PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch Family Guy tonight....? *sigh* (All about the "Tea Party")...

Reason
05-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Anyone else watch Family Guy tonight....? *sigh* (All about the "Tea Party")...

Apparently the Tea Party wants anarchy.

James Madison
05-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Family Guy ceased to be funny years ago.

NewRightLibertarian
05-13-2012, 11:58 PM

If only!

But seriously, I skipped it because I saw what it was about. I bet it had the part where Peter learned that we needed the government to keep us safe, educate our children, pave the roads and keep the rich from exploiting us. What vomit-inducing swill it must have been.

fr33
05-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I laughed but I felt the criticism aimed at me as well. They could have been more accurate in making fun of the tea party rather than painting the tea party as anarchists, which they certainly are not.

Drex
05-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Family guy sucks.. they have no content whatsoever. They prolong their clips with the same garbage. I caught a clip of ' American Dad ' and they had a scene of a teacher who said he couldn't get fired because of his ' tenure ' then proceeds to kick a kid in the face hahahaha

bluesc
05-14-2012, 12:06 AM
South Park ftw.

AcousticFoodie
05-14-2012, 12:24 AM
That was pretty bad tonight. They even made an implicit dig at ron paul supporters towards the end (peter's last joke).

Anti Federalist
05-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Family Guy ceased to be funny years ago.

This.

Just like Simpsons, which, for the first 10 years or so, almost every episode was written, produced or consulted by John Schwartzwelder, a libertarian.

James Madison
05-14-2012, 12:43 AM
This.

Just like Simpsons, which, for the first 10 years or so, almost every episode was written, produced or consulted by John Schwartzwelder, a libertarian.

Very true. There's a lot of libertarians involved in adult cartoons. Matt and Trey, Mike Judge, Schwartzwelder.

If you're looking for an awesome funny, yet sad, movie I recommend Idiocracy (Mike Judge).

Eisenhower
05-14-2012, 01:01 AM
All of the animated series on FOX tonight were very politically influenced. Seemed like the writers were pro-Obama.

NewRightLibertarian
05-14-2012, 01:03 AM
If you're looking for an awesome funny, yet sad, movie I recommend Idiocracy (Mike Judge).

I can't watch that anymore. It too closely resembles reality

Anti Federalist
05-14-2012, 01:26 AM

I have had that on the list for a long, long time now.

I've been a fan of Judge for 20 years now, Beavis and Butthead slayed me.

But, I'm really terrified that watching Idiocracy would prove to be too "real".

Danke
05-14-2012, 02:03 AM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103666/idea-balls

soulcyon
05-14-2012, 02:20 AM
haha I was raging about this episode in RPF chat.

Peter's ending speech made me LMAO at the ignorance of the scriptwriters

edit: oh yeah, this guy wrote that specific episode

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090720014039/familyguy/images/d/d5/Patrick_Meighan_2.jpg

MikeStanart
05-14-2012, 06:59 AM
To sum up the episode:

"The Tea Party wants NO government. They're ignorant retards being manipulated by corporate America; thus any organization or even connection to the philosophy is therefore ignorant".

I'm no longer watching this trashy show. Propaganda BS.

Ronulus
05-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Seth McFarlan is a big Obama fan. Also pretty leftist.

Czolgosz
05-14-2012, 07:14 AM
McFarlan is a pinko but the show makes me lol.

talkingpointes
05-14-2012, 07:15 AM

I always thought it was ironic how much liberals hate Fox until it comes to entertainment, and a paycheck. Family guy was funny until they tried to compete with Southpark.

WilliamShrugged
05-14-2012, 07:18 AM

Yep. I used to be a big fan of the show until he started putting more of his political views as the format of each episode (around season 6-7). I own the first five volumes and during a episode on gay marriage. In the commentary, someone mentions how communism sounds great on paper, and he (Seth McFarlan) laughs and agrees.

Athan
05-14-2012, 08:06 AM
That was pretty bad tonight. They even made an implicit dig at ron paul supporters towards the end (peter's last joke).
Ah, well then its offical. I can now stop enjoying family guy now that I have a reason. The show started to suck anyway. I still have Robot Chicken and American Dad.

