PDA

View Full Version : Jesse's emails

Publicani
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
aa

alucard13mmfmj
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
i think we are reading way too much into these emails.. everyone is. although, it does seem particular that everything the campaign/benton said in the last few days have been scrutinized....

JWZguy
05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved doesn't mean reviewed.

angelatc
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
We always listen to every damned thing that comes from the campaign as well as the candidate. We're Ron Paul geeks, in case there's some confusion about that. We're like the Star Trek fans that analyze the color of the lights on the outside of the Romulan ships.

But I'm no convinced that all the emails are approved by Paul. Historically, he has been lax with that.

RickyJ
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
That's it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Unless you think that Ron is completely incompetent.

I suspect with this exit Ron has lost his place in history as the greatest freedom fighter.

NOT LIKE THIS! NOT LIKE THIS!

I regret I sent money to the campaign.

Do have proof that Ron Paul approved of them all? I doubt it. Benton needs to be fired now!

Publicani
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
aa

Dogsoldier
05-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Please stop the negative comments and focus on the delegate strategy.Please.

sailingaway
05-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Ron's belief in individual liberty and lack of top down pressure gives more leeway to those under him in his campaign. Or as he has put it in interviews, he does what he does and the campaign runs the campaign and tells him where to show up.

sailingaway
05-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Why is Ron silent, uh?

He likely doesn't even know the level of furor and wouldn't want to add to it. He won't be, forever.

kathy88
05-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Approved doesn't mean reviewed.

Like the newsletters? *ducking* JUST KIDDING.

angelatc
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
He likely doesn't even know the level of furor and wouldn't want to add to it. He won't be, forever.

Eventually he'll come out, talk to us, and it will all be ok again.

Publicani
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM
aa

kathy88
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM

I think THIS. I think he's not being given all the info. We know he's not going to listen to the MSM, but he may read something, and call Benton, and be like, "What's this about?" and not get the straight scoop in return.

angelatc
05-15-2012, 02:20 PM
"Napoleon had denounced such ideas as contrary to the spirit of Animalism. The truest happiness, he said, lay in working hard and living frugally."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 10

We should denounce negative comments and work harder, right?

"Speak softly and carry a big stick." To whack Jesse Benton with when he says stupid things.

Publicani
05-15-2012, 02:20 PM
aa

angelatc
05-15-2012, 02:21 PM
I think THIS. I think he's not being given all the info. We know he's not going to listen to the MSM, but he may read something, and call Benton, and be like, "What's this about?" and not get the straight scoop in return.

Paul has often been criticized for not properly overseeing his staff. We already know that's true. But Benton has been around long enough to know what we are.

thoughtomator
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I understand that people have a little difficulty coping with rapid change, but don't cast aspersions on the campaign. They've done a heck of a job under unprecedented circumstances.

The Liberty Revolution is all grown up now - Papa Ron has taught us the skills we need to make it in the world all on our own. The baby liberty movement he so lovingly raised is no longer a child.

The cord is being cut as we speak; this previously-adolescent movement is now a full fledged adult. This is no time to cower and run home to Mommy - this is the time to prove that we did learn and that we will make Dad proud.

And we will. We are as inevitable as the tides and the rising of the Sun. Embrace the glory of our destiny - this is no time for fear and doubt.

Diashi
05-15-2012, 02:27 PM
This was an overreaction. Nothing has changed: We're still taking states and Paul is still running. Every state we take prevents Romney from getting to his 1144 threshold.

RickyJ
05-15-2012, 02:29 PM
This was an overreaction. Nothing has changed: We're still taking states and Paul is still running. Every state we take prevents Romney from getting to his 1144 threshold.

We would be much better off if Benton would just shut up! Yes we are winning, despite Jesse Benton!

Publicani
05-15-2012, 02:38 PM
aa

anewvoice
05-15-2012, 03:21 PM
We would be much better off if Benton would just shut up! Yes we are winning, despite Jesse Benton!

This

The e-mails serve no purpose for us, nothing at all. They clarify something we don't need clarification on. It's stunted great momentum, and changed the story from conquering conventions to suspending campaign. For us, the timing is a disaster, the message is demoralizing and its caused a furor which will kill the moneybomb tomorrow (yes, I'm donating).

What this tells me is, the e-mails were not targetting us. But to what end they were sent I cannot discern. I'm along for the ride so I'll withhold judgment until after but I sure hope there is a reason for this unwarranted action.

