PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Passion and Hope reside in the Message or the Messenger?

robert9712000
05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
This liberty Movement has come a long way in the last 5 years but now its at a major turning point, that will decide if its a fad or a true revolution.

I remember back in 2008 when my brother told me about Ron and i was instantly drawn to his Sincerity. As a person that places great value in knowing truth, I couldn't help but to be enamored by Ron because he struck me as such a rarity in Politics,as a matter a fact i would almost go as far to say hes a one of a kind.I would easily fit into the description of a cult follower because i lapped up any and all info and articles about Ron Paul i could get a hold of.Before Ron i never gave the slightest interest in anything to do with Politics.

Then around January with all the smears against Ron i pondered about what it meant if Ron did or Didn't become President.It was then i realized something important . While 1 person can inspire a nation to a revolution,1 person can not be the revolution.

Thats when i understood that up until that point, i was content with placing all of my passion and hope in Ron Paul because i was hoping he would do all the work and i could just reap the benefits.

Upon that i concluded i was being lazy and selfish for feeling hopeless, at the thought that Ron might not win because i had declared in my thoughts "who would restore America to the land of freedom and Liberty if Ron Loses". I had placed all my hope and passion in what he might do instead of using the Message to compel me into action.

So i think others need to ask that question.Does your hope and passion reside in the Message or the Messenger?

If its in the message and you truly desire Liberty and freedom the way it was intended by the forefathers, then all hope does not stop at Ron.It seems silly now to say that after realizing that fact, but its amazing how one can become so so focused on the Messenger that they dont pay attention to the message.

So regardless of the outcome with this election cycle,this Revolution has only just begun, if you want it Too.

1stAmendguy
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Hot topics in 3, 2, 1...

anewvoice
05-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Hot topics in 3, 2, 1...

This played through my head with the theme music to hot pockets, weird,

Koz
05-16-2012, 08:57 PM
This is an interesting thread. I have not posted in a long time, but feel compelled to post to this thread.

Personally I don't think Dr. Paul is that great of a public speaker, he doesn't have a smooth voice, it crackles, he just isn't what I would describe as a great orator. That said, I think there is a certain rawness, or grittyness to his delivery of the message. The first time I saw a Youtube of him I was thinking who is this guy because every word he spoke was pure, unadultaurated truth. There was no political double speak, he wasn't trying to dance around the issue, he wasn't pandering for votes, he had a water cannon of truth opened full throttle towards anyone who would listen.

I totally get the message, and as for myself, I will still try to do whatever I can to promote liberty and help with the revolution when he retires, or ultimately when he is not around. I think what Dr. Paul has done for many of us, is to light that fire by educating us on what real liberty is - both economic and civil. My wife, who I slowly spoonfed bits of Dr. Paul to says that you need to be pretty smart to understand him and his message. I believe it is because America has been so dumbed down that it's hard for people to understand.

So who are the next generations that will carry forward the message, because we need champions of liberty? People like Peter Schiff, Rand, Judge Napolitano, and Thomas Woods will certainly carry the torch forward. I am encouraged every day I log onto this site because of all the young people who are studying Austrian Economics and others who are getting involved at the local level in politics.

I think we see Dr. Paul as our hope to swiftly carry us back to a Constitutional Republic in one fell swoop. The reality of the matter is that to restore our Republic for the long term it is going to have to happen through education and elections at the local, county and state level. Then, those liberty candidates will ultimately filter up to the federal level. It is already happening slowly with legislators like Rand, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash. We just need a few to turn into dozens.

sailingaway
05-16-2012, 09:11 PM
The message. HOWEVER Ron Paul is virtually the message incarnate and it seems to me the other candidates are bits and pieces of it. Rand is a lot of it, at minimum, but I'm not holding my breath to find another Ron Paul for a candidate in my lifetime. My hope is that we will grow our own, and many of them.

Shane Harris
05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
The message. HOWEVER Ron Paul is virtually the message incarnate and it seems to me the other candidates are bits and pieces of it. Rand is a lot of it, at minimum, but I'm not holding my breath to find another Ron Paul for a candidate in my lifetime. My hope is that we will grow our own, and many of them.

QFT

ProIndividual
05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
We need Judge Nap to run. Draft Judge Nap! He's waaaay better than Rand, imho.

J_White
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
i second this !
and i will add, in 4 yrs, when things will be more downhill and the GOP establishment will present us with more status quo options like Christie, Jeb, etc, - at that time Rand would seem like God's gift !!
but I agree, he is no Ron.

ican'tvote
05-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Both.
I agree with the message. However, if someone like Bob Barr said the same things...

sailingaway
05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Both.
I agree with the message. However, if someone like Bob Barr said the same things...

bingo. It isn't the words, it is the actions.

dancjm
05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
He is not just a messenger.

He is an example.

BuddyRey
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM
It's the message that counts, and I know that. But my worry is that there just aren't any other people with power in Washington who would make nearly as good a messenger as Ron Paul has. Not even Rand sets peoples minds and hearts and guts on fire for this cause. And those people who I DO think would be outstanding leaders of the movement are constantly derided as unelectable or not mainstream enough. Ron struck that perfect balance between being principled and consistently taken seriously, at least by "freedom people." I'm desperately looking for someone...anyone...who can step into that hero-sized spotlight and really own it, but with the same self-effacing humility and earnest sincerity Ron always had.

jay_dub
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Ron Paul is Liberty's Johnny Appleseed.

http://www.appleappetite.com/Johnny_Appleseed_1972_post_card.jpg