PDA

View Full Version : What is it about Ron Paul?

MrAustin
05-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Paul has somehow united republicans, democrats, libertarians, constitutionalists, and people who have never been involved in politics - all of us working together right now to fight for liberty. What is it about him that brings us together and fills us with determination? It's not JUST the message of liberty. There are plenty of other libertarians and defenders of the constitution out there who are active in politics - but any time you even start to take Ron Paul out of the equation, our movement is horribly splintered (as we have seen in the last two days).

I want to know why.

Why is Ron Paul different? And how can we duplicate whatever it is that makes him different so that we don't come unraveled? I think the future of this movement rests partly on how well we can answer this question.

Summary of answers in this thread:

1. Un-compromising integrity/consistency/honesty. (x9)
2. Frankness - not afraid to speak the truth boldly.
3. Underdog.
4. Good character (Good, kind, gentle, loving, peaceful, self-control).

phill4paul
05-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I would guess a proven history of consistency.

CaptUSA
05-15-2012, 12:04 PM
It's that he does not compromise his principles. Ever.

pen_thief
05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
It's that he does not compromise his principles. Ever.

This, exactly.

And, that the principles are good ones.

odamn
05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Paul has somehow united republicans, democrats, libertarians, constitutionalists, and people who have never been involved in politics - all of us working together right now to fight for liberty. What is it about him that brings us together and fills us with determination? It's not JUST the message of liberty. There are plenty of other libertarians and defenders of the constitution out there who are active in politics - but any time you even start to take Ron Paul out of the equation, our movement is horribly splintered (as we have seen in the last two days).

I want to know why.

Why is Ron Paul different? And how can we duplicate whatever it is that makes him different so that don't come unraveled? I think the future of this movement rests partly on how well we can answer this question. 40 yrs, with the same Message, and Actions generate the Trust i have that Ron Paul will do what he says he will. It can't be duplicated.

sailingaway
05-15-2012, 12:20 PM
principles and sticking to them. Integrity. We believe he will do his best and cares enough to withstand pressure.

alucard13mmfmj
05-15-2012, 12:31 PM
ron is an underdog.

in games, i never join the top, establish guilds. i only join medium sized, underdog guilds.

kuckfeynes
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
All of the above, and I'd like to add honesty and frankness to the list. He says what he means, no pandering, period.

That's a rare quality in a candidate, even amongst libertarians.

DonovanJames
05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I think we're biologically adapted to polarize to honest people. I see it as a survival trait to identify when people are deceptive or honest and rely on our subconcious assessment of that. Integrity and principles are the offsprings of the trait of Honesty and I think in a system that has been dominated by those who value power and control through less desirable means, Ron Paul stands out pretty well among them.

Uncompromising honesty. It even feels good to read it

Tobias2dope
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I kinda like this about him too........

MrAustin
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow. Interesting how similar everyone's answers are so far. I can't say I was expecting that...

Crystallas
05-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Let me run you through, what seems to be, a common scenario.

User gets burned again by a politician. User accepts that politicians are all liars and cheats. Then they stop, ask themselves, what if I research a better alternative early on? Stumbles across Ron Paul, and they are blown away. The rest is history!

Dogsoldier
05-15-2012, 02:20 PM
He has kept his oath to the constitution.That is the only test a person in office has.

Omnica
05-15-2012, 02:45 PM
He's a super Grandpa, a wonderfully honest human being,

and successfully applied medical pratices to politics!

Dr. Ronald Paul everyone!!

Somehow, hmmm, he is the underdog against Will.I.Ard. RamsMe.

He would desTroy Ala Bama Osama one on one in a fair fight. But this is no fair fight!

TheGrinch
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Dr. Paul is an honest man and cannot be bought.

So it reaffirms my faith in him every day that the establishment and media know this, and is why they'll do everything they can to not let him gain traction. If they could actually buy him off, he'd be elevated to rock star Obama 2.0 status by now; Because make no mistake, they'd love to have our enthusiasm to easily take over, but they're just against what we stand for (or rather against, their gravy train).