaTrain
05-19-2012, 04:13 PM
That's fucking crazy.

Yeah, I've got plenty more crazy stories where that came from. At this point he's pretty much a functioning addict. I wish I could say highly functioning but that would be a lie.

MelissaWV
05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I supppose we could allow drug companies to not have to test and produce whatever they want to. That would make the entire population the guinea pigs. Would deaths or bad side effects be reduced this way? I think we need some sort of balance.

It is facinating that the article is complaining that people are dying from drugs while getting rid of the FDA and any testing would mean MORE drugs killing people.

I know many people who would rather be guinea pigs than not be able to try out a new drug that shows immense promise. Unfortunately, you have to progress to the point of being allowed to try your drugs on humans. During that long waiting period, people die of the disease who might otherwise have helped demonstrate the potency of a new treatment.

As I said, part of the problem now is that if you are testing an Alzheimer's drug on a bunch of very elderly people, and five of them drop dead during the clinical trial, you must show that the drug did not cause it. Proving a negative is notoriously tricky. Many times, "death" is listed as a possible side effect for things that are highly unlikely to kill you, yet the theorized cause of death is not listed. It's entirely counterintuitive, and it makes a drug seem far scarier than it is.

Liberty74
05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
After ready these posts it reminds me of a story I read a few years ago...

U.K. has about 50,000 people in need of back surgery. Do you think these people get the needed surgery? Of course they don't because the U.K. cannot afford it, hence people get denied treatment in socialist universal healthcare utopia. Their government health department instead will give these people a certain pain medication for the rest of their lives. Here is the kicker - this same health department estimates that 3000 of those 50,000 will die from an overdose due to an addiction that will develop.

My question is - Who is at fault?

John F Kennedy III
05-19-2012, 06:39 PM
After ready these posts it reminds me of a story I read a few years ago...

U.K. has about 50,000 people in need of back surgery. Do you think these people get the needed surgery? Of course they don't because the U.K. cannot afford it, hence people get denied treatment in socialist universal healthcare utopia. Their government health department instead will give these people a certain pain medication for the rest of their lives. Here is the kicker - this same health department estimates that 3000 of those 50,000 will die from an overdose due to an addiction that will develop.

My question is - Who is at fault?

The people for allowing it to happen.

Working Poor
05-19-2012, 07:11 PM
here is a link and a quote to the FDA's own web site that mentions this (emphasis mine )
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/DevelopmentResources/DrugInteractionsLabeling/ucm114848.htm

Why Learn about Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)?
Institute of Medicine, National Academy Press, 2000
Lazarou J et al. JAMA 1998;279(15):1200–1205
Gurwitz JH et al. Am J Med 2000;109(2):87–94

Over 2 MILLION serious ADRs yearly

100,000 DEATHS yearly

ADRs 4th leading cause of death ahead of pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, accidents and automobile deaths

Ambulatory patients ADR rate—unknown

Nursing home patients ADR rate— 350,000 yearly