PDA

View Full Version : Lew Rockwell Blog on Ron Paul's New Strategy-a Must Read

stu2002
05-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Some historical perspective for Ron Paul activists
Posted by Ryan W. McMaken on May 15, 2012 12:47 AM

I've been somewhat surprised by the absolutely hysterical reaction among some RP activists to Ron Paul's announcement that he's shifting resources toward winning more delegates instead of blowing it on straw polls in new primaries. In some of the forums, alleged "supporters" are hurling insults at both Ron and his staffers.

I remember how after 2008, some people I talked to pledged to "never give money ever again" to Ron Paul because he "wasn't serious" about winning. These people think elections are all that matter, but that's not how political and intellectual movements work. The election of numerous libertarian candidates will be a lagging indicator, not a leading indicator, of the success of a libertarian movement. The population still isn't there. Although it will be.

It's absolutely unbelievable that some people who claim to be champions of freedom are now viciously badmouthing a man who can claim much credit in making libertarianism a household word -as it now is- and has been instrumental in building the most important challenge to central banking and the warfare state in a century. All of this is in addition to taking control of the GOP machinery in numerous states and cong. districts.

I might also note that I turned on the tele the other day and there was Ron Paul talking about central banking. Note to newcomer activists: I know it's hard to believe, but before RP's 2008 run, there was once a time when libertarians weren't on TV regularly talking about Austrian free-market economics and the evils of war. I swear it's true. Cross my heart and hope to die.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/112112.html

kathy88
05-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Great read. Thanks for posting Stu.

stu2002
05-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Great read. Thanks for posting Stu.

You're welcome.

Exiled_LFOD
05-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Too bad Anarchists can't understand reality.

wgadget
05-15-2012, 05:38 AM
A great time to HIGHLY RECOMMEND my all-time favorite blog: www.lewrockwell.com :)

stu2002
05-15-2012, 05:39 AM
While the media was quick to report that Ron Paul’s statement Monday signaled something akin to an end to his campaign, there’s a robust debate on the Daily Paul blog that reveals his supporters think otherwise.
http://images.politico.com/global/2012/01/120103_ron_paul_supporters_shinkle_605.jpg

One widely-held opinion is that the press is willfully misinterpreting Paul’s statement about his intentions.

More than a few commenters think the statement is part of a Paul campaign gambit to lull the establishment, Romney forces or the media into complacency.

Among those who read the statement as a suspension of the campaign, there’s a good bit of disappointment, not to mention disbelief.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/charlie-mahtesian/2012/05/paul-backers-debate-his-statement-123422.html

Travlyr
05-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Good article.

I was amazed at the reaction on this forum. Ron Paul is a truth teller. That is all he was doing in his email... telling the truth. There is not enough money to run ads on TV and who would want to anyway? Bribing the media to not lie in 30 second ads just never seemed like a good strategy to me.

stu2002
05-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Good article.

I was amazed at the reaction on this forum. Ron Paul is a truth teller. That is all he was doing in his email... telling the truth. There is not enough money to run ads on TV and who would want to anyway? Bribing the media to not lie in 30 second ads just never seemed like a good strategy to me.

indeed

V3n
05-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Short and sweet. Well said!

stu2002
05-15-2012, 05:50 AM
A great time to HIGHLY RECOMMEND my all-time favorite blog: www.lewrockwell.com :)

Yep--doesn't Ron Paul read it daily?

Oddone
05-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Good read.

However did we have that many people attacking Ron Paul and the campaign for 'not' running ads and gunning for primaries anymore on this forum? I may have missed it, and forgive me for doing so. What I saw was a lot of people getting pissed that the press release was done the way it was, or at all I suppose. Along with everyone screaming about the MSM and their spin on it. Then again, I'm not on here 24/7 nor do I read the Daily Paul most days, unless something is linked.

wgadget
05-15-2012, 06:17 AM

Yes, I believe he said he does. He is also a regular contributor there.

fisharmor
05-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Too bad Anarchists can't understand reality.

