PDA

View Full Version : Citizens, tired of waiting for government, fix road in 8 days for free

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Appears the government was dragging their feet and these residents and business owners got tired of it and fixed a roadway and in the process saved millions.

http://www.economicsjunkie.com/private-citizens-perform-4-million-road-repair-job-for-free-in-8-days/

jkr
05-14-2012, 08:39 PM
that's a paddln'

Anti Federalist
05-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Suddenly: SWAT raids and arrests of all involved, for not filing the proper federal environmental impact statements, not using union made road materials, not having gender and racial equality on the workforce that did the repairs, not carrying the proper insurance and bonding, and on and on and on...

Brian4Liberty
05-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Great story! So typical.

That highlights the fact that people should never ask for government help for anything. It only results in bloated growth of the state.

TonySutton
05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
here is another link with the same story

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-09/us/hawaii.volunteers.repair_1_repairs-wait-business-owners?_s=PM:US

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Bump.... because without government and taxes we could not have roads. :rolleyes:

Henry Rogue
05-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Suddenly: SWAT raids and arrests of all involved, for not filing the proper federal environmental impact statements, not using union made road materials, not having gender and racial equality on the workforce that did the repairs, not carrying the proper insurance and bonding, and on and on and on...
So true. Last summer I was patching my sidewalks and landscaping the area between the sidewalk and curb. the cops and city workers driving by were really eyeing me up. My neighbor told me that I had to get approval for that. I looked up on the city web sight and sure enough I’m not allowed to do that. dodged a bullet there.

Pericles
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM

You may depend upon it.