PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Will His Supporters Jump Onto the Romney Bandwagon?

Carlybee
05-17-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/11412-ron-paul-will-his-supporters-jump-onto-the-romney-bandwagon

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/jan-june12/ronpaul_05-15.html

SilenceDewgooder
05-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Not a chance... Will Romney supporters (if you can find them) jump on the Paul bandwagon?

phill4paul
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Some will. I won't.

smithtg
05-17-2012, 12:46 PM
more MSM garbage. Not many sheep in the Paul supporter crowd. The real question is how many of the media will jump on the Romney bandwagon?

Carlybee
05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I just posted these to gauge what actually is being said in the media...obviously to be taken with a grain of salt given the source. Sometimes you can glean info they get from insiders though even if it's a teeny tiny nugget of info. Kind of like panning for gold.

mport1
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't understand how anybody could even ask this. No Ron Paul supporter who clearly understands his message would ever vote for Romney or Obama. There are a couple people on the fringe who may, but the vast majority would never do that.

LatinsforPaul
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
More like...

Ron Paul supporters jump on the Obama bandwagon so that the Republican Party can once again LEARN their lesson for nominating another moderate. Plus, once Obama wins we will have another shot for a liberty candidate (Rand?) in 2016.

specsaregood
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
The only ticket i will vote for has the name Paul somewhere in it.

No1butPaul
05-17-2012, 12:53 PM
http://alachuapolitix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/WWHellNo.jpg

cstarace
05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't understand how anybody could even ask this. No Ron Paul supporter who clearly understands his message would ever vote for Romney or Obama. There are a couple people on the fringe who may, but the vast majority would never do that.
The question then becomes, how many truly understand the message? There was a recent poll done by Rasmussen that showed somewhere close to 75% of people who identify as RP supporters will vote for one of Obama or Romney.

odamn
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Hell to the No!
MsM gets dumber everyday ...

Carlybee
05-17-2012, 12:56 PM
The question then becomes, how many truly understand the message? There was a recent poll done by Rasmussen that showed somewhere close to 75% of people who identify as RP supporters will vote for one of Obama or Romney.

A vote for Romney may as well be a vote for Obama. The policies may change but the end result is always the same.

revned
05-17-2012, 12:58 PM
More like...

Ron Paul supporters jump on the Obama bandwagon so that the Republican Party can once again LEARN their lesson for nominating another moderate. Plus, once Obama wins we will have another shot for a liberty candidate (Rand?) in 2016.

That's actually what they want you to do. They don't care if Romney or Obama wins, they are both funded by the same group of people(the 1%). The establishment just does not want Ron Paul, and they are willing to do whatever takes to ensure that Ron is not on the ticket. They know Romney is doomed to failure, but they don't really care as long as Ron does not get the chance to debate Obama, as Obama is already in their pockets. They know Ron would destroy Obama in a debate, just like he has with the rest of the Republicans.

Tim724
05-17-2012, 12:59 PM

+1. There may be a very low number of RP soft supporters who would vote for them, though my hunch is that of those that exist most would go to Obama. Romney will get next to nothing from us and that's partially why he'll definately lose to Obama.

05-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Only with one of the Pauls as VP. I will not vote Romney otherwise.

LatinsforPaul
05-17-2012, 01:28 PM
That's actually what they want you to do. They don't care if Romney or Obama wins, they are both funded by the same group of people(the 1%). The establishment just does not want Ron Paul, and they are willing to do whatever takes to ensure that Ron is not on the ticket. They know Romney is doomed to failure, but they don't really care as long as Ron does not get the chance to debate Obama, as Obama is already in their pockets. They know Ron would destroy Obama in a debate, just like he has with the rest of the Republicans.

You are correct, but if Romney wins we have to wait 8 years for a shot of electing a liberty candidate. If Obama wins we can try again in 4. Rand Paul 2016

ctiger2
05-17-2012, 01:37 PM
HAHA! I would rather vote Obama helping to drive the spike deeper into Americans skullz. Maybe THEN they'll wake the F up.

1stAmendguy
05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
What bandwagon?

LOL.

ohgodno
05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
No. Never. Ever.

John F Kennedy III
05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I didn't realize Romney had a bandwagon. You can fit all his supporters on a single unicycle.

DamianTV
05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Too much angst and speculation in this thread.

