PDA

View Full Version : Police dog survives being shot after mistakenly biting an officer.

specsaregood
05-15-2012, 09:15 AM
hxxp://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/may/14/dog-shot-after-biting-metro-police-officer/
excerpt:

Upon arrival, officers called in a K-9 unit, which sent a police dog into the backyard to force the suspect to comply, Cassell said. That's when the suspect jumped the wall and ran.

The dog followed the suspect, but apparently became confused and bit a patrol officer approaching from the other side, Cassell said. The dog's K-9 handler tried to get the dog off the officer, but the dog tried to bite again, at which point another officer shot the animal, police said.

In addition to physical efforts, authorities tried to subdue the dog with a Taser before the officer resorted to using a gun, said Capt. Larry Burns of Metro’s Bolden Area Command, which covers the neighborhood where the incident happened.

aGameOfThrones
05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Cop dog knew who the bigger Criminal was.

kcchiefs6465
05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Feel bad for the dog. I really do. They raise the dog to be vicious, then shoot him when he bites the wrong person. Well, uh, WTF did you expect? For him to see the color blue? That being said, I would have shot the dog too.

specsaregood
05-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Feel bad for the dog. I really do. They raise the dog to be vicious, then shoot him when he bites the wrong person. Well, uh, WTF did you expect? For him to see the color blue? That being said, I would have shot the dog too.

sounds like a dangerous animal that shouldn't be allowed to run loose around neighborhoods.

kcchiefs6465
05-15-2012, 09:49 AM
sounds like a dangerous animal that shouldn't be allowed to run loose around neighborhoods.
Amen. I also would like to point out that they are the ones that made him 'dangerous.' I've seen some German Shepards that are complete babies- wouldn't harm a fly. It isn't the dog that is inherently dangerous; it's their tactics.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 09:51 AM

Apologist says that "if you're not doing anything wrong, the dog will leave you alone".

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
In addition to physical efforts, authorities tried to subdue the dog with a Taser before the officer resorted to using a gun,

O' rly?

Wish Mundane's dogs got that "courtesy".

specsaregood
05-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Amen. I also would like to point out that they are the ones that made him 'dangerous.' I've seen some German Shepards that are complete babies- wouldn't harm a fly. It isn't the dog that is inherently dangerous; it's their tactics.

On a sidenote:in my area shepherd are like the new lab. Everybody has been getting them. about 4 years ago, there was only 1in our neighborhood, now we have counted no less than 12 of them! on another note: shepherds are the one breed of dog that my dogs seem to absolutely despise.

kcchiefs6465
05-15-2012, 10:01 AM
O' rly?

Wish Mundane's dogs got that "courtesy".
Five thousand dollars is a lot of money to shoot.