PDA

View Full Version : "barring something very unforeseen"

RobHino
05-15-2012, 12:04 PM
EDIT: The following comments are NOT about Benton or campaign strategy...they're about current events which seem to indicate that we are in the midst of a dollar collapse and it may be closer than we all suspect...and in that scenario, all bets are off with the election.

EDIT 2: I copied and pasted most of this from a comment below from a post I made several months ago on the DP...I didn't mean to make this about buying gold and silver either as a protection against a dollar collapse. Someone pointed out that potatoes would be better if that happened, and I agree. The gold and silver reference was in response to the original topic I posted this on several months ago on the DP.

"To be great is to be misunderstoood!" - Emerson

http://www.dailypaul.com/233660/barring-something-very-unforeseen

Let's look a little closer at Benton's quote, "barring something very unforeseen"...I think this is the most important quote in the email.

What could that unforeseen event be?! Perhaps something RP has been preaching about and predicting for decades.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/business/global/china-and-japan-in-currency-agreement.html?_r=1

Watch the video below, and look at what China has being doing since 2008. Please keep this thread bumped. This is major stuff here. Go buy gold and silver NOW! I'm guessing war with Iran, stock market crash, hedge fund gold and silver sell off to recoup stock market losses, gold and silver drop due to increased market supply and then SOAR to record highs because of hyper inflation as all the money over seas floods in chasing anything that is worth anything.

When the US Dollar will collapse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enm0CBx52g4&feature=youtu.be

China and Russia Quit Dollar
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

China and Japan Currency Agreement
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/business/global/china-and-japan-in-currency-agreement.html?_r=1

China, Pakistan sign currency swap agreement
http://tribune.com.pk/story/311206/pakistan-china-sign-currency-swap-agreement/

China, Argentina reach agreement on currency swap
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=amo3z_441h7g&refer=home

China, Japan, South Korea, ASEAN Agree on Wider Currency Swap Arrangements
http://www.asean.org/afp/113.htm

China and Indonesia sign currency swap agreement
http://www.asiaecon.org/special_articles/read_sp/12803

China and New Zealand reach currency swap agreement worth 25 billion yuan
http://english.pravda.ru/news/business/18-04-2011/117601-china-0/

China, Malaysia agree currency swap
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific_business/view/407713/1/.html

China signs currency swap deal with Uzbekistan
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2011-04/19/content_12356592.htm

China, Thailand sign currency swap agreement
http://english.people.com.cn/90883/7687595.html

China and Turkey to Shun the Dollar
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704657304575539592036945472.html

China, Singapore Sign Bilateral Currency Swap Agreement
http://en.21cbh.com/HTML/2010-7-23/Currency-Swap.html

China, Kazakhstan sign currency swap deal
http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90776/90883/7409000.html

CaptUSA
05-15-2012, 12:06 PM
"So you're saying there's a chance..."

really, I don't think Benton parsed that phrase anywhere near as much as you would like. It was just a way of saying that Romney hasn't won yet, but it looks like he's going to.

brandon
05-15-2012, 12:08 PM
You're reading wayyyy too much into that.

RobHino
05-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Sort of...I'm suggesting in a severe market collapse, all bets are off.

RobHino
05-15-2012, 12:12 PM

I'm not reading into anything...this is all research I've been following for a long time. I didn't mean to suggest that Benton was doing this on purpose, but rather speculating that the eminent market collapse may be closer than we realize.

pen_thief
Anything is possible, that I do believe.
At the same time, I really think us Paul supporters overthink things way too much. We read between lines and get ourselves believing things that never did or never will happen. For the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to listen to Ron Paul and Ron Paul only. I don't trust Benton anymore, and I'm just going to expand that policy to anyone in Paul's circle from now on, except for Carol!

The only question in my mind right now is "What (or who) prompted this, really?"

openfire

I'm not reading into anything...this is all research I've been following for a long time. I didn't mean to suggest that Benton was doing this on purpose, but rather speculating that the eminent market collapse may be closer than we realize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

rockandrollsouls
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
You are the definition of "tin foil hat." :rolleyes:

Tyler_Durden
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
The thought that crossed my mind is........our delegates show up at the state conventions and theirs don't. That would be a game changer.....

specsaregood
05-15-2012, 12:17 PM

It is a stretch; but I seem to recall Paul saying something last year about the big market problems taking place in the summer.

mport1
05-15-2012, 12:18 PM

This.

