PDA

View Full Version : "Ask Ron Paul" 2 Month Marathon Q&A Town Hall Meeting

Wolfgang Bohringer
05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
I've got a great idea: Now that the 2012 Ron Paul stadium rock tour is over, its time for him to get down to serious business. And there might even be a way to shame Ron into doing this:

Ron must announce that he will be satelliting in to Scott Horton's radio show FOR ALL 3 HOURS every day from now until Ron leaves for the Tampa convention. At times Ron will be the focus of Scott's questions; at other times Ron will take questions from callers; and, most importantly at other times Ron will just be an extra thinker along with Scott's standard journalists and author-guests and sometimes even better as an analyst and critic of Scott's regular rants. We want to get hours and hours of Ron reacting to all of the amazing stuff that we hear on anti-war radio. How many times have we all thought the same thing that Scott wondered the other day when talking with The Other Scott Horton about the 9th Circuit Court legalizing John Yoo's war crimes: "Why doesn't Ron Paul get these 4 star generals who agree with him up on a stage and make a public issue out of this for crying out loud?"

Well, lucky for us Jesse has spent all the airplane money and the bus money! And now we have a chance to get Ron on "stage" with all the top thinkers for a 2 month marathon Q&A and bill the whole thing as the model for how you really run a town hall meeting for the voters.

And he should also bill it as an act of gratitude to the grassroots for shelling out 25 million dollars or whatever it was that we spent on him this year. To show his love for the love-lution, Ron is going to satellite in for 3 hours a day directly into the planet's most serious Rothbardian-libertarian-brain center and invite the world to pick his and his fellow Rothbardian-libertarian brains and explain in detail the program they have in mind for transitioning us to a free society.

So, what's to stop this idea from going absolutely nowhere like all of my other ideas? What if Scott Horton shames him into doing it? Just like Hubert Humphrey set up an empty chair for Richard Nixon who refused to debate him, Scott Horton could set up an empty mike? but Scott could maybe kind of mimick all of the great reactions that Ron would be making during good parts of his show if Ron was there instead of Scott ridiculing the empty mike like Humphrey was probably doing to Nixon? I have no idea how to do this. Shaming is all I can think of that doesn't violate the N.A.P. Maybe we could kidnap him and get away with it if we call it an "intervention".