In case anyone forgot (like I did), you click on the name of the user, and it's the third option on the left side of the screen.

Liberty74
05-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Yet the word libertarian still has a bad taste in most Republican's mouth. The libertarian movement has been around for about a generation and it still isn't where it needs to be or where I would like it to be to use its muscles to change public opinion. Why? Because its the system ran by the elites. The political system. The media system. The corporate system. The educational system all the way up to college. They control practically everything including the two party system.

On face value I do believe most people are libertarian - supports smaller govt yet are socially liberal at the private level. People in general don't want the govt in their lives. But the people are stuck in the matrix of the two party system. Don't believe me? Just look at the Tea Party supporting a bailout lover and the architect of Obamacare. They are forced to by - what for it - the system. And that is why nothing changes.

Matthanuf06
05-15-2012, 06:32 AM
He hit it the nail on the head. It's always been about building the movement and there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes people just fall victim to thinking we are a lot closer to the nomination than what we actually were.

whippoorwill
05-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Nice.

tbone717
05-15-2012, 06:41 AM
He hit it the nail on the head. It's always been about building the movement and there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes people just fall victim to thinking we are a lot closer to the nomination than what we actually were.

It is about a movement and the long term viability of it. Rome wasn't built in a day.

As far as people thinking that we were a lot closer to the nomination than we actually were, I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that many people are new to the process and do not understand how it truly works. They come to sites like this, read posts from people saying that we are going to win this in Tampa, and take that as fact. Of course anyone who says, "well we aren't as close to that as you think" is accused of being a troll - because sadly people would rather be blind to the reality of the situation than accept it, and work within the constructs of reality.

The plain and simple truth is that you win the nomination by winning primaries. Short of that you can rack up some delegates through the caucus process, and you can have your supporters at the convention (though bound to another candidate) through the convention process. But at the end of the day, you need to win a lot of states in order to win the nomination.

The good news is that Paul will have a nice size contingency at the convention, and if they are able to use their influence effectively we can have an impact on the platform and VP selection. Was that our primary goal? Of course not, but since we were unable to propel Paul to victory in state wide primaries, this is the best we can hope for at this stage of the game.

green73
05-15-2012, 07:29 AM

Agreed!

green73
05-15-2012, 07:30 AM

Yes!

green73
05-15-2012, 07:31 AM
In case anyone forgot (like I did), you click on the name of the user, and it's the third option on the left side of the screen.

This!

green73
05-15-2012, 07:32 AM
McMaken is a terrific blogger there. Only wish he'd post more.

Lucille
05-15-2012, 08:15 AM

NOBP

PierzStyx
05-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Bump

MelissaCato
05-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Good read.

bb23
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Great article. It is indeed more about the movement than the election. Paul's positions will extend beyond 2012. Beyond 2016. Because if either Romney or Obama get elected, our freedoms and liberties will continue to dwindle until the next election, only growing support for the libertarian movement.

FSP-Rebel
05-15-2012, 11:36 AM
I've been somewhat surprised by the absolutely hysterical reaction among some RP activists
LOL, you know who you are.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Some Historical Perspective for Ron Paul Activists

Posted by Ryan W. McMaken on May 15, 2012 12:47 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/112112.html#more-112112

I've been somewhat surprised by the absolutely hysterical reaction among some RP activists to Ron Paul's announcement that he's shifting resources toward winning more delegates instead of blowing it on straw polls in new primaries. In some of the forums, alleged "supporters" are hurling insults at both Ron and his staffers.

I remember how after 2008, some people I talked to pledged to "never give money ever again" to Ron Paul because he "wasn't serious" about winning. These people think elections are all that matter, but that's not how political and intellectual movements work. The election of numerous libertarian candidates will be a lagging indicator, not a leading indicator, of the success of a libertarian movement. The population still isn't there. Although it will be.

It's absolutely unbelievable that some people who claim to be champions of freedom are now viciously badmouthing a man who can claim much credit in making libertarianism a household word — as it now is — and has been instrumental in building the most important challenge to central banking and the warfare state in a century. All of this is in addition to taking control of the GOP machinery in numerous states and cong. districts.