RobHino
05-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Why, because I set up Google Alerts to monitor currency swap agreements? Because I read a lot about economics and monetary policy? Because I presented several reputable source that show China and other nations are leaving the dollar NOW?

I didn't mean for this thread to be conspiratorial....I presented several articles which couldn't have been read this quick by this body.

TheGrinch
05-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure he's reading any more into what could be unforeseen circumstances (that could be alot of different contingencies) as much as people are reading too much into what Benton is saying.

Seems to me that they've run the numbers and polling, and barring anything unforeseen (who knows, that could mean something could happen to keep Romney from 1144 or at the convention too), that it's going to be extremely unlikely... So unless someone can show me that their math is completely bunk, then I have no idea why you all think this is a matter of Jesse and people being traitors. You're letting your previous feelings about him get in the way with clear reason for why they're being honest about everything going forward.

We don't have cash to campaign and it may be too late to stop Romney (barring something unforeseen). I'm not sure how any of this is shocking, but it doesn't change our strategy. This has always been an uphill battle.

rockandrollsouls
05-15-2012, 12:22 PM
No, there's nothing in Benton's statement meant to be read between the lines.

Anyone could grab random articles and piece together a half-assed theory. You took a statement that meant something in one context, took it to mean something in another context, and found random articles from different sources to try to support your claim. It doesn't make any sense at ALL.

Further, you can read all you want on "economics," but I've studied it and have posted regularly at times here regarding it and I've been 100% correct. When everyone was saying the dollar was going to collapse completely and we'd all be survivalists...I said it wouldn't happen.

Some of you just can't put things into perspective. Incredibly unlikely there will be any major, sudden collapse. Instead, the goal of the elite is to slowly starve us financially. Anyone with eye's can see it happening, and if you want to kill a frog you put it in cold water first and slowly turn up the temp.

Why, because I set up Google Alerts to monitor currency swap agreements? Because I read a lot about economics and monetary policy? Because I presented several reputable source that show China and other nations are leaving the dollar NOW?

I didn't mean for this thread to be conspiratorial....I presented several articles which couldn't have been read this quick by this body.

jcannon98188
05-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Anyone could grab random articles and piece together a half-assed theory. You took a statement that meant something in one context, took it to mean something in another context, and found random articles from different sources to try to support your claim. It doesn't make any sense at ALL.

Further, you can read all you want on "economics," but I've studied it and have posted regularly at times here regarding it and I've been 100% correct. When everyone was saying the dollar was going to collapse completely and we'd all be survivalists...I said it wouldn't happen.

Some of you just can't put things into perspective. Incredibly unlikely there will be any major, sudden collapse. Instead, the goal of the elite is to slowly starve us financially. Anyone with eye's can see it happening, and if you want to kill a frog you put it in cold water first and slowly turn up the temp.

Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean it will not happen.

openfire
05-15-2012, 12:29 PM
I might add that even if the dollar were to collapse, the sheep would STILL vote for Romney... Remember (cough) Romney "knows" how the economy works, right? So to me it is an invalid theory.

IMO the only type of "unforeseen" event that Benton was referring to that could destroy Romney's chances would be something like a HUGE scandal, think Herman Cain.

rockandrollsouls
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
If you study statistics, mathematics, history, and economics you'd know it probably never will happen. Incredibly immense forces in all areas would be needed for an extreme and sudden collapse.

Instead, you have a trend of inflation, devaluation, and wealth disparity. Typically, trends continue, and they are steady.

Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean it will not happen.

kathy88
05-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Romney getting arrested for election fraud would be unforeseen. I'm just sayin'.

tbone717
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
The only question in my mind right now is "What (or who) prompted this, really?"

My personal opinion is that it was announced yesterday and today because of the upcoming money bomb. Benton pointed out that Romney is within 200 delegates to clinching (and there is a chance he could already be over the number if you factor in those he would receive from Santorum and Newt). So the brokered convention window was essentially closed.

So if you have people donating money this week with the thought that he is still vying for the nomination it would be unfair of him to accept that cash. Ron is an honest man, and wants to be upfront with people as possible. So if you don't spend the money on traditional campaigning, then it is only fair to announce the direction the campaign is now taking.

tbone717
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
As far as "barring something unforeseen" we are reading WAY too much into that. Paul doesn't speak in absolutes in general, and I am sure he has communicated that to Benton. "Barring something unforeseen" like Mitt having a health condition, or a meteor hitting Washington tomorrow, or us getting invaded by Canada. You know the type of thing that causes people to say, "wow monkeys took over the earth, I never saw that coming" - get it? Unforeseen.

