PDA

View Full Version : Top of Drudge...

Havax
05-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Spin spin spin http://www.drudgereport.com/

The media will stop paying attention to Ron completely in a few days after this is out of the news cycle. Terrible move from Benton in my opinion. If you're going to do this, you have to know this would be the reaction. And if you're going to do this, make some kind of press conference so the words can come straight out of Ron's mouth and be harder to spin + get some national media recognition for some liberty positions...

openfire
05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
WTF

Tyler_Durden
05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Fucking Drudge!!!!!! No bone for months, then this.

Okie RP fan
05-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Drudge is a tool. Nothing has been posted about AZ and OK. And he jumps on that and spins it?

thoughtomator
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
When they come after Drudge for his in-kind contributions to the Romney campaign, I will keep silent.

Constitutional Paulicy
05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/abQaw_rKFS2ei0TiBoIZQw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zMjc7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/30a3fdd2fa6c030c0f0f6a7067009d80.jpg
PAUL OUT
http://www.drudgereport.com/i/logo9.gif

For the love of god. DRUDGE is a prick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mport1
05-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Didn't see this posted yet. Well this is not good...

Anybody know how to get a screen shot of that to post?

Constitutional Paulicy
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Been posted merge in 3,2,1...

hillertexas
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?376565-Top-of-Drudge...

andrer
05-14-2012, 01:26 PM

mport1
05-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Is it true?

No.

Magsec
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Won't be long until a ? is added to the end of it.

Indy Vidual
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Did Ron himself approve the wording of that email?
Did anyone remind Ron he had promised people he would stay in?

Indy Vidual
05-14-2012, 01:31 PM

carterm
05-14-2012, 01:32 PM
better get another campaign release out fast.

Apparition
05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
There goes the moneybomb........

Darthbrooklyn
05-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Denial isnt just a river in Egypt

cstarace
05-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Even if the media is spinning this, if you're the Ron Paul campaign, what the fuck did you expect? The email should've been worded more clearly. Benton has run an atrocious campaign.

Lord Xar
05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
This is NOT the first time the campaign has sent out an email in which the wording is ambiguous. I mean, they KNOW the media will jump on this..... they know this.. so they could have stressed... STRESSED!! "BECAUSE money is tight, we will be focusing on securing delegates at the local level. WE ARE NOT SUSPENDING THIS CAMPAIGN! But funds are limited and we are handing the establishment fear on a silver platter. They are afraid of us, because we are winning..."

Not sure what the email is meant to do. I mean, when I read it - I DID get the impression he was suspending. THAT WAS MY FEELING! So, uhmmmm... what the fuck did the writer think the general population would think? The Media? Something is afoot.

RonPaulMall
05-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Don't see how Drudge can be blamed for the incompetence of Paul's campaign people. How they hell did they expect that statement to be interpreted? For what earthly reason did they make it in the first place? If they didn't expect Drudge and the rest of the media to interpret it the way they did, then they are idiots.

I don't think the upshot of this is all that grave though. Severing ourselves from the ineptitude of the national campaign can be a good thing. In the 1964 election, the California Goldwater folks, sick of the national campaign wasting the money they were sending them, produced their own TV buy that the national campaign had no part of. The resulting ad (Ronald Reagan's "A Time For Choosing" or more commonly referred to as simply "The Speech") had a greater impact than the entire sum of the National Campaign's advertising effort. Never forget that the movement belongs to us, not some bumbling campaign staff. Freed of the burden of contributing to the national campaign, we can direct our moneybomb to someone who could actually do something positive with it.

steel-the-deal
05-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Here is what it should read...

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zw16v6.png

kathy88
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Can't really blame Drudge for this. That email was poorly worded. I'm pretty pissed right now. Benton just made our jobs 1000 times harder. Not only do we have to double down on our efforts in remaining contests, but now we need to convince soft support he's not officially "out." Id' like to hear from Ron himself on this. Is anything on the campaign schedule? What about all that time/money in Texas and California? I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now.

Gray Fullbuster
05-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Can't really blame Drudge for this. That email was poorly worded. I'm pretty pissed right now. Benton just made our jobs 1000 times harder. Not only do we have to double down on our efforts in remaining contests, but now we need to convince soft support he's not officially "out." Id' like to hear from Ron himself on this. Is anything on the campaign schedule? What about all that time/money in Texas and California? I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now.