I might also note that I turned on the tele the other day and there was Ron Paul talking about central banking. Note to newcomer activists: I know it's hard to believe, but before RP's 2008 run, there was once a time when libertarians weren't on TV regularly talking about Austrian free-market economics and the evils of war. I swear it's true. Cross my heart and hope to die.

Politically, Ron Paul is doing what the Religious Right successfully did 20 years ago when it became a major force in the party, and he's rebuilding the intellectual infrastructure of the American right wing in a way similar to what Buckley did in the 1950s. Except, where Buckley only pretended to be for the rule of law and limited government, Ron Paul is the real thing. And Paul's even doing it without CIA money, unlike Buckley. RP's the continuation of the old libertarian movement that existed in opposition to war and the New Deal before it was hijacked by the conservative apologists for the state.

Except now, instead of being composed of a few dozen guys who could all have met in a small hotel ballroom, the movement for peace and freedom is a huge nationwide movement.

Anyone who, like me, teaches people in their twenties can already see a huge change. The ideas of libertarianism have a credibility they have not had in decades, if not not since the late 19th century when Herbert Spencer was a best-selling author in America.

Those of us who have been involved in the libertarian movement for more than ten years can see a huge difference, and those who have been around for decades undoubtedly see even more. Nevertheless, I can understand that a younger person, or a person who has never been politically active before, might view one presidential election as some kind of end-all-be-all of the freedom movement, but it's not.

The Ron Paul phenomenon isn't even close to being done re-shaping the American political landscape, yet amazingly, some people seem to think that not running TV ads in California somehow signifies a lack of seriousness on the part of the Paul campaign. Only a complete lack of experience and historical perspective could lead one to such conclusions.

kill the banks
05-15-2012, 11:42 AM
well big overreaction by some but most vets stayed inline ... i know Ron speaks the truth so i read the email as just that ... no more wasting money on the beauty contest and full steam ahead on delegates and reforming the GOP ... let's get it done !

Matt Collins
05-16-2012, 09:31 AM
To keep things in perspective:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/112112.html

Constitutional Paulicy
05-16-2012, 09:39 AM
This was posted earlier and it was a great read. I suggest everyone take the time to read it.

LibertyEagle
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Yes, but it still doesn't explain what Benton did.

Todd
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM
That in a nut shell is what it's all about.

Ron Paul is doing what the Religious Right successfully did 20 years ago when it became a major force in the party, and he's rebuilding the intellectual infrastructure of the American right wing in a way similar to what Buckley did in the 1950s. Except, where Buckley only pretended to be for the rule of law and limited government, Ron Paul is the real thing

angelatc
05-16-2012, 09:55 AM
That in a nut shell is what it's all about.

So, Ron Paul wasn't actually running for President, or at least, he wasn't running as hard as he could have....because he was running and educational campaign?

Everybody who knew this was coming raise your hand. 2012, meet 2008.

FSP-Rebel
05-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Ron has said he didn't see himself in the oval office. The way I see it is he did us all a favor by running and getting everyone involved again in the hopes that we'd all become active in our local gop and take them over, then the state apparatus. Whether he was running an ed campaign or not, you can't fault him in his commitment to liberty. W/o the campaign of '08 (which many scoff at), we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today. We'd be either hunkering down or dining at the libertarian party cafe. And 0 control of the gop.

jmdrake
05-16-2012, 10:06 AM
So, Ron Paul wasn't actually running for President, or at least, he wasn't running as hard as he could have....because he was running and educational campaign?

Well that would explain some of his debate and interview commentary that played well to us and to independents and democrats, but not to "typical republican voters". That said I don't know why we stuck to a Rand Paul strategy while running a Ron Paul campaign.

