PDA

View Full Version : PALEFACE: Boston Globe buries correction of Elizabeth Warren's 1/32 Cherokee claim...

Agorism
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM
on drudge

PALEFACE: Boston Globe buries correction of Elizabeth Warren's 1/32 Cherokee claim...

http://networkedblogs.com/xFddK

Local media wants Warren to win this even though she's a fraudster

-----------------------------------

Brown campaign: ‘Warren has zero evidence that she is at all Native American’ (http://networkedblogs.com/xFddK)

In a conference call with reporters, Jim Barnett, Brown’s campaign manager, weighed in on the Warren ancestry controversy. He pointed out that based on primary source material there is no evidence that Warren can claim any Native American ancestry.
Barnett reiterated Brown’s call for Warren to release her complete personnel records — especially from the institutions where she listed herself as a minority. Barnett pointed out that Brown has already released 32 years worth of personnel files from his service in the National Guard and noted that there have been no questions about his academic records but added that Brown would be happy to release his.
According to the Brown campaign, Warren’s inconsistency on her heritage creates questions about her integrity and willingness to be transparent.
New developments in the case have made the call for Warren to provide her records more critical, Barnett explained.
He pointed to the fact that documents from her time at Rutgers University, the University of Houston, and the University of Texas show that Warren self-identified as “white” but that she has not explained why she listed herself as a minority later at the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University — nor have the universities.
Barnett added that the claim Warren is even 1/32 Native American has been “completely debunked.”

VBRonPaulFan
05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
why is this a big deal? i haven't followed this lady at all.

Elwar
05-15-2012, 09:29 AM
I consider myself a Native American and state such on anything that requires me to list my race (I refuse for anything else).

I am an individual. I am not some ancestor nor am I my parent or grandparent. I am myself.

As such, ancestry or "my people" is irrelevant.

When my hand is forced to come up with my "race" or ancestry. I can only look at where I, as an individual, come from. I come from America. I am a native to America.

Thus, I am a Native American.

So are a lot of people. What is the big deal?

specsaregood
05-15-2012, 09:35 AM
I consider myself a Native American and state such on anything that requires me to list my race (I refuse for anything else).
I am an individual. I am not some ancestor nor am I my parent or grandparent. I am myself.
As such, ancestry or "my people" is irrelevant.
When my hand is forced to come up with my "race" or ancestry. I can only look at where I, as an individual, come from. I come from America. I am a native to America.
Thus, I am a Native American.
So are a lot of people. What is the big deal?

I'm gonna do that for the rest of my life and start it up right away for my kid.