PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Republican 3rd Congressional District Convention Full Video Results

clint4liberty
05-13-2012, 08:56 PM
This is the official video of the Republican 3rd Congressional District Convention results: http://qik.com/video/50960944

This is the official radio show of the liberty movement in Kentucky: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ky-grassroots-radio

cevans93
05-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't have time to watch the video, so what were the results? Did we win anything or were we outnumbered?

wetroof
05-13-2012, 09:48 PM
The pre-arranged slate passed 74 to 52. so that means no RP delegates I assume. It had to be voted down 50% +1 to allow the nomination of delegates from the floor to the RNC. Mitch McConnell was on the passing slate FWIW.

opinionatedfool
05-13-2012, 09:50 PM
This is the official video of the Republican 3rd Congressional District Convention results: http://qik.com/video/50960944

This is the official radio show of the liberty movement in Kentucky: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ky-grassroots-radio

Lol, an hour and a half? Can you summarize? Delegate numbers?

clint4liberty
05-13-2012, 09:54 PM
No, no the delegate call the question vote was 63 to 63 and the final result after 5/6 delegates plea to be seated was 71 to 55. The vote you are talking about was not about the actual delegates, but I believe the crucial early vote rule cmte report or permanent officers.

opinionatedfool
05-13-2012, 09:55 PM
No, no the delegate call the question vote was 63 to 63 and the final result after 5/6 delegates plea to be seated was 71 to 55. The vote you are talking about was not about the actual delegates, but I believe the crucial early vote rule cmte report or permanent officers.

What does this mean? Did we get delegates or not?

clint4liberty
05-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes, Mitch McConnell is a delegate from the 3rd District Convention. Rand Paul is setup to be a national delegate from the Second Congressional District.

Brendan Wenzel
05-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Would be cool to have Rand in Tampa as a national delegate.

sailingaway
05-13-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm glad Rand will be there. He was at the 1976 convention when his Dad led the Texas delegation for Reagan.

opinionatedfool
05-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Yes, Mitch McConnell is a delegate from the 3rd District Convention. Rand Paul is setup to be a national delegate from the Second Congressional District.

So two total from the state? Or did the 3rd just go so far?

clint4liberty
05-13-2012, 10:25 PM
So far, Mitt Romney has 12/45 delegates for the RNC from Kentucky and 9/45 alternates as well. The Fourth Congressional District GOP Convention may be disputed, but I do not have any details at the moment. Two pro liberty county delegates were disqualified for filing the
paperwork wrong so the vote was 82-70 on the most crucial votes of the day.

sailingaway
05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Thank you for updating us!

clint4liberty
05-13-2012, 10:29 PM
The First and Fifth Congressional Districts in Kentucky were not even close. The Second and Sixth Congressional districts are yet to be held.

bluesc
Rand Paul is setup to be a national delegate from the Second Congressional District.

... A delegate for Ron, right?

bluesc
I'm glad Rand will be there. He was at the 1976 convention when his Dad led the Texas delegation for Reagan.

That's pretty cool, didn't know that.

clint4liberty
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
If Rand Paul does not support his father in Tampa at the RNC then Lord help us.

bluesc
05-13-2012, 10:31 PM
If Rand Paul does not support his father in Tampa at the RNC then Lord help us.

I'd find it quite humorous. How would the Paul delegates react?

Dogsoldier
05-13-2012, 10:34 PM
We lost Kentucky?Seriously?Even with Rand winning there?

Sola_Fide
05-13-2012, 10:36 PM
We lost Kentucky?Seriously?Even with Rand winning there?

Believe me, Kentucky is probably where the "I like Rand Paul but I hate Ron Paul" idea probably started. We have a lot of work to do in Ky.

opinionatedfool
05-13-2012, 10:37 PM
The First and Fifth Congressional Districts in Kentucky were not even close. The Second and Sixth Congressional districts are yet to be held.

WOW.

I'm depressed.

Sola_Fide
05-13-2012, 10:40 PM
WOW.

I'm depressed.

Kentucky is ground zero for good-ol-boy party control. There's only a few spots around the state where liberty people have been able to break through and take control of the party machinery.

opinionatedfool
05-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Kentucky is ground zero for good-ol-boy party control. There's only a few spots around the state where liberty people have been able to break through and take control of the party machinery.

I see. Well, good luck with everything else that needs to be done there. We'll appreciate anything you can do!

juvanya
05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Rand Paul is setup to be a national delegate from the Second Congressional District.NICE

I'm glad Rand will be there. He was at the 1976 convention when his Dad led the Texas delegation for Reagan.Fact of the Day.

The First and Fifth Congressional Districts in Kentucky were not even close. The Second and Sixth Congressional districts are yet to be held.What does this mean? 1st and 5th were good or very bad?

TheTyke
05-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Here's the thing... the campaign is completely 100% ignoring KY for whatever reason. No response to calls and emails from people who worked in 2008 or chaired counties for Rand. For example, some of us volunteered and spent time sorting out the rules and process and were trying to get the information out on what was needed to win.... but we couldn't get contacts for other counties to inform Paul supporters of the process, beyond the contacts we had left over from previous campaigns. Unlike 2008, there is not even a state coordinator, a dollar spent, or a visit from Dr. Paul with 8 days to go to our primary. Rand Paul, to his credit, independently sent out an email telling supporters when the conventions were - but not explaining how important they were or what's at stake.

