PDA

View Full Version : RPT announces Ron Paul convention breakout session at Texas State GOP Convention

sailingaway
05-17-2012, 05:18 PM
http://austin.ynn.com/content/capital_tonight/capital_roundup/284810/rpt-announces-ron-paul-convention-breakout-session

Paulistinian
05-17-2012, 05:40 PM
--sorry posted in the wrong thread---

sailingaway
05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Here is more on it: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/05/ron-paul-to-headline-at-state.html

lynnf
05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
The Party announcement for it:

Congressman Ron Paul to Lead Breakout Session at the
2012 Texas GOP Convention in Fort Worth

The Republican Party of Texas is pleased to announce that we have confirmed Texas Congressman Ron Paul as one of our featured speakers at the 2012 Texas GOP Convention. Congressman Paul will be leading a breakout session for Convention attendees entitled "Uniting Republicans and Balancing the Federal Budget" on Thursday, June 7, 2012 at the Fort Worth Convention Center Arena.

Congressman Ron Paul served several terms in the U.S. House of Representatives representing the Texas 22nd Congressional District in the late 1970's and early 1980's. In 1997, Dr. Paul returned to Congress to represent the Texas 14th Congressional District and has served continuously in that seat until announcing his retirement at the end of the present term. He serves on the House Financial Services Committee and the Foreign Affairs Committee. On the Financial Services Committee, Rep. Paul serves as the chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. He continues to advocate a dramatic reduction in the size of the federal government and a return to constitutional principles.

Ron Paul is the author of several books, including The Revolution: A Manifesto, End the Fed, Liberty Defined, Challenge to Liberty; The Case for Gold; and A Republic, If You Can Keep It. Dr. Paul served as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960's before moving to Texas in 1968 to begin his medical practice in Brazoria County. He and his wife Carol reside in Lake Jackson and are the proud parents of five children and have eighteen grandchildren. In 2010, their son Rand Paul was elected as a U.S. Senator from Kentucky.

State Chairman Steve Munisteri stated, "I am very pleased that we have been able to confirm Congressman Paul's appearance at our State Convention. His breakout session will undoubtedly be one of the most highly attended special events during the three-day Convention and I know many of our delegates will be interested in hearing about his principled approach to shrinking the size of our federal government from such a major national figure in our Party. His breakout session will be open to all credentialed attendees in the main convention arena. Additionally, I'd like to thank RPT Chairman's Circle member Donald Huffines for his help in confirming Congressman Paul's appearance at the 2012 Texas GOP convention and the coordination of this event."

Breakout sessions are a new component to the agenda for the 2012 Texas GOP Convention and are available to all credentialed convention attendees. There will be two time slots on Thursday afternoon for breakout sessions containing multiple topics and speakers from which delegates may choose to participate. Congressman Paul's session will be one of several sessions occurring in the first time slot at 3:45pm on Thursday and will be held in the main arena to allow adequate seating for any who wish to attend.

The RPT will be making future announcements as to the topics and speakers for the other breakout sessions. Online registration for delegates and alternates is ongoing at the official convention website - convention.texasgop.org. Register today to attend!

Tyler_Durden
05-17-2012, 09:12 PM
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they use the breakout sessions to determine who the potential Paul delegates are:

"Breakout sessions are a new component to the agenda for the 2012 Texas GOP Convention and are available to all credentialed convention attendees. There will be two time slots on Thursday afternoon for breakout sessions containing multiple topics and speakers from which delegates may choose to participate. Congressman Paul's session will be one of several sessions occurring in the first time slot at 3:45pm on Thursday and will be held in the main arena to allow adequate seating for any who wish to attend."

GOP: "whoever attends the Paul speech is likely a Paul delegate or alternate. We can then spend Friday and Saturday alienating and isolating these individuals."

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Depends on how many of you there is. If there is such a crowd of you trying to get in, and you overwhelm the place, with most of you standing out, they will give up trying to count.

You also probably don't need to be a delegate to attend. It's not like a vote is being taken.

sailingaway
05-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Depends on how many of you there is. If there is such a crowd of you trying to get in, and you overwhelm the place, with most of you standing out, they will give it trying to count.

You also probably don't need to be a delegate to attend. It's not like a vote is being taken.

of course, them locking us in and taking the vote then would be a REALLY effective trick! :p

JK/SEA
05-17-2012, 09:29 PM
just wear a romney shirt.

truthspeaker
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVi8bJFIac8

THIS is how we bring Paleoconservatism back. Smart move by Dr. Paul. If Texas delegates remain as they have and continue to show professionalism, the Liberty Movement might just thrive yet. THIS is what we need to convince the Tea Party to stay on our side.

ctiger2
05-17-2012, 09:43 PM
just wear a romney shirt.

Do they make Romney shirts? Never seen one.

