05-16-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/300066/rand-rises-robert-costa

GeorgiaAvenger
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
National Review. Excellent.

Indy Vidual
05-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Wow

“His future is as bright as he wants it to be,” says Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina, Paul’s upper-chamber mentor. “He is already one of the smartest and most courageous senators, and fearless in defending property rights and fighting for a balanced-budget amendment.”

klamath
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Good article.

sevin
05-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm in. With Ron Paul out in 2016, Rand Paul would BY FAR be our best option. He would do better in debates, and average Republicans are willing to listen to him.

Shane Harris
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Knowing that Ron Pauls only come around once in a blue moon I would still be very pleased with a Rand Paul.

Cleaner44
05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Rand will be a slam dunk win in 2016. He will connect better with voters and we will have moved the party even more by then. This is just one more reason that Mittens will lose in 2012. Keep working guys, we will get this done! :)

hard@work
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm waiting for his record to expand and hope it will be as close to his father's as possible. And I will be following the money, including how much he takes from Kentucky industry and how he behaves towards industry interests vs. property rights and the general populace. So far I like much of what he has done. I would like to know that he can make conservative arguments that sway liberal views towards libertarianism like his father does.

I am not looking forward to defending a staunch social conservative platform against the progressives come 2016. I have enjoyed railing on progressives with libertarianism for a good decade now. If that fun is no longer available then, well, meh. Too much polarization.

He has four years to show he can fight corruption externally, and (of much more importance to us) internally.

It is up to Rand Paul to show us he is worthy of the mantle of his father by turning down the golden offers of the enemy. And it is up to us to be cantankerous and watchful as ever towards him, as well as supportive for when he stands alone or against the wind. I have high hopes in him as the son of the icon I have followed and fought for in my political awakening. And I have many fears going forward of backroom deals, subversion, soul selling, and political mistakes.

All that said for me it is very, very black and white. Did he vote yes / no purely and without compromise.

No compromise Rand, none. Say it loud and proud.

ProIndividual
05-16-2012, 09:37 PM
I won't vote Rand...I wish you guys would choose someone else. We need equal to, or more, libertarian to Ron Paul...not less (even if it just a slight degree). The last name should not be important, this isn't a cult of personality. Draft Judge Nap...I'd back him...but after some stuff Rand has done since in the Senate, I'm never supporting him. It'll be Reagan-style disappointment.

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Rand would definitively do better than Ron in the general race, easier sell to die hard GOPers. However, I hope he won't sell out. He may be liable to doing so.

hard@work
05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Rand will be a slam dunk win in 2016. He will connect better with voters and we will have moved the party even more by then. This is just one more reason that Mittens will lose in 2012. Keep working guys, we will get this done! :)

If there is a country left by then, one that is not somehow realigned to authoritarian rule or fractured by current events.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mitt-romney-the-foreign-policy-of-know-nothingism/

In the recent year and a half I have noticed many mainstream individuals outright supporting fascist and monarchial ideology. Including population reduction through government. There are also communist and anarcho-fascist factions at work.

2016 is an if. We are at war. And if we have chaos in our own borders things can shift dramatically towards a true neo-monarchy.

Cleaner44
05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I won't vote Rand...I wish you guys would choose someone else. We need equal to, or more, libertarian to Ron Paul...not less (even if it just a slight degree). The last name should not be important, this isn't a cult of personality. Draft Judge Nap...I'd back him...but after some stuff Rand has done since in the Senate, I'm never supporting him. It'll be Reagan-style disappointment.

If the Judge runs, great. I suspect Rand will have the best name brand recognition, which will be important if you don't want to see more marginalizing like Gary Johnson suffered.

If there is a country left by then, one that is not somehow realigned to authoritarian rule or fractured by current events.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mitt-romney-the-foreign-policy-of-know-nothingism/

In the recent year and a half I have noticed many mainstream individuals outright supporting fascist and monarchial ideology. Including population reduction through government. There are also communist and anarcho-fascist factions at work.

2016 is an if. We are at war.

We will either win in 2016 or have civil war in 2013. Just prepare for both.

John F Kennedy III
05-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Rand Paul 2016!

John F Kennedy III
05-16-2012, 09:44 PM
If the Judge runs, great. I suspect Rand will have the best name brand recognition, which will be important if you don't want to see more marginalizing like Gary Johnson suffered.

We will either win in 2016 or have civil war in 2013. Just prepare for both.

This.