PDA

View Full Version : Can we reserve a space in the parking lot for the night after the Tampa convention?

Elwar
05-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Roberts Rules states that a rump convention has to be located at the same address.

I can see the RNC trying to shut down the national convention stating "Mitt Romney is our presidential candidate, meeting adjourned" as they usher everyone out with the help of the local police department and turn out the lights.

If we have a space reserved outside and go through all of the legal hoops to make sure that we are allowed to gather there, then we can continue the convention and elect Ron Paul.

I can see Tampa as being a big clusterf*#k. The establishment and the media will declare Romney the winner and spin the Ron Paul supporters as "crazy". Even though it will be found out later that Ron Paul actually won. But by then it will be too late.

JK/SEA
05-14-2012, 08:21 AM
put the local pizza parlors on notice, and either have a bullhorn or a self contained karoke machine at the ready. And a bonofide parliamentarian on retainer.

sailingaway
05-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I am told we should not use 'rump' convention but 'continuation of convention' which actually describes what our guys did. A rump convention is apparently an entirely separate event and wouldn't have had valid results in this instance whereas what our guys did was a continuation, and the results, by the rules, are valid.

Maybe OWS will share the free speech cage with us.....

Maximus
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I am told we should not use 'rump' convention but 'continuation of convention' which actually describes what our guys did. A rump convention is apparently an entirely separate event and wouldn't have had valid results in this instance whereas what our guys did was a continuation, and the results, by the rules, are valid.

Maybe OWS will share the free speech cage with us.....

This, stop saying "rump convention" wipe it from your memory.

shane77m
05-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Everyone going to Tampa should learn some hand to hand self defense techniques. It appears that the Romney crowd like to get physical.

V3n
05-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Roberts Rules states that a rump convention has to be located at the same address.

I can see the RNC trying to shut down the national convention stating "Mitt Romney is our presidential candidate, meeting adjourned" as they usher everyone out with the help of the local police department and turn out the lights.

If we have a space reserved outside and go through all of the legal hoops to make sure that we are allowed to gather there, then we can continue the convention and elect Ron Paul.

I can see Tampa as being a big clusterf*#k. The establishment and the media will declare Romney the winner and spin the Ron Paul supporters as "crazy". Even though it will be found out later that Ron Paul actually won. But by then it will be too late.

back to this... We've seen it play out in multiple States now, there's every reason to believe Tampa will be the culmination... this is an important subject and we should look at every angle and have every duck lined up... Can we use the parking lot, or have some other room or something with the same address lined up..?

surf
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
a "free speach" zone?

airborne373
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM

Best option is be prepared for the best ... Ron Paul is the nominee and the worst ... DHS surrounds and arrests RP delegates in the parking lot. Not being funny it is a low level probability to consider.