Basically, don't sit around crossing your fingers and hoping for something "unforeseen" to happen. There is work to be done.

Matthanuf06
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
It doesn't matter. The EU can break up, we can have serious monetary collapse and it won't matter. Mitt is the nominee. If all that happened the rallying call will be around Romney and against Obama. Ron would have needed this 6 months ago

RobHino
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM

Again...this isn't about Benton, and I have stated nothing new as someone pointed out. I didn't mean it would be all of sudden but over several years like the dates on the articles I linked to suggest.

Please don't try to elevate your intellect above mine. I'm just having a discussion here, and your tone does not lend itself to learning and discovery.

I don't claim to be an expert as you do, but I know a failed system when I see one.

alucard13mmfmj
05-15-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xsabLlY3ME

TheGrinch
05-15-2012, 12:47 PM
My personal opinion is that it was announced yesterday and today because of the upcoming money bomb. Benton pointed out that Romney is within 200 delegates to clinching (and there is a chance he could already be over the number if you factor in those he would receive from Santorum and Newt). So the brokered convention window was essentially closed.

So if you have people donating money this week with the thought that he is still vying for the nomination it would be unfair of him to accept that cash. Ron is an honest man, and wants to be upfront with people as possible. So if you don't spend the money on traditional campaigning, then it is only fair to announce the direction the campaign is now taking.
We may disagree alot, but I'm in absolute agreement with you here.

If you're going to continue to ask peopel for money, then it's the honest thing to do to be straight with them about what your money is going towards (making as many gains as possible with delegates, to have as much influence as possible). We should be applauding Dr. Paul for not taking cash under false pretenses, not slamming him for having the guff to be honest with us.

That doesn't mean I won't be contributing to the next money bomb, however. I think what we're doing is too important to not give every penny I can afford to, but as people are scraping just the same, they deserve to know what's happening with their contribution and with our chances.

sirgonzo420
05-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Anything is possible, that I do believe.
At the same time, I really think us Paul supporters overthink things way too much. We read between lines and get ourselves believing things that never did or never will happen. For the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to listen to Ron Paul and Ron Paul only. I don't trust Benton anymore, and I'm just going to expand that policy to anyone in Paul's circle from now on, except for Carol!

Maybe it had something to do with Dr. Paul's breakfast with Bernanke just a few days ago.....

TheGrinch
05-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Maybe it had something to do with Dr. Paul's breakfast with Bernanke just a few days ago.....
Perhaps, but if there is actually something going on behind the scenes here, I'm far more inclined to believe it's threats than a backroom deal or impending catastrophe. Just like the Israel/Iran deal, I have little doubt they'll wait until after the election to start a war or let the economy collapse, putting bandaids on it until at least then..

Terry1
05-15-2012, 12:53 PM
One thing I can tell for sure is that...something is going on that none of us know about. That announcment just seemed out of sink and out of time...too much so for me not to believe something else is going on. I have no idea what that could be, but...it makes no sense to announce something like this at this point and time when there's still so far to go. I smell something fishy...that's for sure.

RobHino
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Again...My comments are not about Benton or campaign strategy...they're about current events which seem to indicate that we are in the midst of a dollar collapse and it may be closer than we all suspect...and in that scenario, all bets are off with the election.

TheGrinch
05-15-2012, 12:57 PM
One thing I can tell for sure is that...something is going on that none of us know about. That announcment just seemed out of sink and out of time...too much so for me not to believe something else is going on. I have no idea what that could be, but...it makes no sense to announce something like this at this point and time when there's still so far to go. I smell something fishy...that's for sure.
Post #24.... The chances are far greater that they're being honest with us than that something is going on behind the scenes, IMO. I'm not sure how you can be sure something's going on, when they've speeled it out for us very plainly. Please still become delegates and contribute, but know where we stand right now.

I think everyone is going way overboard in assuming that this has anything to with anything besides not taking contributions under false pretenses. Dr. Paul is an honest man who can't be bought, so that's exactly what I'd expect from him.

Terry1
05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Again...My comments are not about Benton or campaign strategy...they're about current events which seem to indicate that we are in the midst of a dollar collapse and it may be closer than we all suspect...and in that scenario, all bets are off with the election.