No really. Benton has done this before.

He's a secret insider for the media.

Remember when he made that quote about handing our guys over to Romney in exchange for Rand on the ticket? And now he does this, yeah right. He's a shill.

tbone717
05-14-2012, 01:57 PM

The email statement is up on the campaign site with his "signature". This is Ron speaking officially. As far as events, there is one scheduled - he is speaking at the MN GOP convention. That's it.

It takes a lot of cash to keep things running and eventually the money runs out.

Apparition
05-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybe this was the changing gears that TMOT was talking about......... if you consider Park a gear...... =D

JulioForPaul
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm done with Ron Paul. If he was not suspending his campaign this was the dumbest press release in the history of politics. If he was suspending his campaign then fuck him. I've been giving money and time for him to drop out before our election here in Texas. FUCK THAT.

carterm
from ronpaul 2012.com

The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

The Magic Hoof
Maybe this was the changing gears that TMOT was talking about......... if you consider Park a gear...... =D

Link to TMOT?

hardrightedge
05-14-2012, 02:03 PM

Tmot doesn't know shit...Ron Paul quit today...

Apparition
05-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Tmot doesn't know shit...Ron Paul quit today...

Of course he does... he has a Youtube channel!
YOU TAKE IT BACK NOW!

Johnnybags
Maybe RAND can run triparty then. I wish Ron passed the torch earlier.

r3volution
I'm done with Ron Paul. If he was not suspending his campaign this was the dumbest press release in the history of politics. If he was suspending his campaign then fuck him. I've been giving money and time for him to drop out before our election here in Texas. FUCK THAT. how were you ever going to vote for him in the first place when you clearly cant read .

anewvoice
05-14-2012, 02:05 PM
What a disaster of an announcement, kills any momentum for the moneybomb, poorly toned mess..

JulioForPaul
05-14-2012, 02:10 PM
how were you ever going to vote for him in the first place when you clearly cant read .

Maybe you can't read. If he has no intention of suspending his campaign then why the fuck would you send out a release like he just did. It gives everyone the impression that he is. You can't blame the media here. It's dumb as fuck. And infuriating.

Diashi
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Re-read the email. It completely comes off as the opening of a campaign resignation. WHY would they choose to use such wording?? We're still in this and winning multiple states. It doesn't make sense.

mport1
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM

Yeah, now we have to expend a ton of effort just to convince people he isn't out. Man, what an awful email.

Diashi
05-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, now we have to expend a ton of effort just to convince people he isn't out. Man, what an awful email.

Then let's get to it.

I already emailed drudge and the author of the article. Contact Doug too for a statement.

lly4now
05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
The campaign people must have known the kind of message they were sending out. These people, especially Paul, know how politics work. They knew how the media would take it. I just wonder if this is strategy or a soft resignation...

alucard13mmfmj
05-14-2012, 02:19 PM
seems a lot of MSM is jumping on this to crush the campaign

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-ends-presidential-campaign-continues-delegate-strategy-183243109.html

wonder how the campaign wll try to dig out of this hole.

mport1
05-14-2012, 02:22 PM
The campaign people must have known the kind of message they were sending out. These people, especially Paul, know how politics work. They knew how the media would take it. I just wonder if this is strategy or a soft resignation...

I don't see how this can be a strategy. Nothing good can come of this. What the hell were they thinking? It will be that much harder to get votes, donations, delegates, etc. now that most people will assume he is out of the race.

Carlybee
05-14-2012, 02:25 PM
This could be cleared up with a press conference

Merk
05-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Top of google news now too. Stupid, stupid email.

"Ron Paul effectively ending presidential campaign" LA Times

Merk
05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
This could be cleared up with a press conference

MSM would just black it out.

alucard13mmfmj
05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
it is top news in all MSM... Ron needs to go on national TV right now to at least clear things up. The longer this fiassco goes on... the more devastating it is for donations and support.

if the campaign have money problems now, they will have even more in the near future.

Apparition
05-14-2012, 02:30 PM
it is top news in all MSM... Ron needs to go on national TV right now to at least clear things up. The longer this fiassco goes on... the more devastating it is for donations and support.

if the campaign have money problems now, they will have even more in the near future.

This would be a brilliant move if only he did get on national TV while all eyes are on him and he was all like "SIKE!!!! I'M STILL STEAMROLLING HARD AND WE ARE MONEYBOMBING LIKE MOFOS UP IN HERE.. WE'RE GOING TO TEXAS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Sneaky sneaky.