We must ask the Right Question: Will Romney supporters jump on the RON PAUL BANDWAGON when we take the Nomination?

maxoutco
05-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Noop.

1stAmendguy
05-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I didn't realize Romney had a bandwagon. You can fit all his supporters on a single unicycle.

I believe a good amount of those who voted for him and are supporting him now are ashamed of it. They are "settling".

Massachusetts
05-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I won't be voting for Mitt Romney or Barack Obama in the fall.

NoOneButPaul
05-17-2012, 01:54 PM
When the Paul bandwagon stops, even if he's made a deal and tells us to hop onto Romney's machine, the majority of us won't...

We'd rather walk backwards than march to serfdom.

cajuncocoa
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
http://alachuapolitix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/WWHellNo.jpg

^^ This.

Red Green
05-17-2012, 02:19 PM
+1 on the Obama bandwagon. The worst thing for the liberty movement is for Romney to get elected. In 4 more years we have a shot with Rand provided he has the fortitude of his old man.

P3ter_Griffin
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
No thanks, I'll be writing Dr. Paul in. That is, if Romney somehow finds a way to win.

I have been considering voting for Johnson though, to hopefully help get him over the 5% threshold which would benefit the libertarian party. Any thoughts on this? Many people thinking about doing the same?

05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
No thanks, I'll be writing Dr. Paul in. That is, if Romney somehow finds a way to win.

I have been considering voting for Johnson though, to hopefully help get him over the 5% threshold which would benefit the libertarian party. Any thoughts on this? Many people thinking about doing the same?

I am if there is no Paul on the ballot. I agree with Gary 90%. Close enough.

Dogsoldier
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
We must tar and feather the person that started this thread!

QuickZ06
05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Romney 2012.................SIKE!!!!!!!!!!! NOBP!

LibertyEagle
05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Some will. I won't.

^^^ THIS.

Root
05-17-2012, 05:15 PM
It's highly unlikely I'll support ever support romney.

Liberty74
05-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I am willing to bet the majority of Paul supporters will vote for Romney. Only the hard core supporters will opt for no one, write in Paul or vote for another. This idea that all Paul supporters are NOBP is simply a myth. I for one will not be voting for Romney. I've had it with the Republican Party after 20 years. They are big fat fake assholes that don't care about anything but power. They give lip service yet no action.

A Romney/Paul ticket might make me think though...but I honestly don't see that happening and some other deal has been in the making if a deal exists at all.

Lafayette
05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
The Romney bandwagon?

With the new/continued wars, debts, bureaucracies he has planned and along with all the rest of Bush and Obama's failed Constitution destroying polices, is there even any room on said wagon?

Ivash
05-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe some of the soft supporters will. My guess is most 'soft' support simply won't vote.

Hard core supporters won't.

cajuncocoa
05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Ron Paul's hard-core supporters would know better than to vote for a Romney-Paul ticket, in the unlikely event that would happen anyway. The hard-core supporters of liberty would know that is a sell out. I got flamed for saying this once before, so bring it on if you like.

pacelli
05-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Nope.

justatrey
05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
I love this one :D

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/558741_214603628644311_100002840279107_331935_1127 738178_n.jpg

JudgeNapFan
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
No way. No exceptions.

Slacker
05-17-2012, 05:55 PM
More like...

Umm Gary Johnson? Why waste your vote on Obama when you can help the LP get matching funds.

They know Ron would destroy Obama in a debate, just like he has with the rest of the Republicans.
This is why I wish he would consider a third party run. He can easily get the 15% needed to be in the debates.

bunklocoempire
05-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Ron Paul: Will His Supporters Jump Onto the Romney Bandwagon?

No. I've got more respect for myself, do not condone, and will not enable abusive realtionships.

http://s6.postimage.org/l4fi3iovl/changehim.jpg
"But Mitt loves me, he always hits me with an open hand -not with a closed fist like Obama does"

MozoVote
05-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Paul activists may glumly agree, not to put a stick in the spokes of Romney's wagon by campaigning for Johnson. Actually working for Romeny is very dubious IMO.

Carlybee
05-17-2012, 05:59 PM
We must tar and feather the person that started this thread!

some have tried and some have cried :p

cassielund99@gmail.com
05-17-2012, 06:03 PM
First off a vote for Romney would never happen. The polls only show who they would vote for Romney or Obama. The biggest part of the polls they left out was who is going to write in Paul. That would drop the poll to about 10 percent of Paul supporters voting for mitt or obama. Rasmussen polls are a joke.