Ranger29860
05-14-2012, 08:22 AM

You know Beavis and Butthead is back on the air right? The episodes are pretty good to.

soulcyon
05-14-2012, 08:47 AM
MacFarlane* guys, not McFarlan <3

hes a cool guy, but his political views (like most other hollywood indoctrinites) are misguided. If he is ever open to a discussion, like any other reasonable human being, we can easily convince of an-cap or minarchist views. Don't bash on him when you haven't even heard him openly speak of his political views or argument thereof. This is a very childish attitude I've seen lately on the forums.

AuH20
05-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Umm. You've never seen MacFarlane on Bill Maher?? Youtube it. He's a smug yet very talented prick. :)

soulcyon
05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
He's a smug yet very talented prick. :)amen

AuH20
05-14-2012, 09:08 AM
amen

Ever hear him sing? He's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D0DYYFKT5c

Ranger29860
05-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Ever hear him sing? He's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D0DYYFKT5c

I'm pretty sure he does all the songs on the show also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yYmXgDGl0s&feature=related

phill4paul
05-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Re- runs for me. With all the current administrations fodder the last thing I care to see is a liberal bashing of the Tea Party.

Icymudpuppy
05-14-2012, 09:50 AM
While I thought the premise behind Idiocracy was good, and the overall plot of the problem that had to be solved was good, I was disappointed by the extreme overuse of fart and sex jokes (same problem I have with Beavis and Butthead), and the suspension of disbelief that people who can't figure out the rudimentaries of tending a crop would somehow be able to custom build monster trucks.

jkr
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I always thought it was ironic how much liberals hate Fox until it comes to entertainment, and a paycheck.

because they are fake.
fox is a liberal channel, some just dont know it yet...

mczerone
05-14-2012, 10:20 AM

At least I know you're not putting off watching it so that you can watch another episode of "Ow My Balls" or go to the dome to watch Beef Supreme run his Monster Truck over political prisoners.

Idiocracy is the best social commentary I think I've ever seen.

Joe:Brawndo::Ron Paul:Federal Reserve.

mczerone
05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
To sum up the episode:

"The Tea Party wants NO government. They're ignorant retards being manipulated by corporate America; thus any organization or even connection to the philosophy is therefore ignorant".

I'm no longer watching this trashy show. Propaganda BS.

If you're looking to replace it with another 1/2 hour comedy, try "Community" on NBC instead. The last couple episodes have been great: incompetent bureaucratic leadership cedes control to an out of control military junta, which installs its own puppet leader to sign off on their abuses.

It's well written and pushes the sitcom format to the limits. I've yet to be "offended" by their world view, as I have been for nearly EVERY episode I've seen recently of the Simpsons or Family Guy. American Dad is slightly better, but it still boils down to stereotypical right vs. stereotypical left jokes that rightly make fun of both, but they don't recognize that there's any other school of thought in the world.

thesnake742
05-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I posit this will make me very angry.

mczerone
05-14-2012, 10:34 AM
While I thought the premise behind Idiocracy was good, and the overall plot of the problem that had to be solved was good, I was disappointed by the extreme overuse of fart and sex jokes (same problem I have with Beavis and Butthead), and the suspension of disbelief that people who can't figure out the rudimentaries of tending a crop would somehow be able to custom build monster trucks.

I thought the sex and fart jokes were funny because they were jokes on the characters laughing at them. It exposed their mindless humor and lack of adult insights.

As far as "suspending disbelief" - would you believe that people who can't understand that central banking is killing the economy could simultaneously be planning a trip to Mars? It wasn't so much that they couldn't figure out that water was better for the crops, it was that they were hoodwinked by Brawndo and the Federal Govt to think that it was stupid to put "toilet water" on plants because plants crave Brawndo. Brawndo, it's what plants crave. It was about reducing the population to nothing but mindless parrots of propaganda, just like people today think that money and the economy needs central banking to work. The Federal Reserve, it's what stable economies crave.

NIU Students for Liberty
05-14-2012, 12:19 PM
I loathe Seth Macfarlane so nothing made me happier when Penn Jillette called out his BS to his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6OnyxnBT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SAl0NVEHQ&feature=related

Jonse
05-14-2012, 10:22 PM

I can't stop laughing, oh god.