PDA

View Full Version : Money Bomb Promotion from the Campaign Will Help Clear up the Confusion

Sentinelrv
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
As some people have pointed out, I think the purpose of this email was designed to throw the media off so that they would report that he dropped out, that he's no longer a threat. With so many people believing he's no longer a threat to Mitt Romney, the state conventions should be less crowded with Romney folks. Unfortunately, the email has also shaken the confindence of many supporters as we can see from all the infighting about what it really means for the campaign. Don't forget the last words of the email...

"In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned."

With so many people overlooking this statement, I think the best thing the campaign can do tomorrow is to begin promotion for the money bomb on the 17th. This will show people that it is not over by a long shot. Why would they be having a money bomb if the media says that he dropped out? Because it's not over! Hopefully this will help maintain enthusiasm and keep people on track toward our goal of winning state conventions.

Sentinelrv
05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Also, I don't think it would have been wise to send this email out "AFTER" the money bomb took place. First, some people might feel deceived. "I sent my hard earned money to the campaign and now they won't use it to run ads, WTF!" I imagine that would be going through a lot of people's heads. Also, it might give supporters the impression that the campaign felt it didn't receive enough money from the money bomb and that it is giving up. Instead, they released the announcement "BEFORE" the money bomb in an attempt to avoid these things. And when promotion starts, people will get back on track. It may hurt the money bomb some in the end, but I think it might have been necessary to maintain the impression that the campaign is still in it to win it through the delegate strategy.

Jackie Moon
05-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Very good points, I agree. At least for myself, I think the best thing I can do right now to help is promote the Money Bomb. And if they were waiting for this to start promoting themselves than it makes sense.

Also, the Google+ Hangout would be perfect right now.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375912-Grassroots-Push-Hangout-with-Ron