Jovan Galtic
05-17-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xH0xorgUoI

anaconda
05-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Some will. I won't.

I'm getting the feeling that at least a few might be tempted by the Rand as VP ticket. I hope those that are tempted will rethink that silly and meaningless insult of a carrot if it comes to fruition.

BSWPaulsen
05-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Anyone that would vote for Romney due to Rand being the VP is a traitor to the movement.

Full stop.

Drex
05-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I will support a liberty candidate, not a banker's tool

ProIndividual
05-17-2012, 08:47 PM

I will..I'm voting Obama. It's game theory mathematics...the goal has to be for the Republicans to lose. If they win, we can't run a liberty candidate until 2020 or 2024. If Romney loses, we get a liberty candidate (hopefully) in 2016. I'm not setting back our movement 4-8 more years unnecessarily out of emotion...I'll hold my nose and vote against RepubliBloods (notice I didn't say "for DemoCrips").

I wish more of you could put emotion aside and just consider the mathematical facts according to game theory, and accept there is no other rational choice (strategy).

papitosabe
05-17-2012, 08:50 PM
I am willing to bet the majority of Paul supporters will vote for Romney. Only the hard core supporters will opt for no one, write in Paul or vote for another. This idea that all Paul supporters are NOBP is simply a myth. I for one will not be voting for Romney. I've had it with the Republican Party after 20 years. They are big fat fake assholes that don't care about anything but power. They give lip service yet no action..

so if Repulicans are fake assholes, what are democrats? they are one in the same... left/right paradigm...don't fall for it..

05-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm getting the feeling that at least a few might be tempted by the Rand as VP ticket. I hope those that are tempted will rethink that silly and meaningless insult of a carrot if it comes to fruition.

I will, not going to rethink and don't think it's meaningless. I don't really care what some people on a forum think. If he puts one of the Pauls on the ticket and they accept, I vote for him. It's vice president of the US, the second most powerful position in the country , a heartbeat away from leader of the free world.

Lishy
05-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Obama will beat Romney, and we know it. I think people should just protest and write Paul's name in anyways.

cajuncocoa
05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Obama will beat Romney, and we know it. I think people should just protest and write Paul's name in anyways.I will, and I recommend that other Paul supporters do the same.

That way, the GOP will know just how many votes it cost them to diss Ron Paul...state by state.

anaconda
05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
I will, not going to rethink and don't think it's meaningless. I don't really care what some people on a forum think. If he puts one of the Pauls on the ticket and they accept, I vote for him. It's vice president of the US, the second most powerful position in the country , a heartbeat away from leader of the free world.

It puts the prospective leader of the Revolution in the constraints of the administration, which would make for awkward allegiances. It keeps Rand out the oval office for a generation. Maybe forever. Rand will not be able to win the white house after the damage Romney does, and the Republicans' commensurate low approval ratings. At a minimum, Rand would have to wait through a subsequent Democratic administration. This could be 2028. And, what sort of profile does Joe Biden have, as a measure of evaluating the importance of VP?

05-17-2012, 09:03 PM
It guts the progress of the liberty movement. It keeps Rand out the oval office for a generation. Maybe forever. Rand will not be able to win the white house after the damage Romney does and the Republicans' commensurate low approval ratings. At a minimum, he would have to wait through a subsequent Democratic administration. This could be 2028. And, what sort of profile does Joe Biden have, as a measure of evaluating the importance of VP?

So Rand or Ron accept the VP nomination and you know better than they do and won't vote for them. Whatever. :rolleyes:

libertarian4321
05-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Given a choice of Romney, Obama, or Gary Johnson (Libertarian), I'll vote for Gary Johnson.

Why would we vote for Romney?

rich34
05-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Nope, couldn't pay me enough..

anaconda
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
So Rand or Ron accept the VP nomination and you know better than they do and won't vote for them. Whatever. :rolleyes:

But why would they expect us to vote for that ticket? I mean, give me a reason. I'm all ears. The last thing most of us want is a corrupt chief executive and a big oppressive government. So why would Mitt, Ron, Rand, Doug, Jesse, The CFR, the RNC, or anyone else expect our vote? I'm not sure I'm following you. I'm not terribly comfortable voting for a corrupt administration because their VP choice "knows better" than I. There needs to be transparency in government. So, if Ron or Rand accept a VP slot and, for some reason, expect me to vote for a filthy corrupt administration, then it is incumbent upon them to explain it to me. Your "they know better" rationale is woefully underwhelming for me.

cajuncocoa
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Can't speak for Rand, but I feel 99.9999999% certain that Ron would never accept the VP position from Romney. Why? Because it would go against everything he has stood for over his 30-year career.

