PDA

View Full Version : Houston CPS force 4-year-old to take overprescribed psychotropic drugs

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Houston CPS force 4-year-old to take overprescribed psychotropic drugs

Texas is one of 5 states where children in foster care are often targeted by psychotropic drugs.

Randy Wallace
My Fox
May 18, 2012

HOUSTON (FOX 26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXt9c8s4o50&feature=player_embedded

Here's 4-year-old Rachel Harrison before Child Protective Services took her away from her parents.

Once CPS takes over, you can see the drastic changes for yourself.

"And as a parent it's very hard to deal with because your baby's in trouble and you can't do anything to help," said Rachel's mother Christina Harrison.

Watch as the bubbly little girl starts looking more like some neglected waif while under CPS's care.

"She was never abused or neglected in any way except by CPS," said Debbie Flores, Rachel's grandmother.

In numerous court hearings CPS caseworkers would admit they had no reason to think Rachel's parents ever neglected or abused her.

The only reason CPS took custody was the young parent's recreational drug use.

Something they admitted to and lived to regret.

But ironically Rachel would be the one hooked on drugs while under CPS's watch including Risperdal, a drug used to treat Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar disorder and according to the FDA, should not be given to a child under 10.

"3-years-old, given psychotropic drugs, there's no reason for it none at all," said David Harrison, Rachel's father.

It was 2007 when CPS first entered the family's life.

The state agency took Rachel into protective custody soon after her birth because her mom tested positive for marijuana.

This 2007 home video shows a horrific case of diaper rash Rachel had while in foster care. The baby's awful condition is pointed out to 2 CPS caseworkers but neither decides to seek immediate medical attention.

Even after a judge ordered the foster mom to get Rachel to a doctor A.S.A.P., CPS failed to make sure that happened. Later CPS admitted to making big mistakes.
Fast forward to July 2010.

"I went to the hospital to get my appendix out and tested positive for cocaine," Rachel's mother said.

That was enough for CPS to take Rachel again and spend over a year trying to terminate David and Christina's parental rights.

CPS wouldn't allow the family to see Rachel for two months. What they say they saw was a drooling, lethargic emaciated looking little girl who wanted to play a very strange game.

"She was also writing prescriptions, Rachel which is not normal," her mother said. "They might play doctor but she was writing prescriptions on paper, here take your medicine."

The family spent months asking CPS if Rachel was on drugs.

"We kept asking but they kept denying," Christina Harrison said.

"You could just tell there was a physical change between when she was with us and the time they had her at that point." David Harrison said.

CPS's own policy dictates parents must be told within 24 hours about their child needing or receiving medical treatment.

But these parents didn't know for 6 months until it finally came out in a court hearing.

"You're completely powerless," Rachel's mother said.

You're powerless against these people, they hold all the cards and do whatever they want," said Rachel's father.

After the judge started questioning CPS about the little girl's declining condition, CPS gave up trying to terminate the couple's parental right's and gave them their daughter back.

According to court testimony Dr. Owen Osagie is the psychiatrist who prescribed psychotropic drugs to a then 3-year-old.

"He testified he had seen Rachel for approximately 15 minutes," Flores said.

According to the Texas Medical Board, Dr. Osagie prescribed Clonidine to Rachel in excess of the dosing guidelines, while simultaneously increasing her dose of Risperdal, then failed to properly monitor the little girl.

"There's paperwork saying she was screaming for mommy and daddy," Rachel's mother said.

"And the easiest way to handle her acting up was to medicate her," said Rachel's father.

Osagie ignored our attempts to contact him for a response.

According to an agreed order with the medical board Osagie must complete at least 24 hours of continuing medical education and pay a 5 thousand dollar administrative fee.

"I know a lot of other families and a lot of other parents who are going through the same thing," said Rachel's grandmother.

Late last year the United States Government Accountability Office reported these disturbing findings:

"Texas is one of 5 states where children in foster care were prescribed psychotropic drugs 2.7 to 4.5 times more often than children who were not in foster care, with children in Texas foster care being the most likely to receive psychotropic drugs."

CPS wouldn't discuss the Rachael Harrison case with us. According to the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, Dr. Osagie has treated 755 children in CPS foster care and continues to do so.

article here:
http://www.infowars.com/houston-cps-force-3-year-old-to-take-overprescribed-psychotropic-drugs/

originally here:
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18443628/3-year-old-in-cps-care-overprescribed-psychotropic-drugs#.T7SOyPEtUVk.blogger

LibertyEagle
05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
This is like a year old.

Pericles
05-18-2012, 12:49 PM
This is like a year old.

It really didn't happen until posted at RPF.

moostraks
05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
This is like a year old.

Does that make it irrelevant? It is still going on in different agencies across the country....

So only 5 states? I know that Ohio AND Alabama drug them. The CPS is thick as theives with the mental health industry...

donnay
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
This is like a year old.

