PDA

View Full Version : Man Protests Restaurant's All-You-Can-Eat Policy

Kotin
05-17-2012, 01:54 PM
seriously????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czq_QIUQIRY

Anti Federalist
05-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Yarr, 'tis no man, 'tis an eatin machine.

http://wiw.org/~jess/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/captain.gif

Exiled_LFOD
05-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Is there some confusion as to what "All you can eat means"?

I thought all the minarchists around here believed fraud is important and force should be used against individuals who commit fraud even though no one has been injured or no property has been damaged?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Maybe it is fat guy empathy but I think the man has a point here. If it is advertised as "all you can eat" than they should live up to their end of the bargain. You run the risk of having a customer like this from time to time if you choose to operate in this manner.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Maybe it is fat guy empathy but I think the man has a point here. If it is advertised as "all you can eat" than they should live up to their end of the bargain. You run the risk of having a customer like this from time to time if you choose to operate in this manner.

And then what did you do Mrs. Simpson?

We went driving around all night, till 3 am, looking for an all you can eat fish restaurant.

And then?

We...we...we went fishing. (sobs)

Bro-Fist for fellow "fat guy empathy".

MelissaWV
05-20-2012, 01:55 PM
If you're going to have limitations, you should post them. What happens far more often than this scenario is people coming in two minutes before the restaurant closes, and wanting endless/all-you-can-eat choices. You know they will be there until incredibly late, and given that you have no idea how much food they will need, your staff and the ingredients and the appliances need to be at the ready.

Voluntary Man
05-20-2012, 05:34 PM
seriously????

although i don't think this guy is doing himself any favors, by pushing the envelope, that's his business. technically, he has a point. maybe, the restaurant should re-market itself as a "not quite all he can eat," and pay the man to use his image in their new marketing strategy.

NoOneButPaul
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
The guy has a running tab in the hundreds... they can cut him off whenever.

oyarde
05-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Dude does not pay his bill , uses the place like a grocery on a credit card he has no intention to pay / Weird , never heard of such a thing , but I gotta try that fish now , must be exquisite ;)

Kluge
05-20-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't know about anyone else here, but I'd be pretty fucking embarrassed if I went to an "all you can eat" place and was kicked out for taking it to an extreme.

TER
05-20-2012, 11:24 PM
http://vid2.anyclip.com/k3xPOuRguwMmWPWnA4l59GeQBY+XL+QBE2bxHVhAYgu8dVW+VP ntr-n2mTTkPIJwtoT8Zd0ybOlh98JN4u03JHOpSS2g45DLoaJc1MNU aLc=

keh10
05-20-2012, 11:36 PM
The guy seems like a dead beat to me. Did you notice his spiffy picket sign. He must have really put some effort into making that. If I was the owner of that restaurant, I would cut his ass off a long time ago. They have a legitimate claim to refuse him service until he pays off his tab.

specsaregood
05-20-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't know about anyone else here, but I'd be pretty fucking embarrassed if I went to an "all you can eat" place and was kicked out for taking it to an extreme.

I'd probably do a happy dance in the parking lot instead.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2012, 12:25 AM
The guy seems like a dead beat to me. Did you notice his spiffy picket sign. He must have really put some effort into making that. If I was the owner of that restaurant, I would cut his ass off a long time ago. They have a legitimate claim to refuse him service until he pays off his tab.

I'd probably do a happy dance in the parking lot instead.

Suddenly: Vomit.

LibertyEagle
05-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Well, they said it was all you can eat and apparently it wasn't. So, if they don't want to be guilty of false advertisement, they need to live up to it, or change the advertisement.

Aratus
05-21-2012, 01:15 AM
^this^

Kluge
05-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Suddenly: Vomit.

He has no shame. He'd probably be like my dog and slink around and try to eat it.

LibertyEagle
05-21-2012, 04:36 AM
^^^^ Gross.

:p

specsaregood
05-21-2012, 04:42 AM
He has no shame. He'd probably be like my dog and slink around and try to eat it.

Americans can be so wasteful.

Kluge
05-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Americans can be so wasteful.

I try not to be, which is why I have a compost pile and a vomit-eating dog.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
I try not to be, which is why I have a compost pile and a vomit-eating dog.

lulz

Petar
05-21-2012, 06:09 AM
I can picture this man fighting in George Washington's army.

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 06:16 AM
seriously????

"All you can eat... as long as you are 349 lbs. or less!"

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Well, they said it was all you can eat and apparently it wasn't. So, if they don't want to be guilty of false advertisement, they need to live up to it, or change the advertisement.

This is true, but it's also true that they had the right to refuse him service until he paid off his tab. If you want to be able to claim the restaurant is advertising falsely, you need to not have a running tab in the hundreds.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-21-2012, 06:26 AM
I would ask some of my local all-you-can-eats if they offer tabs but I have a feeling their response would be "sorry, we are closed".

PatriotOne
05-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Silver lining....

Picketing the restaurant every Sunday is probably the most excercise he's had in 20 yrs.

Voluntary Man
05-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Henry Knox?

John F Kennedy III
05-21-2012, 07:41 AM

I can picture him eating George Washington's army.

Schifference
05-21-2012, 07:42 AM
My Brother purchased brakes pads from NAPA with a lifetime guarantee for his 1993 Chevy 4x4. He has owned the truck since new and uses it hard for his business which includes plowing in the winter. Several years ago NAPA gave him a new pair of pads, and informed him that they will no longer give him free replacement pads.

This restaurant is falsely advertising. Refusal of service for non payment should have been done at the door before the guy was allowed to begin eating.

I once had a business and projects could easily cost tens of thousands of dollars. Had a broker customer that brought work to me. Terms were net 30 days and he was always late and tried to intimidate our company for asking for our past due money. His routine was that he paid for the overdue invoice when he wanted something new produced. This was custom manufacturing and the items only had value to the original customer. I new first hand that the man was not honest in his dealings because unbeknownst to him I also owned another entity that sold him service and he lied regarding an altercation with that entity where he did not pay for services rendered that were to his specifications. He had made an error but wanted the other entity to absorb the cost instead of him. One day the guy paid off his late balance without bringing in a new project. I took that opportunity to cash his check and inform him that I no longer was interested in producing work for him. I thought it was better to turn away the business of problem customer than to take a $15k hit. Guy was amazed that I would turn him away.

Bern
05-21-2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwuiyO7hOU