PDA

View Full Version : Have we already won? Ron Paul's True EndGame

Adrock
05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Interesting Theory.

Most people miss the fact that Paul has already achieved his end game, or is within a few weeks of its conclusion. The aim for Paul isn't the convention, which is a mainly meaningless but entertaining exercise in American politics. The real goal was to seize control of party apparatuses in states that rely on caucuses. With that in hand, Paul's organization can direct party funds and operations to recruit and support candidates that follow Paul's platform, and in that way exert some influence on the national Republican Party as well, potentially for years to come. Paul hasn't won every battle in that fight, but Minnesota will probably end up being more the rule than the exception.

LINK (http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/227964/ron-pauls-true-endgame)

I know that Ron Paul is a pretty wise guy and this would make sense for a long term strategy. It would also explain many of the campaign moves that we haven't understood.

CPUd
05-15-2012, 07:00 PM
This is similar to what's out on CNN : cnn.com/2012/05/15/politics/ron-paul-plan/index.html

(sorry can't post links)

As they doggedly work the Republican system from the ground up, electing more of their team as delegates to the Republican National Convention, they have a heavyweight plan that's markedly different from the rumors of convention subterfuge and the guess of simply getting their candidate to the podium.

"We want to change the Republican Party," said Chris Stearns, the Virginia state director for the Ron Paul campaign. "We are making sure our people get in positions of leadership -- in the nation, in their state, in their county and city, all the way down to the grass roots level."

smartguy911
05-15-2012, 07:03 PM
NO. I just can't imagine him stopping at this point. We are winning delegates and they will be present in Florida. Only time will tell. Right now the goal is to keep winning delegates and have a strong showing at the convention.

KingNothing
05-15-2012, 07:04 PM
In a word: yes.

Paul has already won. Future elections will build on this victory, and be driven by this victory. We've already been more successful than I, Paul, or anyone else could have realistically expected.

Adrock
05-15-2012, 07:10 PM
smart guy: I definitely think we will be fighting for delegates until the end. A pleasant byproduct of this that we are also taking over much of the party structure at the state and local level.

King: Agreed that if this is the goal, he has surpassed it. I can't believe we have been contesting states like AZ. It also explains quite a bit on other fronts too.

RickyJ
05-15-2012, 07:10 PM
If we had time then I would agree, but we are on borrowed time as it is. A long-term strategy to take over is doomed to fail. Ron Paul is smart guy, he has to know this. He knows an attack on Iran will be forthcoming if either Obama or Romney win, he knows what that means as well, WW3. Ron should tell Benton to hit the road and start seriously running as a third party candidate.

Indy Vidual
05-15-2012, 07:17 PM
If we had time then I would agree, but we are on borrowed time as it is. A long-term strategy to take over is doomed to fail. Ron Paul is smart guy, he has to know this. He knows an attack on Iran will be forthcoming if either Obama or Romney win, he knows what that means as well, WW3. Ron should tell Benton to hit the road and start seriously running as a third party candidate.

Is there a direct way to ask Ron?

idiom
05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
The end goal is Congress. They make the budget. He who has the gold makes the rules.

jmdrake
05-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm less worried about an attack on Iran than I am a total economic collapse. That said, the economic collapse may be inevitable at this point.

romancito
05-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Good luck with long term strategies. It does not take in consideration how corruption permeates everything and whomever enters government/political work is twice subject to corruption. Ron Paul is the only one that seems to have resisted corruption for 40 years. Money changes everything. If Ron Paul is not nominated, then we loose. There are no Ron Paul clones. Is now or never. Or there are the OWS....

Adrock
05-15-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't really know what his plans are but this theory just put the pieces into place. It made sense to me. I remember he was telling us in 2008 to become PC's so we can get our guys into the local and state leadership positions. It would of been a lot easier to keep the vote true this time if our guys were helping to count.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Ron Paul announced in March 2008, after McCain's win of Texas put him over the top, that winning in the "conventional sense" was no longer available, and that the campaign was winding down. Paul dropped out in June.

It's May. The GOP convention is in August. So we're probably getting what we got in 2008: three months of a zombie campaign.

Revolution9
05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Ron Paul announced in March 2008, after McCain's win of Texas put him over the top, that winning in the "conventional sense" was no longer available, and that the campaign was winding down. Paul dropped out in June.

It's May. The GOP convention is in August. So we're probably getting what we got in 2008: three months of a zombie campaign.

You have always been so bright and cheery.

Rev9

ds21089
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Does anybody truly believe that at this rate, we'll live to see 2016 elections? It's now or game over.

mczerone
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry, I don't vote for party. I vote for principle.

And I'm not gonna devote time and effort into a party that doesn't want me, that doesn't look like is going to come anywhere close to running people like RP in the future, and is rightly despised by a large contingent of independents.

I hope that you people are successful in changing the climate in the GOP, but I'm taking my efforts where I think they'll be more rewarding.

ninepointfive
05-15-2012, 10:00 PM
No, because if this were his strategy - we'd follow through to the very end. Doing this now, only discourages our RNC delegates from raising the funds and taking the time to travel to TAMPA... and if by air, be molested on the way over.

