PDA

View Full Version : Who are you voting for in November?

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Apparently it's official. So who has your vote in November? Write-In or otherwise?

Ron Paul

Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Gary Johnson

Vermin Supreme

Keith Judd

Other (please name)

CaptUSA
05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Hmmm... lemme think...

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I'd write in Vermin Supreme as VP.

LOL

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm writing in Paul. I'd really like to find a better way to send a message though. But I'm not sure voting for Obama would accomplish anything except make the GOP hate us even more.

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd write in Vermin Supreme as VP.

LOL

Lol. I know he is in it for the laughs, but in all honesty he is my 2nd choice for President after Paul. It's not even debatable, in my opinion, that he would be better than Obama or Romney.

Lishy
05-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm voting for Kermit the Frog!

oyarde
05-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Vermin is entertaining

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Vermin is entertaining

The only honest fascist in the race :D

seyferjm
05-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Darth Vader-full evil ftw

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Lol. I know he is in it for the laughs, but in all honesty he is my 2nd choice for President after Paul. It's not even debatable, in my opinion, that he would be better than Obama or Romney.

I met Vermin at the St. Ansalem debates.

He's actually a pretty neat character.

Elwar
05-15-2012, 12:07 PM
NOBP

Sam I am
05-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Depends on who's nominated

phill4paul
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxgSfgUYQVw6iipAHfexNk8VGmvJq0L VSdiFbecWa7HrSnkI3s

The Goat
05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Darth Vader-full evil ftw

Vader still had "good" left in him. the emperor = full evil.

Obama=Romney=the Emperor

PaulStandsTall
05-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Ron Paul.

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I met Vermin at the St. Ansalem debates.

He's actually a pretty neat character.

That's badass.

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 12:54 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxgSfgUYQVw6iipAHfexNk8VGmvJq0L VSdiFbecWa7HrSnkI3s

Someone needs to make these T shirts and bumper stickers.

Hitman83
05-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I know Vermin is funny, but if people actually start voting for him to "send a message," the trendy uneducated voters will learn nothing through the message. Maybe the trendy voters are always a lost cause, but I hold out the hope that if someone like Ron Paul makes a large enough wave, a portion of them will wake up. I doubt Vermin will make a serious wave, though, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

I vote for Paul or write in Paul. Although I hear Tennessee doesn't even tally up write-ins. They apparently just stack them up and if the race is close (which it never is in TN), then MAYBE they'll count them. Basically, a write-in vote in TN sounds like a lost vote. Doesn't mean I still won't write-in Paul. My conscience would be clear even if they ignore my vote.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 01:11 PM
I know Vermin is funny, but if people actually start voting for him to "send a message," the trendy uneducated voters will learn nothing through the message. Maybe the trendy voters are always a lost cause, but I hold out the hope that if someone like Ron Paul makes a large enough wave, a portion of them will wake up. I doubt Vermin will make a serious wave, though, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

I vote for Paul or write in Paul. Although I hear Tennessee doesn't even tally up write-ins. They apparently just stack them up and if the race is close (which it never is in TN), then MAYBE they'll count them. Basically, a write-in vote in TN sounds like a lost vote. Doesn't mean I still won't write-in Paul. My conscience would be clear even if they ignore my vote.

This.

Most places don't count write in votes.

Like I care. They don't count the regular votes without shenanigans.

I just don't care. Of course the system isn't going to count my vote, when my vote represents my utter and total disgust at the system.

The GOP had a chance, twice now, and twice they have nominated (or close to nominating) an idiot "moderate" instead of a principled man of the constitution.

And they lost in 2008.

And they will lose again in 2012.

No One But Paul

DerailingDaTrain
05-15-2012, 02:20 PM
NOBP

The Gold Standard
05-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I love how Romney has 0 votes. Scumbag.

DamianTV
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Most people can recognize the hair trimming bully is dirty, and not 'dirty' like I need to take a shower 'dirty' or talk to your wife 'dirty', I mean 'dirty' like rotten to the core.

BTW, as all RPF Forum Polls are required, where is the obligatory "Kludge is a douchebag" option? :p

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Most people can recognize the hair trimming bully is dirty, and not 'dirty' like I need to take a shower 'dirty' or talk to your wife 'dirty', I mean 'dirty' like rotten to the core.

BTW, as all RPF Forum Polls are required, where is the obligatory "Kludge is a douchebag" option? :p

Someone needs to notify me of these things beforehand :p

Bosco Warden
05-15-2012, 03:21 PM
From Ben Swann's facebook page, but its a good question what in the fuck is going on in the RP Campaign?

What is going on with the Ron Paul Campaign?

The national media got the story wrong about Paul "dropping out" but then comes an email from Jesse Benton to supporters. I have been forwarded this email and asked to explain it. Frankly, I cannot.

I will continue to look into the issue but the bottomline is that the delegate fight IS going to Paul, so why back down? Staying humble and keeping your head down during the fight makes sense. Sending your supporters a note to say, "We aren't going to win but keep sending us money!" That doesn't compute.

Also, why would Jesse Benton be using the AP delegate count? I don't have any insider information, but I will start digging. If you have insider knowledge.. hit me up bswann@fox19.com

http://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck

Todd
05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
I voted for Chuck Baldwin last go around because he actually made the Viginia Ballot. I see myself doing something similar or else writing in Paul. Depends on the 3rd party candidates and credentials. I would like to just write in Paul.

