PDA

View Full Version : Michio Kaku - The Core Completely Liquified - Full Meltdown (Vid)

DamianTV
05-14-2012, 03:23 PM
http://enenews.com/professor-shocked-core-completely-liquified-left-hook-remaining-collapsed-core-chernobyl-partial-meltdown-video

Not good.

Japan - Not good. Ok, thats it. No more Nuclear Power.
U.S. - Hey! Thats a good idea! Lets build two MORE Nuclear Power Plants!

Einstein - Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Icymudpuppy
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Location of nuclear power is important to note. The ring of fire that circles the Pacific Tectonic plate is known for volcanoes and earthquakes and thus is probably not a good place to build nuclear power facilities. However, the relatively stable geologically midwest would be fine provided that facilities could withstand tornadoes and floods.

I'm not so concerned as many here. Certainly the bomb tests in the pacific Atolls produced as much radiation that would travel the jet-streams. Yes, there may be some unfortunate birth defects, and some weird new cancers, to which the Japanese operators should be held financially accountable for, but Fukushima is not the end of the world as we know it.

dannno
05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
I think free market nuclear power plants would be much smaller scale and a lot safer because insurance companies wouldn't insure plants that could do as much harm as current plant configurations.

Sam I am
05-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Meanwhile, in order to match the death toll of coal and oil workers, you'd have to have both a Fukushima and a Chernobyl every month.

Indy Vidual
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Meanwhile, in order to match the death toll of coal and oil workers, you'd have to have both a Fukushima and a Chernobyl every month.

Got cancer yet?
The radioactive particles are deadly for only ~25,0000 years.

DamianTV
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Location of nuclear power is important to note. The ring of fire that circles the Pacific Tectonic plate is known for volcanoes and earthquakes and thus is probably not a good place to build nuclear power facilities. However, the relatively stable geologically midwest would be fine provided that facilities could withstand tornadoes and floods.

I'm not so concerned as many here. Certainly the bomb tests in the pacific Atolls produced as much radiation that would travel the jet-streams. Yes, there may be some unfortunate birth defects, and some weird new cancers, to which the Japanese operators should be held financially accountable for, but Fukushima is not the end of the world as we know it.

New Madrid (Mississippi) was home to one of the most catastrophic earthquakes in history. Wouldnt suprise me if they wanted to build more Nuclear Power Plants in locations that are ultimately destined to destroy themselves. The point I was trying to make is that the US operates in the most insane ways possible. Hence the einstein quotes.