Tim724
05-16-2012, 10:06 AM
I made a similiar point on DP about Jack Hunter's recent essay: the piece that Collins linked would be fine if it were released after the convention was over and Romney had won. However, it reads like a retrospective obituary and that is exactly the attitude that is pissing so many of us off - we are in the final lap of a long race and we have the campaign talking about how we lost and acting like animals sniffing around the dead body that is the presidential nomination. This is massively discouraging more RP votes and delegates from the remaining states. Can't we wait just a little longer until the damn race is over for that kind of talk?

Many of us are pretty sure that this defeatist talk from the campaign is a result of serious dealing that has been done with Romney and the establishment. However, I am pretty convinced that a stupid deal was made or at least it was made stupidly too early. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I believe the recent announcements have significantly undermined the campaign/movement without a corressponding reward. Benton can go to hell...he's too young and dumb for his position and is probably trying to make a career for himself in the GOP establishment.

I have a generous donation record (somewhere near maxing out, but not quite), but why would I give to a moneybomb for a campaign that's folding up? Sorry, my wallet is closed tomorrow. I don't believe it will go toward anything except insuring the last few paychecks for those losers on the campaign staff.

angelatc
05-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Not trying to troll or insinuate anything here. But do you or anyone else recall him doing any sort of typical campaign stops after IA & NH? Honestly, all I can recall are rallies.

If this goes like it did in 2008, the fact that people who asserted he was running an educational campaign were berated and banned for undermining the "fact" that he was In It To Win It will be entirely forgotten, and everybody who honestly believed he was in it legitimately will be considered naive, if not foolish for not believing what he actually said.

It's complicated.

angelatc
05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Well that would explain some of his debate and interview commentary that played well to us and to independents and democrats, but not to "typical republican voters". That said I don't know why we stuck to a Rand Paul strategy while running a Ron Paul campaign.

Nothing anybody can say will ever convince me that we weren't close. If the campaign could have pulled off a win early on...Iowa or Maine....the whole game would have changed. Knowing that we couldn't deliver a single state to him is crushing. He deserved that.

opinionatedfool
05-16-2012, 10:26 AM
It's nice to see you coming out of the woodwork, Matt!

invisible
05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm confused: is this the official thread?

V3n
05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Even early wins would have been shut out or crapped on by the media. The Internet is good, but still too young to reach every demographic in a National campaign. My biggest gripe is the media, not the campaign. To me, they are the Villain in this story.

This is a long term generational battle. It would be nice to start at the top (President) but realistically we have to start at the bottom. Still, having a man on National TV competing for the top moves us forward a lot quicker than anything else anyone could have done. That is why I still support him, his campaign, and the money bomb tomorrow.

angelatc
05-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Lesson learned for the future -- an early win is an absolute must. If you look at the field as a whole (and it was a crowded field) all of them exited the race really early with the exception of Ron of course, and the three that won an early state. Historically too, it has been that way as long as I can remember.

Iowa was doable, as was Maine. NH was never really supposed to be ours, so doing well there probably was indeed good enough.

I think it's impossible to win when when we refuse to admit that we are losing. The tendency was to blame the media, blame cheating, blame stupid people...anybody except the campaign who was supposed to manage those obstacles effectively.

Todd
05-16-2012, 10:32 AM

No..I'm saying that regardless Paul win or lose, it has always been about more than just the POTUS.

jay_dub
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Lesson learned for the future -- an early win is an absolute must. If you look at the field as a whole (and it was a crowded field) all of them exited the race really early with the exception of Ron of course, and the three that won an early state. Historically too, it has been that way as long as I can remember.

Another lesson for the future. Humbleness is an endearing quality, but will only get you so far. At some point, you have to be assertive.

sailingaway
05-16-2012, 10:35 AM

No, angeatc, just because he knew that he had secondary goals as well as wanting to win doesn't mean he didn't really try to win. This last week, and a couple other moves (the Idaho email) are specific staff decisions I have real problems with. But Ron was an underdog running, and had other goals as well. I think we all did. I want him to win as much as anyone but I ALSO knew we were changing the party, changing opinions, using Ron as the Pied Piper to wake up the apathetic -- as it worked so well for me, in 2008.

