PDA

View Full Version : Today's news.

Elfshadow
05-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I just wanna point this out, as I have been reading all the reactions to todays news that Ron Paul's camp will be spending their money differently. The medias spin on this is a good thing. This means there will be less opposition at conventions because the establishment people think the game is over. They don't understand that what has been happening has been the grassroots and not the offical campaign. Less of them are going to show up while the grass roots will. All together that email was brilliant.

mport1
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I just wanna point this out, as I have been reading all the reactions to todays news that Ron Paul's camp will be spending their money differently. The medias spin on this is a good thing. This means there will be less opposition at conventions because the establishment people think the game is over. They don't understand that what has been happening has been the grassroots and not the offical campaign. Less of them are going to show up while the grass roots will. All together that email was brilliant.

There will also be a lot less enthusiastic Ron Paul supporters showing up, and a lot less money rolling in (though I guess we haven't really raised much in awhile).

Elfshadow
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
There will also be a lot less enthusiastic Ron Paul supporters showing up, and a lot less money rolling in (though I guess we haven't really raised much in awhile).

You actually think the grass roots is going to stop because of this?

mport1
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
You actually think the grass roots is going to stop because of this?

Not the hardcore supporters. But we will lose a ton of soft support.

opinionatedfool
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM

+rep

Elfshadow
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Not the hardcore supporters. But we will lose a ton of soft support.

Thats been gone for months. What we have been seeing has been the hardcore support and thats it. The soft support where those that would throw in $20 and fill in a bubble.

Warmon
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
My .02. I'm not sure exactly what to make of it yet, but if the funds are used to get professional coordinators, campaign staff, lawyers and parliamentarians to these state conventions and working directly with grass roots and delegates, then I think it will be money well spent. We also need Paul or other high profile people such as Doug Wead or Jack Hunter go and speak in person.

Indy Vidual
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
You expect to win in Tampa without soft support?
Your capacity for positive thinking is wonderful, carry on...

Sentinelrv
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM

As soon as the campaign starts promoting the money bomb on the 17th, it will clear up all this confusion and people will realize that they overreacted for nothing because it's not over. After all, why would the campaign promote a money bomb if he already dropped out? This will set the record straight about what's really going on.

JK/SEA
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM

Perhaps once that 'soft support' sees the error of their ways, they'll jump back on the bandwagon......perhaps?.....no?...

NoOneButPaul
05-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Guys, it's over.

We get a speaking platform and possibly Rand as VP.

That's what our work THIS TIME was all about.

As my sig has said since I started posting here, this is year 5 in a decades long struggle. We have made such incredible strides in the last couple of years that we should all be proud of the influence we've interjected into the party platform already. Imagine where Ron's message was in 2006 and where it is now?

We've accomplished a lot, but this POTUS fight is over, it's time to help Massie and Amash and anyone else that calls for arms. Ron's run is done. Influence and a speech is all we're getting this time.

But again, time's on our side, not there's, and we have more elections left to participate in than they do.

It's only just begun.

Elfshadow
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM

What does soft support do at this stage of the game? Will they stay for hours and hours in massive fights? Do you really think Romney is not going to win the popular votes in upcoming states? By hook or by crook he will win those. We need to do what the grassroots have been doing. Take over the GOP with the delegate process. Remove the establishments control of our party. Put liberty minded people in charge. I hope we do well with the 2012 presidential election but Ron Paul has started something far larger then that. He has awoken a good segment of the population to the fact that we don't have to roll over and take it. That our voices do still matter and that we have the means to make ourselves heard. One thing you do not need to do that is soft support.

89vision
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
1) I could careless about Rand Paul as VP. What does that even accomplish? Who cares who the VP is anyway?
2) So Dr. Paul gets a speech at the convention. It will be heavily edited by the RNC, so it will just be a cheerleader speech.

dancjm
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
From a convention viewpoint this is actually a good move. Ron has been a polarizing figure to republicans, if only because he is still in the race and mainstream republicans want to anoint Mitt. People may see the fierce and passionate RP supporters at conventions and be thinking that we are all there, encouraged by Ron and causing a nuisance.

Now they wont see us as being there fighting for Ron and his campaign, they wont see us as Ron Paul supporters (or Paulbots) if they think campaign is over.

They may then start to realize that we are fighting for Liberty, not just for Ron Paul. We are not there just to get a man we admire elected.

Making this less about a campaign for Ron Paul, and more about a campaign for Liberty, will work in our favor at this point I think.

But everybody should take note, Ron is counting on supporters continuing the fight.

Warmon
05-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Guys, it's over.

Nope, not over by a long shot. We are just now getting to the good part. NOBP

GregVernon
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I think we all knew this day would come when the campaign would close up shop and really, we ought to think about what a great ride its been! Ups and downs - and lots of work (really, hats off to everyone who became a delegate and worked countless hours. Thanks, you did incredible).

If you're upset, I only have 1 bit of advice: go look outside. Look at how many Ron Paul signs still remain up days and weeks after primaries and caucuses.

We're going to win, just keep fighting.

zachrbroussard
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't understand why he would make a press release over this. Why not just change the spending and not mention it. I honestly think this is going to put a huge halt on the movement. Look at what happened in AZ, people said its over go home. And those Ron Paul supporters did exactly that. "I guess we need to go home, no point in meeting in the parking lot."

RonRules
05-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Move that to "cold topics"