PDA

View Full Version : New England Historic Genealogical Society rules that no proof Warren is 1/32nd Native Amer

Agorism
05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
New England Historic Genealogical Society rules that no proof Warren is even 1/32nd Native American

Warren has yet another setback..
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1061131901

Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign faced another setback yesterday after the New England Historic Genealogical Society said there is no proof of her Native American heritage, forcing the novice candidate back to square one in the ongoing scandal, according to pundits.

“It’s glued to her now. This is going to be with her throughout the campaign,” said Larry Sabato, who heads the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics. “I don’t know how it goes away when you have so many unanswered questions.”

Shortly after the [Boston] Herald first reported that Harvard Law School had touted Warren’s [putative] Native American background, a genealogist at the society indicated that a document existed purporting that Warren was 1/32nd Cherokee because of her great-great-great-grandmother. But the Society backpedaled yesterday, saying they haven’t been able to find primary documentation to back up that claim. Their comments came as the Herald reported yesterday that an Oklahoma county clerk said a marriage application proving Warren’s tribal roots does not exist.

“We have no proof that Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great-grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith either is or is not of Cherokee descent,” said Tom Champoux, a society spokesman.

Another new reference to Warren’s minority status surfaced yesterday in a 1997 Fordham University article that cites her as a “woman of color.” The article quotes former Harvard Law School spokesman Michael Chmura, who was also quoted in the original Harvard Crimson article touting Warren’s purported tribal heritage

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20120516/507e50_Warren.jpg

Vessol
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Jeez, I'm pretty much 100% Irish and work the graveyard shift usually and I thought I was pale. She's whiter than me!