PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Ron Paul rules out endorsing Libertarian Gary Johnson | The Daily Caller -

sailingaway
05-15-2012, 12:43 PM
http://t.co/m9UtUgQ5

rockandrollsouls
05-15-2012, 05:54 PM
You should update this to read "Ron Paul CAMPAIGN"

Only reason he won't personally come out and endorse should we not win the nomination is because of Rand. It would discredit what we've done in the party thus far.

I'd be shocked if he didn't personally vote for Gary in the election, though.

qh4dotcom
05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever as Ron Paul DID ENDORSE the 2008 Libertarian nominee back in September 2008...and three other 3rd party candidates. He went as far as to hold a press conference to discourage his supporters from voting for "the two evils" and gave them the 3rd party option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1LMoWqXrE4

Someone should call out Benton on this...why did Barr get his endorsement but Johnson doesn't deserve it....RP was discouraging his supporters from voting for the two evil candidates in 2008...and in 2012 things have changed?

BUSHLIED
05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever as Ron Paul DID ENDORSE the 2008 Libertarian nominee back in September 2008...and three other 3rd party candidates. He went as far as to hold a press conference to discourage his supporters from voting for "the two evils" and gave them the 3rd party option.

Someone should call out Benton on this...why did Barr get his endorsement but Johnson doesn't deserve it....RP was discouraging his supporters from voting for the two evil candidates in 2008...and in 2012 things have changed?

It's called my son Rand is now a US Senator so I don't want to undercut his political future in the GOP. Plain and simple. Seems like Ron is tempering himself now that his career is all but over come Jan.

qh4dotcom
05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
It's called my son Rand is now a US Senator so I don't want to undercut his political future in the GOP. Plain and simple. Seems like Ron is tempering himself now that his career is all but over come Jan.

Well then why won't the 2008 video of Ron Paul endorsing four 3rd party candidates undercut Rand's political future in the GOP?
Why is endorsing the 3rd party candidates in 2008 not bad for Rand's future in the GOP but doing it again in 2012 bad for Rand's future? Doesn't make any sense.

rambone
05-15-2012, 08:49 PM

CORRECTION: He DID NOT endorse Bob Barr (L)... he DID endorse Chuck Baldwin (C) in 2008.

rambone
05-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't understand Ron Paul's endorsement would matter in the slightest for Rand Paul's political future.

The Establishment is going to fight Rand Paul tooth and nail no matter who Ron Paul endorses this year.

The only way the Establishment is gonna give Rand Paul preferable treatment is if Rand Paul rolls over and supports the Establishment.

Acting as if Ron's pick in president is somehow going to change the minds of people who hate him, and everything he stands for, is a joke.

Oh, sure, we like you and your libertarian ideas, Rand. But back in the 2012 election, your dad endorsed Gary Johnson. If only he would have endorsed Romney, we'd be rolling out the red carpet for you.

Get real!

Pisces
05-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't understand Ron Paul's endorsement would matter in the slightest for Rand Paul's political future.

The Establishment is going to fight Rand Paul tooth and nail no matter who Ron Paul endorses this year.

The only way the Establishment is gonna give Rand Paul preferable treatment is if Rand Paul rolls over and supports the Establishment.

Acting as if Ron's pick in president is somehow going to change the minds of people who hate him, and everything he stands for, is a joke.

Oh, sure, we like you and your libertarian ideas, Rand. But back in the 2012 election, your dad endorsed Gary Johnson. If only he would have endorsed Romney, we'd be rolling out the red carpet for you.

Get real!

If their concern is Rand, its not the opinion of the establishment they are worried about but the opinion of rank and file Republicans. If Obama wins the election, the establishment will be looking for a scapegoat to absolve themselves of blame. If they can blame the loss on the Pauls, they will and a lot of ordinary voters will probably be fooled.

Indy Vidual
05-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Bad re-run from 2008, let it go....

trey4sports
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
ohhh they got several things wrong in that story.

Mainly the idea that we MIGHT vote for Romney if he throws a bone at us...

oh yeah, and this idea that we will "sit on our hands" isn't right either.....

many of us will actively campaign to make sure Romney LOSES! The GOP needs a cleansing!

ryanmkeisling
05-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Barr never showed for the press conference; he left Ron high and dry. Ron was supposedly miffed by this move. I think Baldwin got the official endorsement, but Ron did endorse all the other 3d party candidates as better votes than the two main parties. Mckinny, Baldwin, and Nader were there

Drex
05-15-2012, 09:36 PM
If Ron even hints at endorsing Romney over Johnson I will be disappointed. I am glad he endorsed Baldwin in 08

Shotdown1027
05-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Endorsing Johnson would be fine. Not endorsing Johnson is fine too. Doesn't really effect much either way, to be honest.

I'll vote for Johnson and encourage others to.

qh4dotcom
05-16-2012, 07:10 AM
CORRECTION: He DID NOT endorse Bob Barr (L)... he DID endorse Chuck Baldwin (C) in 2008.

Technically true because Barr did not show up at the press conference...but he had planned to endorse him and had every intention of doing so...he was endorsing all third party candidates.

helmuth_hubener
05-16-2012, 07:41 AM
He did endorse Barr even though Barr didn't show up at the press conference, but then Barr was berating Ron for not out-and-out choosing one candidate (assuming that if he did, he would be the one to get the endorsement) and generally acting obnoxiously, so finally Ron took him up on it and endorsed Baldwin in particular, while still endorsing all 4 of the third party candidates as better than the other two, and encouraging all his supporters to vote for one of them.