PDA

View Full Version : After sleeping on it, I'm still 100% behind the good Dr.

tod evans
05-15-2012, 05:56 AM
I read for hours last night ingesting countless opinions about the decision to not spend donor money on speeches and adds.

One of the primary reasons I have followed Dr. Paul is because he is fiscally responsible....Well to me, this proves it.

Those who disagree.....You're entitled.........

Dr. Paul has shown us time and again that he makes wise decisions morally as well as financially, and I for one believe this is another example.

Matthanuf06
05-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Then he would have quit a long time ago. The odds of him winning were low but existent for a long time. Yesterday was no different than a month ago.

To me this proves that this wasn't ever to win the GOP nomination. Sure if they hit the jackpot then great. This was about building the movement for Rand, maybe a speech, and if we get lucky a spot in the administration.

So my guess is one of two: we either were doing too well in the conventions and were rocking the boat too hard. This has short term gains but perhaps Paul saw long term downside....especially when it comes to Rand. Perhaps hed rather us to this strong at the state level when there was a viable campaign being won. The preverbial busting the nut too early. Or perhaps he didn't want the GOP that pissed off. Who knows. The truth is the movement needs to be bigger than the man here. We aren't taking over local politics bc of Paul, we are taking it over bc we are passionate and we believe in the cause of liberty

The option is a deal was struck with Romney. If Paul gets a post then you know this was the case

Or it's a combination of the two

And there is a lot of spinning here on RPF. Guys for all intents an purposes this is over. We were down 2 scores with 2 mins left with the ball....low chance at victory but there was a chance. Well we just threw a pick 6. I guess if you want to look at the bright side the game is still being played.....

wgadget
05-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Wow, lousy post. ^^ I believe you are 100% wrong and the OP is 100% correct.

Matthanuf06
05-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Wow, lousy post. ^^ I believe you are 100% wrong and the OP is 100% correct.

You are welcome to your opinion. My opinion is based on fact and what Benton said. Read the reports. Sure the MSM creates odd conclusions but read the damn quotes. Unless you think this is some weird misdirection tactic?

tod evans
05-15-2012, 06:30 AM
I don't believe that there's an ulterior motive behind stopping the money hemorrhage, no Rand future or cabinet positions, no secret service assassins, I think it just may be fiscal responsibility.

All of the speculation is just that.....I tend to agree that not having 10's of millions this very well may be the wisest move.

(not that it matters if I agree or not):o

Matthanuf06
05-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't believe that there's an ulterior motive behind stopping the money hemorrhage, no Rand future or cabinet positions, no secret service assassins, I think it just may be fiscal responsibility.

All of the speculation is just that.....I tend to agree that not having 10's of millions this very well may be the wisest move.

(not that it matters if I agree or not):o

The issue is the announcement. The lack of money and lack of traditional campaigning has been going on for awhile. Why announce what has been going on?

tod evans
05-15-2012, 06:39 AM
The issue is the announcement. The lack of money and lack of traditional campaigning has been going on for awhile. Why announce what has been going on?

I would only be speculating........And I'm not qualified!

Travlyr
05-15-2012, 06:41 AM
How do you get all this?

Then he would have quit a long time ago. The odds of him winning were low but existent for a long time. Yesterday was no different than a month ago.

To me this proves that this wasn't ever to win the GOP nomination. Sure if they hit the jackpot then great. This was about building the movement for Rand, maybe a speech, and if we get lucky a spot in the administration.

So my guess is one of two: we either were doing too well in the conventions and were rocking the boat too hard. This has short term gains but perhaps Paul saw long term downside....especially when it comes to Rand. Perhaps hed rather us to this strong at the state level when there was a viable campaign being won. The preverbial busting the nut too early. Or perhaps he didn't want the GOP that pissed off. Who knows. The truth is the movement needs to be bigger than the man here. We aren't taking over local politics bc of Paul, we are taking it over bc we are passionate and we believe in the cause of liberty

The option is a deal was struck with Romney. If Paul gets a post then you know this was the case

Or it's a combination of the two

And there is a lot of spinning here on RPF. Guys for all intents an purposes this is over. We were down 2 scores with 2 mins left with the ball....low chance at victory but there was a chance. Well we just threw a pick 6. I guess if you want to look at the bright side the game is still being played.....

Out of this email?

Dear supporter,

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

It doesn't sound to me like he is giving up. The campaign just doesn't have the money that Goldman Sachs has. The money bombs are not raking in the 10's of millions he needs to pay the corporate media ransom to tell the truth. It is not about one man. It is up to all of us to win this thing.

wgadget
05-15-2012, 06:45 AM
We are not a campaign--WE ARE AN ENTIRE POLITICAL MOVEMENT. And we are grassroots strong...not going ANYWHERE!

TrishW
05-15-2012, 06:46 AM
I disagree. We were not broke yet. He should have asked for an immediate money bomb. Give us a chance to come through. Instead he dropped a bomb.

I would have thought, given his character, he could have been gentler. It appears that he cares more about the Republican Party, then he does the ones who were there for him. We are all not Republicans. Some of us were here only for him, and now we will take our leave.

I wish him, and all of you, luck in trying to take over, by being the sheep. As Paul said, he has been trying for 40 years. The only time they have shown him any respect is when he bows down to their demands. Call it what you will, Ron Paul effectively threw the election. All of the work, will not even be a footnote in history.

WHY!! I do think we could have won. It would have been messy, but give me one Revolution that has not had its share of "discomfort". We are not the people of days gone by. We are no longer the American's who put freedom, justice, and America's future first. We have grown soft and weak. The frog in the water... and we are allowing the warmth to lull us back to sleep.