If Rand accepts Romney's offer, the answer would still be no...No Romney, not ever.

Brett85
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I voted for Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008, and even I'm not voting for Romney. After the absolute fiasco we had in Iraq, why would I vote for someone who's promising to invade yet another country?

anaconda
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I will..I'm voting Obama. It's game theory mathematics...the goal has to be for the Republicans to lose. If they win, we can't run a liberty candidate until 2020 or 2024. If Romney loses, we get a liberty candidate (hopefully) in 2016. I'm not setting back our movement 4-8 more years unnecessarily out of emotion...I'll hold my nose and vote against RepubliBloods (notice I didn't say "for DemoCrips").

I wish more of you could put emotion aside and just consider the mathematical facts according to game theory, and accept there is no other rational choice (strategy).

I am considering this as well. More votes for Obama minimizes the opportunity for RINO control of the White House.

ALTHOUGH: I have not yet seen much discussion on how four years of severe bashing on Romney by Rand (as Senator, not VP) in the media could make a hostile challenge by Rand viable in 2016. In other words, the public might be persuaded that the problem over the next four years will be Romney's deficit spending, just like Obama. As an example, Romney is not even running currently on a platform of spending cuts. So Romney is setting himself up for potentially as much "Tea Party" blow back as Obama incurred. Can you imagine Tea Party style protests like 2009 during a Mittens administration?

seraphson
05-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Exactly. It's a loaded question. It's intentionally manufactured to make Paul supporters to look like Republican defectors since MSM assumes Robamney supporters would vote for Paul but not the other way around. Then they go to the next step and say (I vaguely recall some bitch from the newly infested "Tea Party" mentioning this) that "Oh, well then, if you're not for Romney then your clearly for BHO." Really? You wanna shove words down my mouth? How bout' I shove my pocket edition of the Constitution down yours!

anaconda
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
I voted for Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008, and even I'm not voting for Romney. After the absolute fiasco we had in Iraq, why would I vote for someone who's promising to invade yet another country?

I actually voted for Kerry in 2004, since I was so appalled with Bush. talk about getting played by the false left-right paradigm. I went for it hook, line, and sinker.

cajuncocoa
05-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I actually voted for Kerry in 2004, since I was so appalled with Bush. talk about getting played by the false left-right paradigm. I went for it hook, line, and sinker.Me too. For the exact same reason. *sigh*

cindy25
05-17-2012, 09:43 PM
only if Ron or Rand is VP, and even then not all.

if Romney picks Rubio then most Paul supporters will go with Gary Johnson. or stay home

Carlybee
05-17-2012, 09:43 PM
I actually voted for Kerry in 2004, since I was so appalled with Bush. talk about getting played by the false left-right paradigm. I went for it hook, line, and sinker.

Same here..but I woke up shortly after.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes, Romney must love, otherwise we will face a long setback. I'm just glad I'm in a blue state so I don't have to consider voting Obama to stop him.

I hope that everyone will do all they can to smear and bash the RINO. Those in a position to do so should sabotage his campaign from within. Four more years of a lame duck Obama is incredibly more advantageous to liberty than eight years of Romney, empowered with a Republican Congress. Guess where all the resistance will go? Straight to the Democrats, just as it did during Bush.

J_White
05-17-2012, 10:56 PM
bahahahahhahahaha !!!
hell no !

anaconda
05-17-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco

Carehn
05-17-2012, 11:14 PM
http://aworldofprogress.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2012/02/no1.jpg

floridasun1983
05-17-2012, 11:24 PM
I had this discussion with somebody the other day, who kept saying "I don't like Romney, but he's better than Obama and we've got to get rid of Obama." I made the point that I think that illustrates why and how we got where we are today: is it really good enough to vote for bad people because they're not quite as bad (which is a matter of perception) as the other guy? When did that become good enough or acceptable? Why do we settle?