CaseyJones
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
no one

Nirvikalpa
05-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Ben Bernanke has my full support.

John F Kennedy III
05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Ben Bernanke has my full support.

*shrugs* might as well

seraphson
05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
NOBP. A close second would be Vermin seeing as he's very consistent and honest. I find his green energy idea excellent; the one about harnessing the awesome power of zombies to turn turbines.

Danke
05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Pat Paulsen

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
LOL - 3 people voted for Vermin.

Aden
05-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Did not see an option for "not voting" or "I don't vote." So I put "other."

DamianTV
05-15-2012, 11:26 PM

Take it and print it into a T-Shirt and wear it, even if RP doesnt get the Republican Nomination!

Lothario
05-16-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't accept that anyone has a right to rule over me or that I must live under any master (much less the ones the establishment has provided as options), therefore, I will of course NOT be voting. I would encourage others to do the same, or if you feel you must vote, then write in "nobody" for president.

fr33
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Not voting on this poll because my mind isn't made up yet and it depends on what happens...

If Ron Paul isn't on the ballot I might vote for Gary Johnson or I might write Ron's name in. Haven't decided yet. And yes I know about the valid criticisms to be had about Johnson...

rp08orbust
05-16-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't understand why there aren't more Obama votes. If you're in a state where your vote could potentially tip it from Romney to Obama, wouldn't you want to vote for the outcome that provides the soonest opportunity to elect a pro-liberty president? If Romney is elected, that won't be until 2020 at the earliest, and that's only if his VP is not popular with the sheep. If Romney made a politically astute choice for VP, we might not have another opportunity until 2028. On the other hand, if Obama is re-elected, there is hope for 2016.

If you don't live in a swing state, meaning your vote serves no purpose other than sending a message, then of course, write in Ron Paul.

speciallyblend
05-16-2012, 12:45 AM
I am gonna double check with colorado election board, if write ins are counted i might vote for Ron Paul, but i am going to support Gary Johnson over obama/romney.

Hitman83
05-16-2012, 07:40 AM
OH NO! speciallyblend took the headphone kitten away. :( That was the only avatar on the interwebs that I stop and smile at for 30 seconds everytime I see it, which uses a lot of browsing time.

http://www.emoticonswallpapers.com/avatar/funny/Kitten-in-headphones.gif (http://www.emoticonswallpapers.com/avatars.html)

NoOneButPaul
05-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I really haven't decided.

Pretty sure i'll write in Ron but if Johnson gains some steam i'll vote for him to send a message (he's basically 90% of Ron so all the hate is pretty foolish).

I might vote for Obama if I come to the conclusion the best course of action for this country is for our dollar to collapse and the crash to be over with. I'd rather speed it up with a dumb ass like Obama and let the Dems take the entire fall after it happens...

Living in Illinois it's fairly tempting not to vote at all... even if 100% of Republicans came out to vote we'd still lose this state to Chicago.

pcosmar
05-16-2012, 07:46 AM
No one but Paul.

assuming there are elections in November.

MelissaCato
05-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Ron Paul, again.

seraphson
05-16-2012, 09:19 AM
No one but Paul.

Good point...though taxmageddon isn't until December so I think we'll be in for a rough ride until around early next year we'll be over the cliff. If Paul isn't on the ballot I'd like to really, really see Romney get in so we get another 4 years down the road to serfdom and failure. Just so it's EXTRA crystal clear that the current bi-partisan sham is fully revealed in showing there is no difference, no positives between the two. Unfortunately every four years that passes is another four years closer to running out of the amount of given times we can fail before it's all over. Though "all over" may just be the medicine we need (but I like our pro-active approach better).

jbauer
05-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Been thinking the same thing. We can write in Paul but they wont count it. I was thinking of voting Liberitarian so atleast we can look up what % of americans voted 3rd party. Regardless I'm not in a swing state. Mittens will win anyway here.

I'm writing in Paul. I'd really like to find a better way to send a message though. But I'm not sure voting for Obama would accomplish anything except make the GOP hate us even more.

jbauer
05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Truth be told though, you have to be one cold sob to be able to put an x by obamas name. I'm done voting for evil regardless of the outcome.

I don't understand why there aren't more Obama votes. If you're in a state where your vote could potentially tip it from Romney to Obama, wouldn't you want to vote for the outcome that provides the soonest opportunity to elect a pro-liberty president? If Romney is elected, that won't be until 2020 at the earliest, and that's only if his VP is not popular with the sheep. If Romney made a politically astute choice for VP, we might not have another opportunity until 2028. On the other hand, if Obama is re-elected, there is hope for 2016.

If you don't live in a swing state, meaning your vote serves no purpose other than sending a message, then of course, write in Ron Paul.

jbauer
05-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Sad but true!!!

No one but Paul.

LimitedGovernment
05-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Voting for Johnson in order to try to increase the profile of a third party, while still sending a message about my support for limited government. I would be very happy to see Johnson poll in the double digits. I'd be elated to see him in the general election debates.

LimitedGovernment
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM

You know, I really don't get this perspective when I think about it. I'm already pushing for a limited government movement within the Democratic party, and I don't see why people wouldn't do a Red Democrat strategy to keep the momentum going.

Edit: Well, besides the horrible name. It needs different branding. "Red Democrat" conjures up a totally different idea than "Blue Republican".

liberalnurse
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Pat Paulsen :)