But as I close my eyes, I will dream of what may have been. Thank you Ron Paul! For the days of hope, and now as I enter the nights of despair. I have great fear for the future of America. There will be no sweet dream, only stark reality. This is what we give our children?

nobody's_hero
05-15-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm still behind the good doctor.

But I do wonder if this is how the Marines on Wake Island felt when they realized that they wouldn't be getting reinforcements — minus the dying bit.

Will this be the Alamo of Politics? Hear our cries Houston!

I've been pumped up and ready to go down fighting ever since the announcement. I hope they brought extra ass-whippings for my stubborn self.

Matthanuf06
05-15-2012, 06:51 AM
The point was that there may be other motivations other than just winning the GOP nomination.

The other option was that this was just a massive campaign blunder of epic proportions.

Everybody already knew that RP had a delegate focused campaign based on strategic and oftentimes intense campaigning to win certain CDs and counties mainly within caucus states.

So why announce it? Then you have Benton making comments that RP didn't like how we acted in some conventions which further points to the fact that this wasn't some major miscalculation.

I try to employ the KISS strategy as much as I can; Occam's razor is something good to live by. To me it is far less likely that this was just some blunder or some attempt to lull the Romney campaign to sleep than it is that it is exactly what it and the subsequent comments say it was. Paul is taking his foot off the gas, but not stopping the car. Yeah my initial post speculated on why, but frankly I'd rather there be a major strategic reason (even if a long term one) than just slowing down the campaign due to lack of money and lack of ability to win.

MelissaCato
05-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Ron Paul 2012!!

LKMN
05-15-2012, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE=nobody's_hero;4426438]I'm still behind the good doctor.

But I do wonder if this is how the Marines on Wake Island felt when they realized that they wouldn't be getting reinforcements — minus the dying bit.
QUOTE]

I hear you haha.

airborne373
05-15-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm still behind the good doctor.

Will this be the Alamo of Politics? Hear our cries Houston!

I've been pumped up and ready to go down fighting ever since the announcement. I hope they brought extra ass-whippings for my stubborn self.

My grandfather was one of those Marines slogging through the Pacific, people called him Billy and he was always the story teller and life of the party but he only spoke to me once about his combat experience in the Pacific. Before he died in 1981 I asked him if he ever got hurt in the war he said he got shot in the leg while leaning up against a tree sleeping. Disappointed in grandad's war story I asked him why where you sleeping in battle. He said softly, "I had been fighting for three days without sleep and I dozed off."

It's gut check time boy and girls are you IN or OUT? Me? I am in it for LIFE!

tod evans
05-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Gee Whiz!

Have you read the E-mail?

All it says is that Ron's not going to be spending money on campaigning in primary states.

But if you want to give up that's your choice.........Using your words "We are no longer the American's who put freedom, justice, and America's future first. We have grown soft and weak"

I disagree. We were not broke yet. He should have asked for an immediate money bomb. Give us a chance to come through. Instead he dropped a bomb.

I would have thought, given his character, he could have been gentler. It appears that he cares more about the Republican Party, then he does the ones who were there for him. We are all not Republicans. Some of us were here only for him, and now we will take our leave.

I wish him, and all of you, luck in trying to take over, by being the sheep. As Paul said, he has been trying for 40 years. The only time they have shown him any respect is when he bows down to their demands. Call it what you will, Ron Paul effectively threw the election. All of the work, will not even be a footnote in history.

WHY!! I do think we could have won. It would have been messy, but give me one Revolution that has not had its share of "discomfort". We are not the people of days gone by. We are no longer the American's who put freedom, justice, and America's future first. We have grown soft and weak. The frog in the water... and we are allowing the warmth to lull us back to sleep.

But as I close my eyes, I will dream of what may have been. Thank you Ron Paul! For the days of hope, and now as I enter the nights of despair. I have great fear for the future of America. There will be no sweet dream, only stark reality. This is what we give our children?

TrishW
05-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Have I read the email?

I have read it, and read it, and read it again. I don't know how many times.

The campaign for Presidency is spoken in past tense. Now we are trying to secure enough delegates to play a role in Tampa... a supporting role.

anewvoice
05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
So today the e-mail that ought have come out originally is sent, from Benton. Yes I'm with Ron Paul until the end, wherever that may be, but that does not excuse the grim tone of the first e-mail. Yes, i'm part of the movement and yes I'd love to see a President Ron Paul.

But yes, the e-mail yesterday had the emotional toll of finality. The e-mail today had the same intellectual points but was presented with a more hopeful and forward looking tone.

Either way, I'll jump in for $50 tomorrow and continue my support of the message, and the messenger currently delivering it.

wgadget
05-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Trish, no matter what you hear on the media (who are not our friend) WE ARE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH.

Your depression is depressing. Get out and get some fresh air, girl! :)

wgadget
05-15-2012, 07:45 AM
There is no stopping this MOVEMENT.

Come on, guys! CHIN UP! :)

TrishW
05-15-2012, 07:45 AM
where is today's email? I did not get another email.

wgadget
05-15-2012, 07:53 AM
It's on the grassroots forum page. I just posted it.

rockerrockstar
05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
To me it seems Paul is sticking to the same game plan he has been using for a long time. Trying to win delegates and not focusing so much on the beauty contests.

RabbitMan
05-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Ugh. This was NEVER about building a movement for Rand. If you at least have listened to Paul's take, he rarely talked to his son about the campaign. The short of it is, we lost the Iowa caucus. And because we lost the Iowa caucus, and then proceeded to lose Nevada, Maine, Washington, etc., this campaign never was given a solid shot at a popular vote win and thus any real hype. Sucks but it is true. That being said, we put up a really good fight and will dominate the party in many places. Stick with it folks!