Its somewhat depressing.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Many will. Would be willing to bet the majority of Ron Paul's 1.2 million votes in 2008 went on to vote for McCain that November. Paul has a lot more 'normal' Republican support than the media, and surprisingly many here give him credit for.

cstarace
05-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Well, despite my skepticism, I'm hoping the overwhelming response will be similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo

CPUd
05-17-2012, 11:37 PM
"Let's start redefining this conversation a little bit"

Watch what happens when someone tries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0rTl71Lxqo

05-18-2012, 12:01 AM
But why would they expect us to vote for that ticket? I mean, give me a reason. I'm all ears. The last thing most of us want is a corrupt chief executive and a big oppressive government. So why would Mitt, Ron, Rand, Doug, Jesse, The CFR, the RNC, or anyone else expect our vote? I'm not sure I'm following you. I'm not terribly comfortable voting for a corrupt administration because their VP choice "knows better" than I. There needs to be transparency in government. So, if Ron or Rand accept a VP slot and, for some reason, expect me to vote for a filthy corrupt administration, then it is incumbent upon them to explain it to me. Your "they know better" rationale is woefully underwhelming for me.

They can accept VP without endorsing all his policy. The VP in lockstep with the president on policy is a recent development in this country, we have a history of opposition VP's.

VP is historically many many time more likely to become president.

McCain was better in the past, he sold his soul with NDAA, I lost all respect for him there. As a former POW , I can't believe he signed onto indefinite detention without charge.

XxNeXuSxX
05-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Yes; but that raises suspicion quite high to me. We've had polls on here and DP with 20,000 votes on the same question. I believe both ended less than 6-7% did.

bb23
05-18-2012, 12:44 AM
HAHA! I would rather vote Obama helping to drive the spike deeper into Americans skullz. Maybe THEN they'll wake the F up.

Agreed to be honest. The shit has to not only hit the fan, but splatter over the face of every American before they will wake up and smell the coffee.

05-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Yes; but that raises suspicion quite high to me. We've had polls on here and DP with 20,000 votes on the same question. I believe both ended less than 6-7% did.

Forums are not a representative sample of all RP support. This is the hardcore support.

TonySutton
05-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is still voting for evil. Anyone who believes either of them in the white house will make a difference is fooling themselves.

TrishW
05-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Voting for Romney or Obama, is a waste of time. Whoever wins, will not make any difference. Correct me if I am wrong.

So at this time I will make a write in protest vote for RON PAUL. He is the only one that I chose as my President. Isn't that what voting is about? Choosing the person you want? I may have a very limited control on who actually becomes President... but my vote is my own.

TruckinMike
05-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Note to any Establishment GOP pukes that may be lurking:

I have voted for Republicans all of my life. I continue to be betrayed by MY party. Big intrusive government, the destruction of my civil liberties, the complete and total denial of the real reason for the second amendment(pet peeve), the growth of collectivist ideology (the ideological root of all communism,socialism, and fascism), the advancement of ALL ten planks of the communist manifesto (http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html), along with scores of outright traitorous actions by most of the GOP field are just a few reasons that I, a Ron Paul supporter, will NOT get behind Romney, err, Obomney. Its the same 'ol song and dance. Not again, not ever again.

So snap out of it you bunch of stubborn dolts - you're losing your reign - except reality and move on.

TMike

Origanalist
05-18-2012, 07:46 AM

I have voted for Republicans all of my life. I continue to be betrayed by MY party. Big intrusive government, the destruction of my civil liberties, the complete and total denial of the real reason for the second amendment(pet peeve), the growth of collectivist ideology (the ideological root of all communism,socialism, and fascism), the advancement of ALL ten planks of the communist manifesto (http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html), along with scores of outright traitorous actions by most of the GOP field are just a few reasons that I, a Ron Paul supporter, will NOT get behind Romney, err, Obomney. Its the same 'ol song and dance. Not again, not ever again.

So snap out of it you bunch of stubborn dolts - you're losing your reign - except reality and move on.

TMike

I'm with you Mike. I have voted strait republican ticket since 1980, in 76 I was young and foolish enough to vote for Carter.

I'm done, I will write in RP and only vote for liberty candidates from this time forward.

row333au
05-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Nice try psyhe-ops.... creating the defeating feeling of hopelessness so people get demoralize and just become complacent or worst drop off in making efforts....

the question is.... how will you move to next afterlife after consciously have intentionally in full willingness aided the evils of the world to harm the innocents, the good people and a great kind and loving country with its beautiful life and all that lives there?