Keith and stuff
05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
"The election of numerous libertarian candidates will be a lagging indicator, not a leading indicator, of the success of a libertarian movement. The population still isn't there. Although it will be."

I am not sure who Ryan W. McMaken is but I liked his blog post. However, to say although it will be, he has to either be extremely optimistic, lying to himself, or talking about New Hampshire and the possibility of the Free State Project being so successful that it helps bring about freedom in other states.

tbone717
05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Iowa was doable, as was Maine. NH was never really supposed to be ours, so doing well there probably was indeed good enough.

I think it's impossible to win when when we refuse to admit that we are losing. The tendency was to blame the media, blame cheating, blame stupid people...anybody except the campaign who was supposed to manage those obstacles effectively.

You and I are on the same page, always have been. Looking forward, I think Santorum's strategy of visiting every one of the 99 IA counties is a good one. NH requires alot of handshaking and kissing babies, and then if SC is 3rd again it will require a strong appeal to the Evangelical base. All three are doable with the right candidate, campaign and grassroots - but we are a long way away still. But at least we can look back on this year and learn a few things.

Badger Paul
05-16-2012, 10:37 AM
I think McMaken is ultimately right but here's the thing: It isn't over until the roll call of states at the convention and then this campaign will be finished. We've done enough to earn the final act.

From there, the movement goes on...

hrdman2luv
05-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Good article.

He could've left out the "We can't win" statement..

fisharmor
05-16-2012, 10:47 AM
He could've left out the "We can't win" statement..

I think this is the crux of the matter.
After so many convention wins, people started seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, and the guy in charge says "nope, that's not gonna happen".
None of us cares about the party platform and I'm not sure why Benton seems to.
The media has been looking for some indication that it's over for Paul for months, and Benton just handed them that indicator on a silver platter.
As far as anyone knows, from now on, Paul is no longer in the race.
And we have Benton to thank for everyone believing that.

Brian4Liberty
05-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Yet the word libertarian still has a bad taste in most Republican's mouth.

IMHO, most people were pretty neutral on libertarianism until establishment Republicans and neo-conservative pundits started to use it like a curse word during this election cycle.

tsai3904
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
The media has been looking for some indication that it's over for Paul for months, and Benton just handed them that indicator on a silver platter.
As far as anyone knows, from now on, Paul is no longer in the race.
And we have Benton to thank for everyone believing that.

Does it matter what everyone thinks? We have been winning conventions when Ron Paul had been an afterthought by the media. By the way, the ones attending these conventions are the most die hard supporters. Do you honestly think some supporters will now not attend their convention because the campaign says it's unlikely we'll win? It's been unlikely that we'll win for a very long time...yet we still win conventions.

BenMuldowney
05-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Good article.

i dont need lew rockwell to explain jack to me. i have rarely seen anyone criticizing ron paul... however.. i have seen people rightfully criticize the campaign and jesee benton. lew needs to get over himself.

Travlyr
05-16-2012, 11:34 AM
i dont need lew rockwell to explain jack to me. i have rarely seen anyone criticizing ron paul... however.. i have seen people rightfully criticize the campaign and jesee benton. lew needs to get over himself.

That was Ryan W. McMaken's article and it is a very good read. People who are pissed off at the campaign either haven't done their homework or they think that Ron Paul is going to lead them to nirvana. The liberty movement is much greater than that. The powers-that-be (Bill O'Reily) told us long ago that Ron Paul was unelectable. That is because if Ron Paul becomes president their whole scheme comes crashing to the ground. It is crashing to the ground anyway, but they are not going to let it happen without cheating, lying, stealing, screaming, and beating their hands and fists on the floor first.

The R3volution continues and people need to realize that bribing the media to quit lying is a losing proposition especially when the campaign is not being funded by Goldman Sachs. Ron Paul is wise to not go into debt to fund the liars. Get off their backs.

ClydeCoulter
05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
So, Lew is gonna school us, eh? I didn't see anything that hasn't been said over and over and over since 2008.