Mckarnin
05-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Ron Paul has some major strengths that are seriously lacking in most candidates for the presidency, most notably his integrity, his intelligence and his ability to stand up for something that's right even when he is the lone voice doing so.

But you know, Ron Paul is no CEO. When you are running a campaign and have such strong grassroots support you need to keep a tight hold on your own ship so that at least officially you stay on message and present yourself properly. I have despised the nepotism exhibited by the campaign ever since I first began hearing of and trying to work with the "friends and family" RP campaign staff in 2008.

Hopefully future freedom candidates will have excellent people management skills. If not hopefully they'll understand that they need to go to the market and find a campaign manager with excellent management skills to supplement theirs rather than someone who needs a manager but instead gets to do whatever the heck he wants because there is next to no real oversight. In addition core campaign staff must have a high enough level of skill and personal integrity that they will support their candidate 100% as long as they are his employ. This hint dropping, establishment brown nosing on the side, trying to lay the groundwork for your next job when you haven't completed your current job type crap that some members of the RP staff appear to be doing reeks of an insecure and under-skilled campaign worker who wouldn't be competitive for their current job in the market.

Also, note to Ron Paul and other freedom candidate hopefuls..embracing personal liberty is not incompatible with requiring a high degree of personal accountability when it comes to your employee's execution of the duties for which they are paid.

Publicani
05-15-2012, 03:31 PM
aa

susano
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Ron Paul has some major strengths that are seriously lacking in most candidates for the presidency, most notably his integrity, his intelligence and his ability to stand up for something that's right even when he is the lone voice doing so.

But you know, Ron Paul is no CEO. When you are running a campaign and have such strong grassroots support you need to keep a tight hold on your own ship so that at least officially you stay on message and present yourself properly. I have despised the nepotism exhibited by the campaign ever since I first began hearing of and trying to work with the "friends and family" RP campaign staff in 2008.

Hopefully future freedom candidates will have excellent people management skills. If not hopefully they'll understand that they need to go to the market and find a campaign manager with excellent management skills to supplement theirs rather than someone who needs a manager but instead gets to do whatever the heck he wants because there is next to no real oversight. In addition core campaign staff must have a high enough level of skill and personal integrity that they will support their candidate 100% as long as they are his employ. This hint dropping, establishment brown nosing on the side, trying to lay the groundwork for your next job when you haven't completed your current job type crap that some members of the RP staff appear to be doing reeks of an insecure and under-skilled campaign worker who wouldn't be competitive for their current job in the market.

Also, note to Ron Paul and other freedom candidate hopefuls..embracing personal liberty is not incompatible with requiring a high degree of personal accountability when it comes to your employee's execution of the duties for which they are paid.

Well said and I couldn't agree more with ALL of it.

Oh, and the OP is full of shit. OP makes a statement of fact about something he knows nothing about. Ron Paul is not a manager, let alone a micro-manager approving emails!

Athan
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
We always listen to every damned thing that comes from the campaign as well as the candidate. We're Ron Paul geeks, in case there's some confusion about that. We're like the Star Trek fans that analyze the color of the lights on the outside of the Romulan ships.

But I'm no convinced that all the emails are approved by Paul. Historically, he has been lax with that.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Don't you DARE compare me to a Trekkie Angelatc! As a Star Wars "fan", you have drawn first blood, and just earned a -REP!
You vile... scruffy looking nerf herder!

Athan
05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
...*sigh*

I need to calm down. This whole Benton thing is making me snappy. Like some sort of klingon worshipping trekkie. Deep breaths. Happy thoughts. Serenity now.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-15-2012, 04:00 PM
All Jesse's emails has been approved by Ron Paul

That's it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Unless you think that Ron is completely incompetent.

I suspect with this exit Ron has lost his place in history as the greatest freedom fighter.

NOT LIKE THIS! NOT LIKE THIS!

I regret I sent money to the campaign.

I don't. I'll be sending more on the 17th than I planned to otherwise. This was never going to be easy.

Keep fighting.

Mckarnin
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I completely agree that in theory it is fine to have family working for you and non-family can be idiots. The problem is when family are idiots their firing/replacement will almost always be delayed much longer than that of a non-family member ever would be. Also, I would always be hesitant to hire family members when the funds they will be paid out of are donations entrusted to me rather than profits from my business. To hire family in a nationally publicized donation funded situation I would want them to be at the top of their game in the field to the extent that it seems "stupid not to hire one of the best _______ just because they're family".