Mini-Me
05-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Does anybody truly believe that at this rate, we'll live to see 2016 elections? It's now or game over.

I agree with fighting "as if" it's "now or game over," but I do believe we'll live to see the 2016 elections too. Many didn't think we'd live to see 2008 elections, let alone 2012, so at this rate we're probably good for a few more. ;)

Fredom101
05-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Indy run now!

fj45lvr
05-16-2012, 01:48 AM
taking over a ship of fools.... hope they can educate these fools otherwise it is just a FAIL in the long-run

juvanya
05-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Disregard presidency; acquire party. I like it.

juvanya
05-16-2012, 02:07 AM
taking over a ship of fools.... hope they can educate these fools otherwise it is just a FAIL in the long-runWere taking it over and throwing the bastards into the sea. Like the rats they are Im sure theyll find some island.

Zarn Solen
05-16-2012, 05:38 AM
A argue portion of the Republican party can be swayed, as soon as you get rid of those annoying puppet masters. Local overthrows are key to that. Build, build, and build some more. I wouldn't let Romney have the nomination easily, either.

I also have been hearing about some evangelical and Protestant leaders being upset with Romney to the point where they are willing to back Paul. If this was true, connecting with these people would be vital for a political party turnaround. I'm Catholic, so I'm not the best person to engage with any of these people. There is a window for discussion there.

libertygrl
05-16-2012, 08:42 AM

My head is spinning. I'm really confused about all this and don't know how to react. Like you wrote, our country is running out of time. Even Mrs. Paul has stated that her husband is running because he is really worried about something bad happening to our country. At least with Dr. Paul as Pres., our civil liberties would stand a better chance compared to what is happening now.

I mean, look at all the recent dangerous legislation that has been passed, and how we are turning into a Police State (if we aren't already.) The noose is getting tighter and tighter on us. If Dr. Paul doesn't get in, we don't have time planning for future candidates. How do we address this issue???? :confused:

airborne373
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Interesting Theory.

Most people miss the fact that Paul has already achieved his end game, or is within a few weeks of its conclusion. The aim for Paul isn't the convention, which is a mainly meaningless but entertaining exercise in American politics. The real goal was to seize control of party apparatuses in states that rely on caucuses. With that in hand, Paul's organization can direct party funds and operations to recruit and support candidates that follow Paul's platform, and in that way exert some influence on the national Republican Party as well, potentially for years to come. Paul hasn't won every battle in that fight, but Minnesota will probably end up being more the rule than the exception.

I know that Ron Paul is a pretty wise guy and this would make sense for a long term strategy. It would also explain many of the campaign moves that we haven't understood.

The real work is at the county and state level you hit the nail on the head. The movement is piling up victories faster than they can be appreciated. Take the long view its easier on the digestion. :)

Agorism
05-16-2012, 08:53 AM
No,

All we did is increase our organization a bit for 2016..

dusman
05-16-2012, 09:04 AM

And I'm not gonna devote time and effort into a party that doesn't want me, that doesn't look like is going to come anywhere close to running people like RP in the future, and is rightly despised by a large contingent of independents.

I hope that you people are successful in changing the climate in the GOP, but I'm taking my efforts where I think they'll be more rewarding.

Where would that be exactly? You are free to work against the grain, but I don't exactly see how that benefits the movement.

I vote for party if it is where those in this movement reside and likewise vote on principle.

BrendenR
05-16-2012, 09:18 AM
We couldn't pull together to win a state senate seat for Gunny, yet we're going to take over the party?

I suppose we have a lot stronger organizations in other States. But, I'm really bitter about Gunny's race.

ClydeCoulter
05-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Let me ask this,
Would a President Paul make it easier to change the party?

dusman
05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
We couldn't pull together to win a state senate seat for Gunny, yet we're going to take over the party?

I suppose we have a lot stronger organizations in other States. But, I'm really bitter about Gunny's race.

You have to see the progress we've already made. If you openly acknowledge our success there and not focus on our tough losses, you will see we are easily on track to take over the GOP.

hrdman2luv
05-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Interesting Theory.

I donated my money to help him become the president. Period. End of story.

hrdman2luv
05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Let me ask this,
Would a President Paul make it easier to change the party?

Very much so. Because he's the president, he will have more air time. He will have 4 years to expose much of the corruption within the GOP. To expose those that aren't truely conservative. Which is the biggest problem with the republican party now. There is not enough conservatism in the republican party.

This is the only reason I decided to support the republican party. Otherwise, I'd still be with the Libertarian Party.

FSP-Rebel
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM

Don't cut yourself short. I'm not sure what part of Washtenaw you're in but Tony and crew have already gotten most of the control of one of the CDs in your area if not outright control. Hence they will determine what kind of republican runs in the elections. Of course if you're going the Free State Project route there's not much I can blame you for.;)

Aratus
05-16-2012, 06:36 PM
we are the future