PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Revolution

ProBlue33
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
So Ron Paul started a grassroots revolution in 2007, people get hurt in revolutions, if not physically at least mentally and emotionally.
Is there disrespect thrown about in a Revolution?
You know the answer.
My point is Ron Paul seems to not want to back the revolutionary process occurring at the caucuses right now, he is scared people's feelings might get hurt.

This is a political revolution, of course there is going to be disrespect for stupidity and cagy tricks.
What did he really expect the neocon's would welcome everybody with open arms?

Now it's up to the front line grassroots to continue fighting this, with every weapon available, disrespect is one such weapon, not to be used lightly, but if people are going act stupid and break rules then they deserve no respect either.

I saw today Ron Paul will appear at state conventions now, this is an excellent strategy maybe we will win a few more delegates over, regardless the power of this revolution is firmly in the hands of the grassroots, it always was, but now it really is, more than ever.

And if Ron Paul doesn't want delegates going rogue, he can't change what he started not this late in the game.
Revolutions have unpredictable variables, sometimes you achieve goals but not in the most pleasant of manners.

The perception may be, I am not sure of the reality, that Ron Paul has decided he can't win, so why burn bridges now, bridges that his son will need to cross in 2016. I admire that, great, but be honest with people, who don't want to waste there money time and effort on 2012 if this really what is going down. Maybe the point is, if he can't win to build the structure for his son in 2016, and in those terms he has achieved his goal to further the movement.

I still think even if he can't win he should try for as many delegates as possible, imagine a vote of 750 delegates for Paul in the first round, not a win, but bankable political power for Rand in 2016. And a clear message sent. So what if some peoples feelings get hurt, this is a revolution.