PointsOfOrder
05-18-2012, 08:09 AM
After the shit Romney pulled at the conventions f-him. Unless it is Paul, it does not matter because the SAME handlers that groomed Obama also groomed Romney. We will be getting the SAME Draconian laws from England (just served differently) from either of those 2. Makes me wonder what city got threatened to have Ron Paul back off.

wgadget
05-18-2012, 08:32 AM

TMike

Pat Buchanan concurs:

http://lewrockwell.com/buchanan/buchanan239.html

Carehn
05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
"Let's start redefining this conversation a little bit"

Watch what happens when someone tries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0rTl71Lxqo

Im just going to quote this post to stress that people should watch this video.

Dissent
05-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Nope. I would jump on Obama's before I jumped on Romney's. I will be writing in Paul if need be.

Carlybee
05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I wrote Ron Paul in in 2008 after the Repthuglicans totally cheated and marginalized the delegate process and will do it again need be. Obamney will never get my vote.

cajuncocoa
05-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Nope. I would jump on Obama's before I jumped on Romney's. I will be writing in Paul if need be.I'm not sure why you find Obama more favorable to Romney; I find them to be the same. Maybe it's because of the treatment of Paul supporters by the GOP?

Here's a little something to think about: Democrats would no more welcome us than the GOP did. In fact, they may be even worse. Carlybee and I were both on a message board dominated by Democrats and we both made no secret of the fact that we strongly support Ron Paul. They were brutal to us....maybe even more nasty than GOP supporters tend to be.

So for me, neither will get my vote. If Ron Paul gets on the Louisiana ballot again, he get my vote (as he did in 2008). If not, I will see if my state allows write-in votes. If not, I will skip the election.

NO ONE BUT PAUL for me.

Carlybee
05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure why you find Obama more favorable to Romney; I find them to be the same. Maybe it's because of the treatment of Paul supporters by the GOP?

Here's a little something to think about: Democrats would no more welcome us than the GOP did. In fact, they may be even worse. Carlybee and I were both on a message board dominated by Democrats and we both made no secret of the fact that we strongly support Ron Paul. They were brutal to us....maybe even more nasty than GOP supporters tend to be.

So for me, neither will get my vote. If Ron Paul gets on the Louisiana ballot again, he get my vote (as he did in 2008). If not, I will see if my state allows write-in votes. If not, I will skip the election.

NO ONE BUT PAUL for me.

*proudly shoving Ron Paul in liberals faces since 2006 :D

cheapseats
05-18-2012, 10:07 AM
The following compilation of ADAMANT NO's is not inclusive...not least, because I skipped the photographic exclamation-point NO's:

Not a chance...

I won't.

No Ron Paul supporter who clearly understands his message would ever vote for Romney or Obama.

No. Never. Ever.

Noop.

I won't be voting for Mitt Romney or Barack Obama in the fall.

No thanks, I'll be writing Dr. Paul in.

Romney 2012.................SIKE!!!!!!!!!!! NOBP!

Hard core supporters won't.

Ron Paul's hard-core supporters would know better than to vote for a Romney-Paul ticket, in the unlikely event that would happen anyway. The hard-core supporters of liberty would know that is a sell out. I got flamed for saying this once before, so bring it on if you like.

Nope.

No way. No exceptions.

No. I've got more respect for myself, do not condone, and will not enable abusive realtionships.

First off a vote for Romney would never happen.

Anyone that would vote for Romney due to Rand being the VP is a traitor to the movement.

Full stop.

Obama will beat Romney, and we know it. I think people should just protest and write Paul's name in anyways.

I will, and I recommend that other Paul supporters do the same.

That way, the GOP will know just how many votes it cost them to diss Ron Paul...state by state.

Nope, couldn't pay me enough..

...No Romney, not ever.

I voted for Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008, and even I'm not voting for Romney.

bahahahahhahahaha !!!
hell no !

...So at this time I will make a write in protest vote for RON PAUL.

...Its the same 'ol song and dance. Not again, not ever again.

TMike

I'm with you Mike. ...I'm done, I will write in RP and only vote for liberty candidates from this time forward.

