PDA

View Full Version : Received Romney Fundraising Mailer Today - was deal made & mailing list shared?(mod: NO.)

Tim724
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Through my RP activities I have made on a few miscellaneous conservative mailing lists, but not too many. Today I just received my first Romney campaign mailer ever. Given the recent campaign announcements, I can't help but think maybe negotiations are being had, and maybe the RP campaign gave the Romney campaign their mailing list of donors as part of some dealing?

Did anyone else just receive a Romney fundraising mailer?

I'm not one of these people who think there is always some dark complex secret plans with campaign developments, but do think this is a distinct possibility. I don't think there is any way in hell Dr Paul will ever endorse Romney, but I could see the RP camp sharing their mailing list as a harmless, goodwill "concession," knowing that 97% of supporters will immediately toss any Romney solicitations anyway.

Shelby-villian
05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Did you register as a Republican?

Why do you have to be negative and imply some sort of deal was made? Especially at a time like this when things are negative enough already.

tsai3904
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
The campaign can't just share mailing lists with other campaigns. The FEC views campaign lists as assets and if the Romney campaign wants it, they have to pay for it. If that happens, it will be noted in FEC records.

Tim724
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes, I am a registered republican. I suppose that's the simplest explanation.

@ tsai3904 - ok, good point.

I don't believe there is any "grand deal" were RP has agreed to not pursue the nomination, but I do think it would be natural for there to be some dealings amongst RP campaign, Romney, and RNC and perhaps this would be part of that (though tsai's point would say no)

nano1895
05-15-2012, 04:44 PM
other people have posted before about receiving mailings from bachmann, cain, perry, romney, all the others before this news broke out so I don't the two are related.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Does Paul use RNC email lists as fundraising lists? Is he allowed to? Is this part of the same problem with regard to an unchosen candidate working with the RNC?

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-15-2012, 05:16 PM
If you donate, they can get your address that way among others. We have a fundraising letter from Romney with a romney ID like card attached. Kept it in case we need to go stealth.. :)

juvanya
05-16-2012, 12:27 AM
This is why I have begun to employ "tracers". Put a letter at the end of you name when you sign up for some subscription, like N for Nat Geo. So Bob Jones would be Bobn Jones. Its all computerized, so they just pass around databases automatically and dont check anything. Then when you get a solicitation from the Smithsonian for Bobn Jones, you know who sold out on you. I did this with Ron Paul, so Ill let you know if I get any Romney mail with a tracer.

I have been getting Republican mailings for awhile since being registered as one in 2010. They buy the lists of voters, so thats probably what happened.

speciallyblend
05-16-2012, 12:58 AM
send them a brick for a donation!

fr33
05-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Print out Ron Paul rEVOLution graphics and mail it back.
That's what I did.

LibertyEagle
05-16-2012, 01:42 AM
It took 2 seconds to toss it. Which is what I did.

FlipObamney
05-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Print out Ron Paul rEVOLution graphics and mail it back.
That's what I did.

"Return to Sender"

juvanya
05-16-2012, 02:00 AM
"Return to Sender"There was some president or future president who did that and it was informing him of his nomination or something.

EBounding
05-16-2012, 07:07 AM
I received a photo of Romney standing next to a barn.

airborne373
05-16-2012, 07:10 AM
If you donated to the Ron Paul Campaign you are on the FEC as a Republican donor. Expect more political mail. :)

KingNothing
05-16-2012, 07:12 AM
This is why I have begun to employ "tracers". Put a letter at the end of you name when you sign up for some subscription, like N for Nat Geo. So Bob Jones would be Bobn Jones. Its all computerized, so they just pass around databases automatically and dont check anything. Then when you get a solicitation from the Smithsonian for Bobn Jones, you know who sold out on you. I did this with Ron Paul, so Ill let you know if I get any Romney mail with a tracer.

I have been getting Republican mailings for awhile since being registered as one in 2010. They buy the lists of voters, so thats probably what happened.

That's a really, really good idea. I think I'll start doing that.

TonySutton
05-16-2012, 07:13 AM
I got a nice letter from Romney with a picture yesterday in the mail. I stapled it onto my dart board :P

Kage127
05-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I haven't seen any mail but have received phone calls from Newt, Rick and just recently from the Romney campaign asking for money. I managed to keep the Romney guy on the phone for about 20 minutes. I asked him why I should donate to Romney and his only reason was "He's not Obama". I told him there are a lot of people who aren't Obama and I can't give them all money. Then I told him a couple of things I disagreed with Romney about and he told me that "you can't expect to agree with a candidate on everything". So I responded if he wants my money I better agree with him on most things. The conversation kind of went down hill from there. It was good for a cheap laugh. It made me sad that the only selling point for Romney was "he's not Obama".

sailingaway
05-16-2012, 07:49 AM
No, I got one before this one, too. The GOP is joint fundraising with him, remember? Which means they have your name and address and gave it to him. I just tossed it with the other junk.

Romulus
05-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I received a photo of Romney standing next to a barn.

They had to photoshop out the grand ballroom and mansion and put a farm in the background.

shane77m
05-16-2012, 12:01 PM
It made me sad that the only selling point for Romney was "he's not Obama".

That is all that Romney supporters know.

juvanya
05-18-2012, 11:53 PM
That is all that Romney supporters know.It just shows how dumb people are or how much of hacks they are. Some can be woken from their stupor (I think), many cannot.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Kage127
It made me sad that the only selling point for Romney was "he's not Obama".

That is all that Romney supporters know.

How do they know? I mean people don't even know where Obama was born or have access to his early records, and Romney was listed as having died in 1968 in France, and Romney's father may never have gotten his citizenship here from Mexico.

I mean, how do they even know they aren't related or raised in some test tube together from these records.

Tiso0770
05-19-2012, 12:40 AM
I got one of those, mine had a picture of Mitt, so i gave it to my 4 year old and told her to make him a Pirate, she did a good job with the eye patch and blacked out front teeth. after about 5 hours, i was cleaning up the kitty litter but could not find the scooper, so i grabbed the next best thing which happened to be sitting on the table next to me. Thanks mitt for helping me clean the crap outta my cat box.

No1butPaul
05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
The only conservative mailing list I am on is Ron Paul's -- I am disheartened because I can't see any other way Mitt Romney got my address to send a letter. Maybe the public information from donations, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't have my address. Very bummed about this because I believe the list was sold. Hope I'm wrong, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.