So whatever we get in KY, it's completely grassroots without any encouragement or contact sharing by the campaign. I think this actually reflects well on the intensity of Ron's support - we are still getting 30-40% of the convention vote despite almost the worst possible conditions. I haven't said much on this because many states where they work are doing quite well... I assume other states had strategic priority or KY got lost in the shuffle. We'll do the best we can, but at this point it's looking like we shouldn't get much out of KY. Just hope we get to the 15% threshold to take some bound delegates from Romney.

Sola_Fide
05-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Here's the thing... the campaign is completely 100% ignoring KY for whatever reason. No response to calls and emails from people who worked in 2008 or chaired counties for Rand. For example, some of us volunteered and spent time sorting out the rules and process and were trying to get the information out on what was needed to win.... but we couldn't get contacts for other counties to inform Paul supporters of the process, beyond the contacts we had left over from previous campaigns. Unlike 2008, there is not even a state coordinator, a dollar spent, or a visit from Dr. Paul with 8 days to go to our primary. Rand Paul, to his credit, independently sent out an email telling supporters when the conventions were - but not explaining how important they were or what's at stake.

So whatever we get in KY, it's completely grassroots without any encouragement or contact sharing by the campaign. I think this actually reflects well on the intensity of Ron's support - we are still getting 30-40% of the convention vote despite almost the worst possible conditions. I haven't said much on this because many states where they work are doing quite well... I assume other states had strategic priority or KY got lost in the shuffle. We'll do the best we can, but at this point it's looking like we shouldn't get much out of KY. Just hope we get to the 15% threshold to take some bound delegates from Romney.

^^^

walt
05-14-2012, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry but that is lame. People at the national campaign should be held responsible. People should divert all funds to grassroots activities from this point onward if they aren't going to execute in every state.

TrishW
05-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Maybe they are afraid of hurting Rand? But how does it makes sense that they love Rand and hate Ron? Doesn't Rand want the same things Ron wants?

lib3rtarian
05-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Oh you mean the campaign neglected yet another state? I didn't see THAT coming!

LibertyEagle
05-14-2012, 07:08 AM

Why are you trying to contact people who were on RAND's campaign? I would imagine there are a number of people who supported Rand, but not Ron. Why not contact RON'S campaign?

sailingaway
05-14-2012, 07:45 AM

the campaign couldn't afford to staff 50 states. They chose the caucus states where the rules and demographics best favored Ron to do a full delegate push. The rest in ALL the states is grass roots. The campaign is low on cash now relatively speaking and doesn't respond that well to what the grass roots in 50 states needs as a result, so we do what we can. Which is what you are doing, obviously.

If there is a key area coming up, like AZ with its state convention and apparently no independent professional parliamentarian, then shout out, though. Discretely, though so as to not telegraph a punch.

TheTyke
05-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Sailing - Exactly, that's why I don't make a big deal about it. Just wish people who were confirmed Paul coordinators from 08 or Rand's campaign could've gotten some contact info of other supporters so the volunteers (free) could've had something to follow up on with convention instructions/training.

Trish - Rand had the money and campaign to craft his own image. Ron doesn't, so here it is mostly up to the media, who always paint a very unflattering image.

LE - Might need to reread.

sailingaway
05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Sailing - Exactly, that's why I don't make a big deal about it. Just wish people who were confirmed Paul coordinators from 08 or Rand's campaign could've gotten some contact info of other supporters so the volunteers (free) could've had something to follow up on with convention instructions/training.

Trish - Rand had the money and campaign to craft his own image. Ron doesn't, so here it is mostly up to the media, who always paint a very unflattering image.

LE - Might need to reread.

I'm assuming you did the meet up and facebook route?

I mean, as a quick glance, there seem to be 17 groups w/in 100 miles of Louisville KY

http://ron-paul.meetup.com/cities/us/ky/louisville/?sort=default&allGroups=true&radius=100

and I'm sure you have grass roots facebook accounts: http://www.facebook.com/RP2012KY (there may be others, too)

Tiso0770
05-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I have seen on the tube, that Rand did in fact stated that he OFFICIALLY endorses Ron.

clint4liberty
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM

The clear cut results for the First and Fifth Congressional District went to Mitt Romney in a 2 to 1 vote. When Mr. Stephens passed away the unity slate movement is Kentucky never recovered. Mitt Romney among Republicans is seen in Kentucky as the candidate who will clinich the nomination by early June 2012.

juvanya
05-15-2012, 12:31 AM

So whatever we get in KY, it's completely grassroots without any encouragement or contact sharing by the campaign. I think this actually reflects well on the intensity of Ron's support - we are still getting 30-40% of the convention vote despite almost the worst possible conditions. I haven't said much on this because many states where they work are doing quite well... I assume other states had strategic priority or KY got lost in the shuffle. We'll do the best we can, but at this point it's looking like we shouldn't get much out of KY. Just hope we get to the 15% threshold to take some bound delegates from Romney.Ill say this again, the national campaign has the same competency as the Bush administration on 9/11. I dont know if its deliberate or not. Maybe they want us to be rugged individualists and figure it out on our own so we can build a real grassroots, but that doesnt excuse things like not making an effort in the two way race in VA and the state his son freaking won.

parocks
05-15-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry but that is lame. People at the national campaign should be held responsible. People should divert all funds to grassroots activities from this point onward if they aren't going to execute in every state.

And that will just mean that they have the money to execute in fewer states. This process is what you've been watching for months now, except people aren't donating to grassroots. Ron Paul is doing a great job compared to Gingrich and Santorum. For them, money stopped. We still have some money to do some things, but with not winning, the money slowed down. That's what today's email was all about. They don't have the money to do every single thing that people want to have done. Maine, 21/21 delegates, was official campaign. More money to the official campaign means more results.