I wrote Ron Paul in in 2008 after the Repthuglicans totally cheated and marginalized the delegate process and will do it again need be. Obamney will never get my vote.

NO ONE BUT PAUL for me.

Remember when I said I wouldn't harangue y'all about a third-party run after the Libertarian Party convention? Good as my word.

I'll not bother y'all about THIS again, either.

It makes no never-mind what the gesture IS (unless it dissolves into mayhem, then it matters) but, CONSIDERING THE COLD HARD REALITY THAT THE MAJORITY OF WRITE-IN VOTES ARE NOT RECORDED, the spirit and significance of "No One But Paul" must be conveyed by SOME concerted-read-that-collective, recognizable, consequential action.

Mohawk haircuts would be NOTICED, but not RESPECTED/FEARED. Yellow and pink ribbons are ineffectual AND overdone.

Pick a fuckin' poison. If the NO ONE BUT PAUL gesture is not spectacular for YOU, how/why would it impress THEM?

TER
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
No One But Paul.

cheapseats
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
No One But Paul.

Expressed HOW?!?!

Pick a fuckin' poison. If the NO ONE BUT PAUL gesture is not spectacular for YOU, how/why would it impress THEM?

TER
05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Expressed HOW?!?!

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!. :D

Carlybee
05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I think it has been expressed in a myriad of ways...I think expressing it by trying to take over the GOP has had mixed rsults to say the least but many of us express it in ways not always credited that can change peoples minds...thats how the movement has grown so much.

Lucille
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I'd rather eat glass.

cheapseats
05-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I think it has been expressed in a myriad of ways...I think expressing it by trying to take over the GOP has had mixed rsults to say the least but many of us express it in ways not always credited that can change peoples minds...thats how the movement has grown so much.

If The Moovement is content to get no credit for changing hearts and minds, then why WASTE VALUABLE RESOURCES on campaigns?

cheapseats
05-18-2012, 10:35 AM
NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!. :D

If Ron Paul does not win or is not allowed to win, you will express your commitment by typing in larger, bolder font?

Ivash
05-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, this is an entirely selfish request, but if Ron Paul doesn't win the primary please vote third party so I can accurately measure the range of support Ron Paul took from the Republican Party.

I realize that it wouldn't be 100% accurate, but it'd be better than if a bunch of write in votes were simply thrown out.

Lucille
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Doherty (http://reason.com/blog/2012/05/18/ron-paul-roundup-taking-minnesota-backed) linked to this (and another) thread today in his RP Roundup.

*At the Ron Paul Forums, Paul partisans say: No Romney (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?377198-Ron-Paul-Will-His-Supporters-Jump-Onto-the-Romney-Bandwagon). And also, that they are still trying to make sure Paul wins (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?376853-The-Campaign-for-TOTAL-Victory-in-Tampa-Starts-Now-Ron-Paul-Grass-Roots-Unite!).

D.A.S.
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, Ron Paul's soft support still don't want to see a second term of Obama, so they will jump on the Romney wagon to try and unseat Obama. Those who are true Ron Paul supporters that understand the reason and the principle behind Ron Paul's stances on issues will never vote for Romney. I certainly won't be voting for Romney (right now, I'm being pummeled by "Elect Romney" phone calls and expensive Romney brochures in the mail in NJ), but too many people are still stuck in "anybody-but-Obama" mode, some of which have supported Paul.

TER
05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
If Ron Paul does not win or is not allowed to win, you will express your commitment by typing in larger, bolder font?

lol. It seems you missed the joke.

justatrey
05-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Romney = Obama

There is no lesser of two evils. You want warmongering banker-owned puppet R or warmongering banker-owned puppet D? A Romney vs. Obama election is meaningless.

NO ONE BUT PAUL

Liberty74
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
so if Repulicans are fake assholes, what are democrats? they are one in the same... left/right paradigm...don't fall for it..

I mean fake by claiming to be for smaller govt and claiming they support the Bill of Rights. Democrats never really claim such views so it's hard to call them fakes. They are simply traitors and criminals by default.

You are right, the two party criminal system is one in the same behind the curtain. For some reason the surface rhetoric matters most and that is how the people are fooled. It's why I support an Indy Liberty movement to unite the people against the establishment of both parties.

TruckinMike
05-18-2012, 11:36 AM
If the NO ONE BUT PAUL gesture is not spectacular for YOU, how/why would it impress THEM?

