PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Zealand

Kiwi4Liberty
05-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Not sure how many RPF members there are from New Zealand here. If I am the first, then thats pretty cool!

Anyway I've been browsing RPF since December, on here almost every night. Finally decided that I might as well join.
I found Ron Paul through Jesse Ventura, Who I'm a big fan of. The conspiracy theory show and the man himself.
So when I heard Jesse talk about Ron Paul, I watched almost every Youtube video possible. Listened to the 'What If' speech and the 'Bad Dream' Speech.
I was inspired. At first not so much inspired Libertarianism, but the Man himself. How a Politician could be so honest and so courageous to stand up for
his beliefs, even when was in the minority.

Politically, I used to have some, what many would call communist views. Maybe I still do. One of my Hero's is Ho Chi Minh.
But I have come round to the fact that I am mainly a Libertarian/True conservative. Less government is what I want!
Unfortunately, We here in New Zealand are also run by two partys. National and Labour. Both have different ideologys, but once in Government they're both
much the same.

Not much to say about me personally. I'm 20, single and am a part time cleaner at a Hospital. Love my Rugby, which despite what you guys might say, is far better than Gridiron!

Thankyou for having me on here guys. And lets all hope and pray, That What Jesse Benton and the campaign have done the last couple of days is part of some grand strategy to win the nomination. Because whilst I know a lot of a looking at long term things, I really want Ron Paul to be you're president for the sake of the planet. And I don't see any Ron Pauls waiting in the wings to run for President any time soon.

Nirvikalpa
05-16-2012, 09:58 AM
There are others here from NZ, so you're not alone. Welcome! Agreed with your last paragraph.

idiom
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM
There are a number of kiwis here... we even had a Teaparty in the Auckland harbour back in'07 :)

Hyperion
05-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Welcome. Much love for the kiwis thanks to Brett and Jemaine of Flight of the Conchords.

Kiwi4Liberty
05-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Welcome. Much love for the kiwis thanks to Brett and Jemaine of Flight of the Conchords.

They are very funny those guys. Got all their songs on my mp3. How popular are they over there?

Hyperion
05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Fairly popular. A lot of people loved their TV show on HBO. Their music is great.

DamianTV
05-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Liberty truly is a World Wide Movement.

RonRules
05-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm glad you're not a sheep.

opinionatedfool
05-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome! It sounds like you need your own version of Ron Paul in NZ. Let freedom ring!