Actually, you could be correct about that. There's been warnings this was coming....maybe it's this year.

RobHino
05-15-2012, 02:06 PM
As far as "barring something unforeseen" we are reading WAY too much into that. Paul doesn't speak in absolutes in general, and I am sure he has communicated that to Benton. "Barring something unforeseen" like Mitt having a health condition, or a meteor hitting Washington tomorrow, or us getting invaded by Canada. You know the type of thing that causes people to say, "wow monkeys took over the earth, I never saw that coming" - get it? Unforeseen.

Basically, don't sit around crossing your fingers and hoping for something "unforeseen" to happen. There is work to be done.

Again - My comments are NOT about Benton or campaign strategy...they're about current events which seem to indicate that we are in the midst of a dollar collapse and it may be closer than we all suspect...and in that scenario, all bets are off with the election.

And to assume I'm sitting around not working for delegates is completely off base. I am a coordinator for my Senatorial AND Congressional Districts for the official grassroots network here in Texas.

Perry
05-15-2012, 02:18 PM
...our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination. Governor Romney is now within 200 delegates of securing the party’s nod. However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.

From the latest press release.
http://bit.ly/KLq1eQ

Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen...

What does that mean?

RobHino
05-15-2012, 03:01 PM
...our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination. Governor Romney is now within 200 delegates of securing the party’s nod. However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.

From the latest press release.
http://bit.ly/KLq1eQ

What does that mean?

That's what made me make this post....to speculate as to what realistic possible event could change the outcome of this election, and then discuss how likely or unlikely that event is....and if it could actually help Ron Paul.

But others in this thread misunderstood this to post as suggesting that there was a conspiracy by the campaign.

This isn't a conspiratorial thread.

It's about current events that suggest we're in the midst of a dollar collapse.

MMXII
05-15-2012, 03:09 PM
There's always a chance that 'something unforeseen' could happen......but that could potentially be anything. The gold and silver prices have been falling which suggests that the dollar is 'alright'. I think it certainly is in better shape than the euro presently.

If there's a dollar collapse you'll be better off with potatoes than silver........

RobHino
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
There's always a chance that 'something unforeseen' could happen......but that could potentially be anything. The gold and silver prices have been falling which suggests that the dollar is 'alright'. I think it certainly is in better shape than the euro presently.

If there's a dollar collapse you'll be better off with potatoes than silver........

I agree MMXII, and updated the OP. I had copied it from a comment I made last year on the DP. I should have removed the suggestion to buy gold and silver to prepare for a collapse. Buying gold and silver would be to protect your savings, but as you point out, there would be more obvious pressing needs like food, water, and security.

Thanks for catching that! I was rushing to post this, and should have proofed better!

RobHino
05-15-2012, 03:35 PM
The gold and silver prices have been falling which suggests that the dollar is 'alright'. I think it certainly is in better shape than the euro presently.

Could this also be from hedge fund managers and holders of silver SELLING off their hedges to recoup stock market losses, therefore increasing the supply of silver on the market, thus lowering the price? Or just less demand in general?

Like in July of 2008...will it continue to drop, and then rebound past the previous high?

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag00-pres.gif

Athan
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Heh heh. This ^.

dude58677
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I might add that even if the dollar were to collapse, the sheep would STILL vote for Romney... Remember (cough) Romney "knows" how the economy works, right? So to me it is an invalid theory.

IMO the only type of "unforeseen" event that Benton was referring to that could destroy Romney's chances would be something like a HUGE scandal, think Herman Cain.

There was already dirt on Romney but Benton never used it throught the ENTIRE campaign.

MMXII
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Could this also be from hedge fund managers and holders of silver SELLING off their hedges to recoup stock market losses, therefore increasing the supply of silver on the market, thus lowering the price? Or just less demand in general?

Like in July of 2008...will it continue to drop, and then rebound past the previous high?

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag00-pres.gif

I think silver had a high of around $52 last summer (haven't checked the charts lately), but I do remember it unhinged from the 30s and ran up to 50ish. If you're adding silver to help with savings, I'd say this is a good moment to add more to your position.

I can't really tell you why the price has come down. Maybe folks getting out of silver and back into the stock market as you suggest. I would add more and hold for the next 10 years......it's going to take a lot of time for real growth to come back to the economy.