I believe the case is being brought up as an example. It is a travesty what is done to children by the Child Kidnapping Services (AKA: CPS).

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
This is like a year old.

What's your point?

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
I believe the case is being brought up as an example. It is a travesty what is done to children by the Child Kidnapping Services (AKA: CPS).

Like I said in another post: CPS is nothing but a child kidnapping ring. They can make hundreds of thousands of dollars per child. Of course they also drug them to death if they end up in foster homes instead of sold. And the ones that don't die end up so screwed up mentally that they will never be able to live a normal life.

DerailingDaTrain
05-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Am I mistaken or does that say that her mom tested positive for marijuana and cocaine?

impaleddead
05-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Am I mistaken or does that say that her mom tested positive for marijuana and cocaine?

You think everyone whos ever done drugs should have their kids taken by the state? LOL. You know how many parents would test positive? tens of millions.

tttppp
05-19-2012, 12:15 AM
This is a classic example of some of the things drugs do to you. Sedation, drooling, weight loss or weight gain, are all very common among patients of anti-psychotics. If people knew the real reason behind the weight gain or loss, they really wouldn't want to be on them.

kcchiefs6465
05-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Risperdal is what, exactly? Please spare me the molecular structure, though I would love to see it. (Point being: What is defined as a drug?) Risperdal (not literally, for those feeling in a debunking mood) = Seroquel = Paxil = Ritalin = Adderol = control. I would sooner use a Canadian hemp rope to hang from, than submit my children to this nonsense. Forgive my harsh language as I have a family member caught in aforementioned bullshit. She can hardly tie her f'ing shoes. Risperdal, is in fact, a culprit.

moostraks
05-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Like I said in another post: CPS is nothing but a child kidnapping ring. They can make hundreds of thousands of dollars per child. Of course they also drug them to death if they end up in foster homes instead of sold. And the ones that don't die end up so screwed up mentally that they will never be able to live a normal life.

Eldest child played the game to extort things from us. It started with me not letting her date an 18 year old when she was 12. They brought her into the fold and bought her and when they wouldn't give her anymore she turned on them. They turned her into a materialistic monster (trust me she was absolutely no angel but she learned the ropes of unbridled materialism at CPS) who realized she had leverage using the state. She has been out of the home for a year and a half of peace and quiet (until she calls and tries to engage us in her current drama with others). Anyone who has lived with her have suffered as well. CPS wasn't interested in her so much as the other children who are nothing like the eldest. She was the ticket to a big pay day for them.

Some children like my eldest will figure the system out and exploit it. She never feared losing me because I had always been there for her and always would be (And who do you think she depends on when things go wrong now and she needs someone to help out???) To her it was just a game and she was going to come home when the ride was over. An honest assessment by the psych field would have ascertained this as every time she encountered issues with CPS she called me to complain and demand I intercede for her. Instead they wanted to say she was so severely abused she didn't want to come home. Uh yeah if that was the case then why did she want to call me??? THe only time she would not want to call is when I was not playing the "game" her way or she felt the things she wanted to achieve were threatened by her talking to me. Even those times the silence was short lived as she depended on me to try to manipulate me into making things right as she saw it. (I was screwed because if you don't cooperate with CPS they will take your children and this is part of the speech that they give you when they become involved with them. If you lose 1 child they can take all of your children on the basis that unfit for 1 means unfit for all depending on the area you live in....)

As soon as someone crossed her she was moved to a new home where the goodies (new clothes and material goodies) were lavished upon her. Each new foster home brought her a new wardrobe even though we provided things and she took what she had from the previous homes. It is insane. And then she could see her family on the weekends without having any responsibility or chores. Then every family value we had that she disagreed with (such as makeup or the church she attended) the state said we had no rights to argue over.

This is a classic example of some of the things drugs do to you. Sedation, drooling, weight loss or weight gain, are all very common among patients of anti-psychotics. If people knew the real reason behind the weight gain or loss, they really wouldn't want to be on them.

Once she figured out the drugs caused weight gain she absolutely refused to take them. We never told her this but she saw one of the pamphlets or overheard it somewhere. Funny thing the drugs they put her on never stopped the behavior that they felt they were targeting as you would have had to make her comatose at the end of the whole thing. Narcissistic sociopaths can not be cured with medications....

DerailingDaTrain
05-19-2012, 04:16 PM
You think everyone whos ever done drugs should have their kids taken by the state? LOL. You know how many parents would test positive? tens of millions.

LOL!>!>!>!?!?!?!

Is that what I said? No. You must have a problem with reading to think so. I asked if her mom had tested positive for marijuana and cocaine.The answer is yes. She tested positive for marijuana after giving birth and then for cocaine later.

At the very least the mother is irresponsible but DCS has proven to be even more irresponsible in this case. I say let the kid go back to the parents despite the cocaine use. Hopefully they get their kid back and turn out to be fine parents. I don't think that's what will happen.