ATXRevolutionary
05-17-2012, 10:09 PM
I'll be there as an alternate. Can't wait! :)

truthspeaker
05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
:toady: Strategy time, delegates!

Now, what I write may be unpopular, but I strongly feel that we need to plan well for the convention. My post isn't about voting strategy. It is about behavior strategy. How do we get the GOP to sympathize with us. Paul's giving an olive branch here. Let's not screw this up.

"Uniting Republicans and Balancing the Federal Budget" is the name of the talk. Please re-read that first part: "Uniting Republicans".

We need to think of talking points, we need to stop the boos (we cannot claim to support free speech when we purposely try to silence by mob rule someone else's right to it. We may disagree, but we should not silence), and finally we need new chants.

Chanting "Ron Paul, Ron Paul" or "End the Fed" (which scares some people--sorry) does not positively contribute to the first part of his lecture. Therefore, to make Tea Partiers and GOP regular alike feel welcomed by the Liberty movement, we need to think of some new chants that feel inclusive. I recommend something with either the Constitution in it or about the Debt.

Any ideas? I strongly feel that we need to plan and get word out about this WAY before the convention.

sailingaway
05-17-2012, 11:21 PM
I think no chants. Ron Paul might be ok to greet him, but most at conventions don't chant. But I won't be there, so it is up to you Texans!!

But it is a ways off, isn't it?

kpitcher
05-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Do they make Romney shirts? Never seen one.
Sure they do
http://squaremile.shotdeadinthehead.com/images/designs/SM007.jpg

sailingaway
05-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Sure they do
http://squaremile.shotdeadinthehead.com/images/designs/SM007.jpg

Of course.

lynnf
05-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Depends on how many of you there is. If there is such a crowd of you trying to get in, and you overwhelm the place, with most of you standing out, they will give up trying to count.

from my post above:"are available to all credentialed convention attendees." I'm not sure if that includes guests or not but it certainly includes delegates and alternates.

LostNFoundNTx
05-18-2012, 06:38 AM
The credentials reports from around the state total ~11,800 delegates and alternates (mostly delegates b/c turnout was low with our weird schedule this year).

People like chants when they're agreeable, such as "Remove Obama" or something. It's something almost everyone there really wants, and even if it's started by Paul supporters they'll be happy to see the energy/excitement people have in helping them reach their ultimate goal for 2012.

TruckinMike
05-18-2012, 06:50 AM
I think no chants. Ron Paul might be ok to greet him, but most at conventions don't chant. But I won't be there, so it is up to you Texans!!

But it is a ways off, isn't it?Completely agree - the chanting even makes me cringe. Not to mention its another one of those harmful leftist "linking" traits. Its one of the many reasons why some conservatives think we are liberals - we sound like liberals.

nobody's_hero
05-18-2012, 06:57 AM
The credentials reports from around the state total ~11,800 delegates and alternates (mostly delegates b/c turnout was low with our weird schedule this year).

People like chants when they're agreeable, such as "Remove Obama" or something. It's something almost everyone there really wants, and even if it's started by Paul supporters they'll be happy to see the energy/excitement people have in helping them reach their ultimate goal for 2012.

I guess chanting "Li-ber-ty" is out of the question, then.

LostNFoundNTx
05-18-2012, 07:05 AM
I guess chanting "Li-ber-ty" is out of the question, then.

That depends on whether or not you actually want Liberty.

TruckinMike
05-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I guess chanting "Li-ber-ty" is out of the question, then.YES. Words don't mean crap to those bone -headed automatons.

edit:

Let me explain myself. Its about sales, not about us.

If you need more, continue reading --

Imagine being a door to door salesman that was selling a general purpose house hold cleaner. But this cleaner was no ordinary cleaner. Its non-toxic, actually it will make you live twenty years longer if you consume one teaspoon daily. Spray on a stain and the stain disappears. It works on any stain on any surface. Not only that but it disinfects as well, in fact ALL hospitals throughout the world are changing over to it because of its staphylococcal eradicating properties - It kills non-acting staphlococcus bacteria from 12 feet away. No contact required. (FYI- my wife is a nurse)

Ok, to boil this down --

When making your cold call door to door sales attempt try chanting this at the door:

Super cleaner super cleaner
Rah- Rah- Rah
kills the germs
cis boom bah
shake it up, shake it up
spray it on a spot
watch it disappear
'cause its hot hot hot

Continue with your sales pitch - how many doors were slammed in your face?

Hope y'all enjoyed that because I did. :D

drummergirl
05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they use the breakout sessions to determine who the potential Paul delegates are:

GOP: "whoever attends the Paul speech is likely a Paul delegate or alternate. We can then spend Friday and Saturday alienating and isolating these individuals."

I recommend turning your tinfoil hat inside out for this one. Think a little harder about what this means.

<hint> think Ron Paul wins Texas delegates

Hyperion
05-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Props to the Texas GOP for being inclusive to the Ron Paul movement.