PDA

View Full Version : Maine Campaign Workshop May 19-20 from the Leadership Institute

Okaloosa
05-15-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.leadershipinstitute.org/training/School.cfm?SchoolID=20042

Maine Campaign Bootcamp
NOTE: This campaign seminar will take place over 2 days, Sat plus half a day on Sun

2 days, $50.00

Each year thousands of candidates run for elected office and only a few win. This is often due to the lack of skilled leadership in campaigns. This training addresses this need and empowers you to make a difference.

Local citizen activists spend many hours of time in projects and activities that yield few results. This class will help you focus your precious time in ways that will make you a more effective activist.

Candidates and political activists often make speeches and produce printed materials that communicate nothing to the average voter and citizen. Learn how to make a compelling case for the ideas of limited government, fiscal responsibility, and the values of our founders.

Are you interested in volunteering or working for a candidate, cause, or issue at the local level? This is the class for you. Ideal attendees for the Campaign Management School would also include center-right public policy organization staff, conservative activists or groups interested in working on ballot initiatives, propositions, or legislation.

The Campaign Bootcamp will help prepare you to build a winning team and communicate more effectively with voters.

Attendees will learn how to:

• Attract and manage volunteers
• Develop precinct organizations
• Identify and build coalitions
• Develop and deliver the campaign’s message
• Deliver voters to the polls

Sample Lectures Include:

• The Real Nature of Politics and Elections
• Researching the Candidates and District
• Developing a Campaign Strategy and Message
• Building Coalitions
• Voter Identification and Targeting
• Voter Contact Tactics: Phones, Mail, In Person
• Voter Contact Tactics: Social Networking and New Media
• Voter Turnout Operations

Keith and stuff
05-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Cool stuff. I've attended lots of lectures by Chris Doss. While the Leadership Institute is non-partisan and employees people that lean from neocon to pro-liberty, Chris is pro-liberty. I am thinking about attending this class even though I just got back from a 4 day Leadership Institute class.

Keith and stuff
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Good news, I will be at this workshop.

Keith and stuff
05-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I just received the email from Chris telling me which room these awesome workshop will be in. In the email, it was revealed that at least 1 Ron Paul supporter was behind bringing this workshop to Portland. Come to Portland on Saturday and Sunday and meet other Ron Paul supporters :)

Keith and stuff
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
What a great event. I really enjoyed this event. I stayed with a friend on my (a Ron Paul National delegate from Maine) on the Saturday night. He is a great man with a great family. Thank you Maine Ron Paul delegates (all of the ones I met over the weekend, anyway) for being so cool.

Keith and stuff
05-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Here is some news I learned about Maine politics at this weekend training event. You may consider the news good.

Maine (active) Voters as of 2-2012
Total 917,324
Unenrolled 335,154 37%
Democrat 294,586 32%
Republican 256,520 28%
Green 31,064 3%
http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2012/21312r-e-active.pdf

For Republicans, this is a positive change from recent years.
In 11-2008 the Maine (active) voter registration numbers were
Total 980952
Unenrolled 363312 37%
Democrat 322443 33%
Republican 263932 27%
Green 31265 3%
http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2010/20081104r-e-active.pdf

The local guy who organized the training combines Greens with Democrats when doing the comparisons.
2008 Democrat + Green = 36%
2008 Republican = 27%
9 point difference

2012 Democrat + Green = 35%
2012 Republican = 28%
7 point difference

So, if the Republicans are united in Maine, well trained, well funded, work very hard, well liked and highly motivated, they can win. Well, as long as the Democrats aren't or a combination of those factors greatly favors the Republicans (to make up for the 7 point difference.) Of course, the 37% of the voters that are unenrolled are also important. Those voters tend to lean slightly Democratic overall, so the Republicans need to overcome that.