Fact is, "Hoarding cash for TX and CA", "In it to Tampa", "You need to learn the process before calling me out" statements made me think we were "In It To Win It" all the way to Tampa. Don't know about everyone else.

Okie RP fan
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I have maybe seen one comment ill towards Dr. Paul.

To the author of that article, we have been complaining about Jesse Benton releasing questionable emails, press releases, etc. It is like he (Jesse Benton) has been on a roll the past couple days of confusing us supporters and saying things that make us question the campaign's true motives.

We have every right to question what a campaign is doing, especially one most of us have given a lot of money to.

And to those of you who criticize those who do question the campaign, back off. Ron Paul's campaign aren't the apostles of Christ, for crying out loud. Some people act like it is a sin to critique and question the campaign or Dr. Paul. No wonder some people think we are a cult.

Matt Collins
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
It's nice to see you coming out of the woodwork, Matt!I've been very busy with the MN Convention this week

Badger Paul
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
"I've been very busy with the MN Convention this week "

Yes, a good thing because we wouldn't want any "incidents" there now would we?

Acutally, Minnesota should be fairly calm because the Paul forces will dominate the event, they are very well organized and the establishment is in utter disarray there.

The question is going to be on other state conventions like Michigan, Georgia, Mississippi and Vermont where attempts could very well be mind to unbind delegates there. We'll see if the campaign or the "regulars" or "officials" as I like to call them, will have people in those states to try to hold off on any "incidents".

PC_for_Paul
05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
There was no internet in 1988, last time Ron Paul ran 3rd Party. Since then we have had Ross Perot, and more independents at lower levels.

I had hoped we would use the media blackout to move 3rd Party. I'm not a Republican. If we know the GOP doesn't want us, we know the media will black us out, then why even use the current political system to launch the revolution. This is Ron's last go, nobody else can hold this together.

I don't care if Ron endorses Mitt or not. I will vote Gary instead. What if MLK used the political system for equal rights? How long should we ride in the back of the bus hoping the GOP will let us ride upfront?

The revolution is called due to rudeness? you must be kidding me. Do you know what a revolution is? I am sure a revolution does not meakly hold it's tongue and fall in line and wait for the enemy to embrace it.

I'm glad I am not going to Tampa, I would not pay good money to sit silently. I would rather have supporters stand up and walk out than vote for Mitt.

If Ron were Ran's age, we would have the time. Who can come along and keep this at this level much less grow it? Talk about being realistic, when it's your last run, yes it is now or never.

ravedown
05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
what the hell? is everybody giving up?

Lew Rockwell to Ron Paul Delegates: Consider Skipping the Convention
Lew Rockwell does not appear to enthusiastic as to what will come out of the Republican National Convention.

Writes Lew:

[I]t will be a police-state hellhole, especially for anyone with libertarian sympathies. The swarming cops, SS, DHS, FBI, CIA, et al. will be looking for the chance to taser and cage Paulians. Trained agent provocateurs will seek to cause incidents.

I mean, he is not enthusiastic about the convention at all:

[T]he place will be full of the illegitimate rich lording it over you, arrogant types who made their fortunes through politics. A middle-class Paulian is dirt to these people. Third, the thousands of non-Paul delegates and alternates--like their heroes Romney, Palin, Gingrich, Santorum, etc., and like the media and the staffers--will be warmongers, torture fans, drone lovers, and concentration camp advocates. They will oppose the 4th amendment, the free market, Ron Paul and liberty--I could go on.

And he provides this advice to those who still may want to go:

Tampa, even more than the rest of the country, will be Occupied Terrritory. You could be targeted for wearing a Ron button, let alone refusing in some way to bow down to your betters. Now, you may want to go for the experience. Understood. After all, I did so myself, though in a less totalitarian America. But if you are a radical, keep your mouth shut, your smile pasted on, and your demeanor lackadaisacle, for your own safety. Obey everyone in a uniform or expensive suit.

