PDA

View Full Version : How far can the grassroot guerilla tactics get us...

Starks
06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Back in 2003, social networking was in its infancy, it took far greater effort to mobilize an army on the Internet. Back in 2003, YouTube didn't exist, television appearances and "Maccaca" events regularly flew under the radar...

This is 2007 folks, such things have become integral to our online lives and the Internet is now a far more formidable weapon than Al Gore could've ever imagined. We have the resources and the means to bully our way into the White House, lets put 'em to good use.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-20-2007, 07:59 AM
It's good to know we have this option. But let's try to sweet talk first to get our way and only resort to the bully tactics as punishment once it's clear an organization is completely against us. Then, unleash the fury!

mdh
06-20-2007, 08:24 AM
This is 2007 folks, such things have become integral to our online lives and the Internet is now a far more formidable weapon than Al Gore could've ever imagined. We have the resources and the means to bully our way into the White House, lets put 'em to good use.

I don't know that we can "bully our way to the white house" - we can certainly make it known that excluding or otherwise messing with Ron Paul in a clearly unfair way is a bad idea though, and we should. A Ron Paul activist never forgives, never forgets. :p

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I am not a fan of bullying.

Leads to something called ... blowback.

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Yes. The fact is, the internet is the most powerful tool of information and communication in the history of humanity.

Back in 2004, wikipedia, digg, YouTube, ... even myspace was in its infancy. Facebook, meetup... the only forums around were large, centralized ones. Even blogs were barely up-and-coming.

You're right. We're displaying the internets power. It's more powerful then ever before, and continues to be more important. I agree with you.

They say Ron Paul has 'the internet'... what they fail to mention is that the internet is more powerful then the TV could ever be.

mdh
06-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I am not a fan of bullying.

Leads to something called ... blowback.

Yeah, our bullying *should only be* blowback, that it to say, in retaliation for some perceived wrong. This Iowa situation totally counts. Give 'em hell.

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, our bullying *should only be* blowback, that it to say, in retaliation for some perceived wrong. This Iowa situation totally counts. Give 'em hell.

Nice way to think of it ;-) The internet is going to be *everyone's* blowback... because thanks to the internet... *nothing* is being hidden from the internet. The old form of tactics are going to receive blowback thanks to an update in technology.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Back in 2003, social networking was in its infancy, it took far greater effort to mobilize an army on the Internet. Back in 2003, YouTube didn't exist, television appearances and "Maccaca" events regularly flew under the radar...

You need to push this stuff on the Democrat front more. That is an untapped resource!

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 08:38 AM
I gotta admit.. democrats are fun to have around. lol. They shure love controversy.

Starks
06-20-2007, 08:39 AM
You need to push this stuff on the Democrat front more. That is an untapped resource!

In what regard?

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I think just get them to realized the fallacy of the parties... How Hillary and Obama are really not the answer. How they're not really going to change things. Help them realize how Ron Paul is a different politician. If dems hear it from another dem, it'll be more creditable.

jj111
06-20-2007, 08:53 AM
We needs some good short You Tube videos made that are oriented towards liberals and traditional Democrats, to show them the differences in political records between Obama and Hillary versus Ron Paul, showing them that Ron Paul is closer to their side than the first two. Has anyone seen any such good YouTube videos yet? I don't have the technical knowhow or inclination to produce such video myself, but I would love to see one. Then we email it to all our liberal friends, and pass it around on liberal bulletin boards like e.g. MySpace Liberals...