There's nothing wrong with family members working for you. There are plenty of idiots among non-relatives as well.
I can't imagine this series of emails haven't been reviewed and approved by RP. Especially because they were not needed.

Whatever the price he got for the emails, it was too small.

Never before I saw Ron Paul made such a clear mistake!

Dogsoldier
05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Did anyone see that thread about the art of war?

"Put the army in the face of death where there is no escape and they will not flee or be afraid.There is nothing they cannot achieve."-The art of war

Well?Are we not in the face of death now with these recent happenings?

I'm gonna bring that thread back up!

Mini-Me
05-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I completely agree that in theory it is fine to have family working for you and non-family can be idiots. The problem is when family are idiots their firing/replacement will almost always be delayed much longer than that of a non-family member ever would be. Also, I would always be hesitant to hire family members when the funds they will be paid out of are donations entrusted to me rather than profits from my business. To hire family in a nationally publicized donation funded situation I would want them to be at the top of their game in the field to the extent that it seems "stupid not to hire one of the best _______ just because they're family".

I think the biggest reason Ron Paul relies on family is because he wants someone he personally knows and trusts not to sell him out at a critical moment. I think he's aware that mercenaries would easily pull a Judas ("misunderstood Judas" interpretations aside) and sell him out without hesitation for a higher paycheck or promise from a powerful, entrenched figure. As a result, he has to settle for someone he knows, which drastically limits the competency range of his candidate pool.

Heck, even today, people are insinuating that Benton has deliberately sold him out at a critical moment, so just imagine what might happen have happened if Karl Rove were his campaign manager. ;)

JK/SEA
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Its not easy is it Patriots?

We keep going. They will have to put us all in jail, or worse. Clear the table, take a deep breathe. We've come too far to just give in to adversity, and perceived treachery, real or imagined. We are most likely in the most critical crossroad in this nations history. To say otherwise is treasonous, and to give up now is worthy of at least a severe flogging.

Mckarnin
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I think the biggest reason Ron Paul relies on family is because he wants someone he personally knows and trusts not to sell him out at a critical moment. I think he's aware that mercenaries would easily pull a Judas ("misunderstood Judas" interpretations aside) and sell him out without hesitation for a higher paycheck or promise from a powerful, entrenched figure. As a result, he has to settle for someone he knows, which drastically limits the competency range of his candidate pool.

Heck, even today, people are insinuating that Benton has deliberately sold him out at a critical moment, so just imagine what might happen have happened if Karl Rove were his campaign manager. ;)

Yes and no. I understand thinking of family as more trustworthy but I don't think that is necessarily true. Unskilled family members have a vested financial interest in leveraging what they do for Ron Paul into a significantly better job after the campaign is over and may be tempted to sell out or signal potential buyers with hints of disloyalty. Someone extremely skilled, who takes pride in their work as a campaign manager would probably take some professional pride in anything they could do to get a "fringe" candidate like Ron Paul exposure, media attention, etc even if they don't agree with him.

Mini-Me
05-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes and no. I understand thinking of family as more trustworthy but I don't think that is necessarily true. Unskilled family members have a vested financial interest in leveraging what they do for Ron Paul into a significantly better job after the campaign is over and may be tempted to sell out or signal potential buyers with hints of disloyalty. Someone extremely skilled, who takes pride in their work as a campaign manager would probably take some professional pride in anything they could do to get a "fringe" candidate like Ron Paul exposure, media attention, etc even if they don't agree with him.

Perhaps. I think the point is that the trust issue is important and tricky to navigate though, so it's hard for me to fault Paul too much for sticking with "the devil he knew" instead of risking the devil he didn't know. I personally would have given Doug Wead more authority than Benton, and it's easy to see what Benton has mishandled, but we have no way of knowing for sure what might have lied beyond the other door either.

Granted, I would fault Ron Paul for not taking greater personal agency over his campaign. It would be nice if he were more attentive about these things and took the attitude: "Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." ;) His biggest flaw has always been trusting his underlings without holding them accountable, which is why I say he has more in common with Warren Harding than his delegate-based campaign strategy or general goodness. All that said, I don't think this is the time for focusing on that: We can cast blame when the dust settles and we know our heads from our asses, but in the meantime, we have more pressing matters to attend to, and maintaining morale is not the least of them.