First the soap Box (check)
then the ballet box (check)
then the ammo box...

libertygrl
05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
ME VOTE FOR ROMNEY????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SazBzvQ0ZAM&feature=related

Carlybee
05-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I mean fake by claiming to be for smaller govt and claiming they support the Bill of Rights. Democrats never really claim such views so it's hard to call them fakes. They are simply traitors and criminals by default.

You are right, the two party criminal system is one in the same behind the curtain. For some reason the surface rhetoric matters most and that is how the people are fooled. It's why I support an Indy Liberty movement to unite the people against the establishment of both parties.

Hard to call Dems fake? I beg to differ. Obama claiming to be for gay marriage after he said he wasn't ..all for political points. Dems who were anti-war when Bush was doing but now for war when their side is doing it. List goes on. Both sides are hypocrites.

porchdog
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Sorry we wont vote for mittens or oblabla..................... not now not ever........

porchdog
05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I am not sure you can write in a candidate with the electronic voting machines, that being the case I will surely be voting libretarian.

Voluntary Man
05-18-2012, 12:51 PM
More like...

since there isn't a dime's worth of difference between Obamney, you're correct: it's far more likely that Paul loyalists (regardless of orders from headquarters) will punish the neocon party machine in the manner that will produce the most bang for the buck.

89vision
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

sailingaway
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4048/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4048-113.jpg

Romney bandwagon ^^

eleganz
05-18-2012, 01:06 PM
12 pages of Ron Paul supporters going to the dark side. And you guys wonder why were so disorganized and not getting things done.

Mises_to_Paul
05-18-2012, 01:17 PM
First off all, what bandwagon? Romney supporters have all the energy and gusto of a sleep-deprived teenager waking up at 6 to go to school.

Second, if there is any flipping of a vote from Paul to Romney, the person was never a true supporter in the first place (possible exception if Paul was made the VP, but that will never happen).

Carlybee
05-18-2012, 02:12 PM
12 pages of Ron Paul supporters going to the dark side. And you guys wonder why were so disorganized and not getting things done.

No one but Paul is the dark side? You sure have a talent for blaming things on those you disagree with.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Watch for the Wobblies to come out in force as November gets closer.

It was hysterical to watch in 2008.

No One But Paul

Anti Federalist
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
They Just Don't Get It!

Posted by Butler Shaffer on May 18, 2012 12:14 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/112339.html

Lew: This anti-Ron Paul Salon article by Alex Pareene reflects the mindset that attends members of the establishment media generally: the belief that Ron's political campaign — like everything else in our institutionalized world — is run from the top-down. The question "What will he do with his delegates?" totally misses the decentralist nature of what drives the Paulians. Pareene is still living in the Lyndon Johnson/Richard Nixon/Kennedy family era when delegates and other supporters were treated as fungible resources or Monopoly-game board pieces to be traded or moved at the will of the player. The Paul delegates are not "his" to be disposed of as suits his personal interests. Ron can no more "deliver" the delegates or the voters who support his policies than could George W. Bush or Barack Obama "free" the people of Tibet with an executive order!

In contrast with the politically-ambitious who parade, proselytize, and otherwise pimp on behalf of one or the other franchise of the establishment's political racket, the dedicated Paul supporters are reminiscent of the classic Thoreau observation: "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." These predominantly young men and women are akin to Albert Jay Nock's "Remnant," who are not to be found by others, but who will seek out those who share their dispositions. Following the collapse of the civilization, they will help to "build up a new society" founded upon "the august order of nature." Ron has not found these people; they have found him. They will go not where he directs, but to where their individually-directed judgments take them. These are the people who have already grown tired of being "delivered" by others to purposes not of their own making, and are demanding a world organized on the premises of peace and liberty. This is what scares the hell out of all who feed from the corporate-state trough.

anewvoice
05-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Dumb question, there's no such thing as a Romney bandwagon.

anaconda
05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
They can accept VP without endorsing all his policy. The VP in lockstep with the president on policy is a recent development in this country, we have a history of opposition VP's.

I could go for an extreme opposition VP. Like ripping on the President every day in the media. That might work.

McCain was better in the past,

Keating 5?

cajuncocoa
05-18-2012, 08:10 PM

No one but Paul is the dark side? You sure have a talent for blaming things on those you disagree with.

I'd like an explanation for this "dark side" comment, too.