Carlybee
05-14-2012, 02:32 PM

No because they would be expecting him to announce hes suspending and it would be live

Carlybee
05-14-2012, 02:32 PM

No because they would be expecting him to announce hes suspending and it would be live

mport1
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM

Yep, as far as everybody except hardcore supporters are concerned, Ron Paul has quit. That is unlikely to change. The MSM has already put this out there, and they will not retract it.

MelissaCato
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
I can't believe this is happening. How long do we have to stay tuned ? Darn it.

back2basics
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
maybe people will start to wake up now... some Machiavellian shit

Okie RP fan
05-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Quit sticking up for Drudge and saying "can't blame him."

Drudge has given us very little coverage and has refused to cover the AZ and OK conventions this weekend. And then, BAM! He posts this story almost immediately?

hkbrandt
05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Drudge has 'jumped the shark'.

lasenorita
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
So when Ron Paul didn't actively campaign in the Florida primary using Drudge's flawless logic Paul must have been 'out' back then, too? :p

According to the media, actively accumulating delegates is apparently a "losing" strategy. Asking for donations and formulating a delegate strategy means Paul is "suspending" his campaign. Using money wisely in order to pave a way to the convention is 'bowing' out.

Are we in the Twilight Zone? :eek:

BenMuldowney
05-14-2012, 02:47 PM

Drudge has given us very little coverage and has refused to cover the AZ and OK conventions this weekend. And then, BAM! He posts this story almost immediately?

the fudge report has always been a banker friendly site. matt fudge is a romney butt boy and romney is a goldman sachs butt boy.. so what did you all expect?

BenMuldowney
05-14-2012, 02:51 PM
just a horrible email announcement. all ron had to do was announce this internally and say it in a positive fashion:

"Dear Friends.

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. recently we have had great success at the state conventions so i have decided to focus our resources 100% on supporting our local delegates and the grass roots campaign. we look forward to heading to tampa with a very large delegation. keep up the great work!!!

Dr Ron Paul"

mport1
05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
just a horrible email announcement. all ron had to do was announce this internally and say it in a positive fashion:

"Dear Friends.

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. recently we have had great success at the state conventions so i have decided to focus our resources 100% on supporting our local delegates and the grass roots campaign. we look forward to heading to tampa with a very large delegation. keep up the great work!!!

Dr Ron Paul"

Yep. That would have been sufficient.

affa
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm done with Ron Paul. If he was not suspending his campaign this was the dumbest press release in the history of politics. If he was suspending his campaign then fuck him. I've been giving money and time for him to drop out before our election here in Texas. FUCK THAT.

get over yourself. if you gave one whit for liberty, you'd not be whining like a baby but instead working double hard to get RP in office.

asmartchimp
05-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Ron Paul is a terrible politician. With Ron as our candidate and the media being completely against us it was impossible to win the nomination.

alucard13mmfmj
05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Ron Paul is a terrible politician. With Ron as our candidate and the media being completely against us it was impossible to win the nomination.

that is why ron is great in many people's eyes. he is a terrible politician.

rand seems to be more of a politician... if rand doesnt piss off the more sensitive people in the liberty crowd, he might have a better chance.

Carlybee
05-14-2012, 03:17 PM

If you want a politician vote for Obama. I want a statesman.

Romulus
05-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I blame Drudge

Has he said a damn word about any state that Ron Paul has won recently?

Screw Drudge. He's no different than the whore media the way he acts.

WesSeid
05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
that is why ron is great in many people's eyes. he is a terrible politician.

rand seems to be more of a politician... if rand doesnt piss off the more sensitive people in the liberty crowd, he might have a better chance.

Rand Paul will be President one day. Guaranteed.

alucard13mmfmj
05-14-2012, 03:23 PM
one day... country might be a sh1thole in a couple of years. hehehe. i think that is why many people are putting so much effort on ron because they see that the sh1t is gonna hit the fan soon. it is an effort to blunt the sword of disaster or even prevent the sword from hitting us.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
A couple of us has been saying Matt Drudge couldn't be trusted for awhile now.

The conservative media gatekeepers are part of the reason we are in this mess. They are controlled. Check their backgrounds. They are usually interesting with bizarre information in them. Like Farah used to work for the weatherman underground and was a communist, etc.