And know this, some in the comments have suggested that Ron Paul has some secret plan, he doesn't. For all practical purposes the campaign is over. It's time to think beyond the Ron Paul campaign. It's time to think about other ways to advance liberty. The Ron Paul campaign has resulted in a great base of new people who are learning about liberty for the first time, they should continue their studies, they should start up blogs and learn how to communicate libertarian ideas. Let the politicians plot, liberty understood will defeat them every time, with no need to battle them at local, state and national conventions over Robert's Rules of Order that they will ignore. They can take a mic away, but they can't take out of a person's mind the beauty of liberty once a person understands it.

BenMuldowney
05-16-2012, 01:55 PM
That was Ryan W. McMaken's article and it is a very good read. People who are pissed off at the campaign either haven't done their homework or they think that Ron Paul is going to lead them to nirvana. The liberty movement is much greater than that. The powers-that-be (Bill O'Reily) told us long ago that Ron Paul was unelectable. That is because if Ron Paul becomes president their whole scheme comes crashing to the ground. It is crashing to the ground anyway, but they are not going to let it happen without cheating, lying, stealing, screaming, and beating their hands and fists on the floor first.

The R3volution continues and people need to realize that bribing the media to quit lying is a losing proposition especially when the campaign is not being funded by Goldman Sachs. Ron Paul is wise to not go into debt to fund the liars. Get off their backs.

blah blah blah... i've been in the fight for decades. i stand by my comments and appreciate some of the other posters that echoed the same thoughts. we love ron... i have seen very few criticize him (if hey do i will call them out). benton and some other staffers will be criticized when they pull this crap again. get off my back traylon.

Travlyr
05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
blah blah blah... i've been in the fight for decades. i stand by my comments and appreciate some of the other posters that echoed the same thoughts. we love ron... i have seen very few criticize him (if hey do i will call them out). benton and some other staffers will be criticized when they pull this crap again. get off my back traylon.

If you really have been at this for decades, then why don't you see the real enemy? Jesse Benton is not the enemy. Ron Paul recently asked us for $650k to keep going while Mitt Romney (gets free media coverage) and has a net worth of something like a quarter of a $Billion (http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/republicans/mitt-romney-net-worth/).

Here in Colorado we had Senator John Thune (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Thune) - SD (who voted for TARP) speak on Romney's behalf along with Bank owner and Romney cheerleader Former Congressman Bob Beauprez (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Louis_Beauprez) and Romney people passing out fake liberty slates with former Senator Hank Brown on them. Goldman Sachs simply has more money and power than Ron and his campaign team. Our side is at an extreme economic and political disadvantage no matter who is on Ron's team.

Ron Paul is smart to not go into debt to buy TV ads to dispel the TV lies because Mitt Romney is not likely to help Ron retire his campaign debt. How is beating up on Ron's campaign team and Jesse Benton going to help?

Anti Federalist
05-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Why did tbone717 get banned?

Occam's Banana
05-19-2012, 05:51 AM
i dont need lew rockwell to explain jack to me. [...] lew needs to get over himself.

So, Lew is gonna school us, eh?

The following is not meant as antagonism, but as constructive criticism: Lew Rockwell is not the author of the OP blog article. Ryan W. McMaken is.

Your points might be better taken if there was no reason for suspecting that they were motivated by anti-Rockwell sentiment (as opposed to honest disagreement with what the actual author said).

See, that's the thing about echo chambers ... all you hear are echoes.

JohnM
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Why did tbone717 get banned?

Good question. Does anyone know?

febo
05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
The article is giving us perspective is it?
Long term it'll work out .. but make sure that right now you LOSE.

Problem is, there is no long term here. The crisis is now.
Ron Paul must do everything he can to win this year. He must run 3rd Party. Obama can be defeated by Paul. Bypass Romney he's nothing. So is the GOP.

The article is just a string of strawman arguments - misrepresent the target then refute your misrepresentation. What I have a problem with is the campaign's clear message of backing off. There was no need for it. Can you picture the scene? - Benton and the GOP haggling over consolation trinkets, agreeing to make the statement, to say the words, to sell out.