CJLauderdale4
05-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Epic fail OR nice jedi mind trick...

Me no know...

romancito
05-14-2012, 03:27 PM
So when Ron Paul didn't actively campaign in the Florida primary using Drudge's flawless logic Paul must have been 'out' back then, too? :p

According to the media, actively accumulating delegates is apparently a "losing" strategy. Asking for donations and formulating a delegate strategy means Paul is "suspending" his campaign. Using money wisely in order to pave a way to the convention is 'bowing' out.

Are we in the Twilight Zone? :eek:

Finally someone reading right. I see this as doing the right thing at the right time. The last two conventions in AR and OK were tough because the Ron Paul crowd came out at the aggressors. After that people began complaining they needed support at the conventions. Support at the conventions is what Ron Paul is going to do. Campaigning in primaries needs to stop and preparations for the Convention in Tampa need to begin.

Diashi
05-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Doug just wrote back:

"I'm on it"

Keep fighting the misinformation. We haven't come this far to quit.

mport1
05-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Doug just wrote back:

"I'm on it"

I feel sorry for him always having to clean up the mess.

alucard13mmfmj
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Finally someone reading right. I see this as doing the right thing at the right time. The last two conventions in AR and OK were tough because the Ron Paul crowd came out at the aggressors. After that people began complaining they needed support at the conventions. Support at the conventions is what Ron Paul is going to do. Campaigning in primaries needs to stop and preparations for the Convention in Tampa need to begin.

that does make sense. to prevent any more rump conventions or doing the wrong things that might hurt the delegate process. campaign knows the popular vote is f**ked and they are gambling it all on delegates and if the delegates will be unbound at the RNC.

teacherone
05-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Epic fail OR nice jedi mind trick...

Me no know...

both!

Diashi
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
If we can donate anything without taking away from the upcoming moneybomb, we should do so.

ohgodno
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I feel sorry for him always having to clean up the mess.

Can we arrange a fight between Benton and Kokesh? Hopefully they'll break each others jaws, and then it wont be an issue for them to keep their mouths shut.

Lothario
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I didn't see this anywhere in this forum...

MSM just not understanding the delegate process?

www.drudgereport.com/ (http://www.drudgereport.com/)

speciallyblend
05-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Can we arrange a fight between Benton and Kokesh? Hopefully they'll break each others jaws, and then it wont be an issue for them to keep their mouths shut.

personally i would like to see a cage match between you and adam kokesh! stfu

bluesc
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Drudge has been in Romney's pocket from the beginning. He will milk this for as long as possible.

Lothario
05-14-2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rA_SgT0SFM

mport1
05-14-2012, 03:56 PM

It's bound to happen. I don't think it needs to be arranged.

ronpaulfollower999
05-14-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rA_SgT0SFM

WAR…seriously?? SERIOUSLY?!! Why the hell is he speaking for us?

HOLLYWOOD
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM

Drudge has 'jumped the shark'.

I blame Drudge

Has he said a damn word about any state that Ron Paul has won recently?

Screw Drudge. He's no different than the whore media the way he acts.

Doug just wrote back:

"I'm on it"

DRUDGE = MITT ROMNEY Campaign Central

http://www.mittromney.com/drudge

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/RON%20PAUL%202012/MITTROMNEY_DRUDGE.png

Copenhagen
05-14-2012, 04:25 PM
It seemed like a logical decision. But the media is all over it like flies on ****. They'll do anything for their masters.

catdd
05-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Screw that guy, where's he get off?

Bosco Warden
05-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Well go over and tell him what a great job he is doing. Friggin asshole.

https://www.facebook.com/WayneAllynRoot

Bosco Warden
05-14-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSwufb2x40

EBounding
05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm done with Drudge.

jacksonunit
05-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Drudge is a good newsman, just not good enough to avoid the shiny object we used to lure him in. I think he already spit the hook though. The "Paul Out" link is down this morning while many older less significant links remain. Somebody at DR did a little looking around and realized they were being played. Or, maybe Matt knew all along and went for the ride anyway. I'm pretty sure he's not a big Mittany fan.

speciallyblend
05-15-2012, 05:48 AM
something to take away the smell of S&*T after visiting drudge. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?376713-The-Republicans-Partys-Ron-Paul-Problem!!-Brian-Doherty&p=4426361#post4426361