PDA

View Full Version : Observation #3 from my experience at the AZ Republican State Convention

MrAustin
05-13-2012, 12:39 PM
The Ron Paul grassroots is shooting itself in the foot when we become violent (visually, verbally, or physically).

We simply can't become rude, fanatical, or un-civilized. It validates people’s assumptions about us, and makes it very easy for the GOP to turn other republicans against us. We need to understand that those other republicans are clay in the GOP’s hands. By being obnoxious, we are giving the GOP ammo AND a strategy to defeat us. Last night I heard Romney people refer to us many times as rude, offensive, and obnoxious, and at the end (after the circus at the end) I actually overheard some people refer to us by saying “The really are a NAZI party.” (They didn’t know I was walking behind them.) Some people told me compassionately that what we are doing (all the chouting and interrupting makes us look really bad). The pirate outfits and the hippie outfits aren’t helping either. Just to clarify, anyone who wants to do that has my full support - not that you need it of course – I’m just saying, it isn’t helping. Period. Question to ponder - are you trying to help support a cause, or are you trying to just gratify your own frustration and throw up a middle finger at the system?

As Gahndi taught, if we are civil and non-voilent (and I would add: in our words, dress, and actions) the rest of the people will be able to see more clearly the violence that is committed (by the GOP and the media) against us. By the end of the night last night, I honestly did not want to be associated with either group. My only choices it seemed were to be part of a mob, or part of a flock of sheep. How about a determined but civil group of true patriots? That’s the movement I want to be a part of. I am all for CIVILLY holding a rump convention, if circumstances necessitate it, but if we don't know what we are doing, we shouldn't pretend to. It needs to be done right, people need to hear what is going on, and we need to do it by the book. Otherwise it just looks like someone jumping on a bar counter and shouting hip hip "horray!!!!" No offense to those who made honest attempts last night. Our actions have consequences though.

Yes, we are frustrated, angry (and well justified to feel those feelings) and the fight isn’t fair, but if we lose our cool and become uncivil, we lose. We might as well just throw rocks through Romney’s windows (which would obviously be a very stupid idea). So let’s refraign from throwing metophorical “rocks” at people at the convetions. Just show up and take over civilly. Make the GOP start throwing the rocks – that’s what we want, and our cause will be enhanced greatly when we get to that point.

BenMuldowney
05-13-2012, 12:50 PM
sorry.. but i disagree 100% with this whole cowering bit. i for one dont care what the idiots that sit on their couches watching american idol think. and give me a break on this whole gandhi crap.. he was a theosophist (UN commie luciferian). how well did that philosophy work out for the german jews?

FSP-Rebel
05-13-2012, 12:53 PM
sorry.. but i disagree 100% with this whole cowering bit. i for one dont care what the idiots that sit on their couches watching american idol think. and give me a break on this whole gandhi crap.. he was a theosophist (UN commie luciferian). how well did that philosophy work out for the german jews?
It isn't cowering, it's putting forth a good PR image. They have the media in their pocket is you haven't noticed and it can be used to demonize us. So, acting like a polished, grown adult is the way to go.

BenMuldowney
05-13-2012, 12:59 PM
It isn't cowering, it's putting forth a good PR image. They have the media in their pocket is you haven't noticed and it can be used to demonize us. So, acting like a polished, grown adult is the way to go.

sorry.. been at this game for a long long time and i gave up on waiting for the sheeple/media to embrace us if we walk around like effeminate men.

angelatc
05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
sorry.. been at this game for a long long time and i gave up on waiting for the sheeple/media to embrace us if we walk around like effeminate men.

Uhm. nobody is saying you should be effeminate. But if you're a foul mouthed hot head, you're not going to go anywhere but jail.

Dary
05-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Why would I have any reason to be violent unless of course someone was using violence against me?

Are you saying that I shouldn't defend myself with violence even if necessary?

I can just hear it now if we didn't defend ourselves... "Oh the Ron Paul supporters are just a bunch of wimps. I'd never vote for someone whose supporters won't even defend themselves."

Damed it you do. Damned if you don't.

I gotta agree with Ben.

idiom
05-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Maybe we need delegate training camps like the civil rights campaigners used to have, where we teach the delegates not to react to having their hair pulled or cigarette burns....

Or being beaten with sticks...

How badly do you want your freedom?

http://i.imgur.com/o34a0.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-13-2012, 01:39 PM
We simply can't become rude, fanatical, or un-civilized.

Always good advise.

CaptainAmerica
05-13-2012, 01:57 PM
People sitting in front of me ( an old couple) were impressed by our organization and were very upset about how their CD voting went . They said that Ron Paul voters were cheated in one CD. I did hear directly from a delegate in a different CD that the ballots were being scanned on the wrong lines which would move the markings from Ron Paul slate names to romney slate names...and the way that the CD discovered that was because a woman who is a ron paul voter but didn't even want to be voted for and was not on the slate got voted in as delegate...which brought up some major questions about how it occurred...which then pointed towards the ballots being scanned 1 mark up from the names that were suppose to be marked. This kind of corruption was exposed by ron paul voters who began asking lots of questions ....and so it disenfranchised the people sitting in front of me and turned them towards Ron Pauls camp.

MrAustin
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM

You misunderstood. I am not talking about cowering or compromising anything. I am talking about a RELENTLESS, well-organized, strategic infiltration of the GOP (no tomention all political offices at all levels). I am also not talking about everyone looking and dressing like Romney's kids. I am simply suggesting that being un-civil is conterproductive.

If you don't care what everyone else in America thinks (and you obvoiusly have every right to feel that way if you want), what is your goal exactly? Why even bother showing up at a convention?

And about Gandhi: Wasn't saying follow Gandhi. I was pointing out a principle he identified. Take Gandhi out of it if you want, the principle is still good. If you throw a "tantrum" against a powerful system, you look like you need to be restrained, and people will sympathize with the powerful system. If you act civil though (and still resist), people can see the system for what it is and they will start to sympathize with you.

Didn't say that. I'm saying if we want to win delegates, we need to show up, act civil, follow the rules and procedures, and hold the GOP accountable for the same. People with all types of heygine and personal style preferences can act civil - and I'm not suggesting anyone pretend to be something they are not. BUT, if we act like an unruly mob and prevent an orderly convention from even taking place, the GOP and the police will be able to have their way with us and no one will bat an eye because the rest of the GOP will be glad to be rid of us. If we act civil and the GOP steps out of line for no clear reason, honest people will take notice.

Why would I have any reason to be violent unless of course someone was using violence against me?

Are you saying that I shouldn't defend myself with violence even if necessary?

I can just hear it now if we didn't defend ourselves... "Oh the Ron Paul supporters are just a bunch of wimps. I'd never vote for someone whose supporters won't even defend themselves."

Damed it you do. Damned if you don't.

I gotta agree with Ben.

Violence won't get us anywhere. They (the state and all of its appendages) are physically stronger. We must defend ourselves with uncompromosing will and with strategy. We must choose our battles wisely. We must fight the battles we can win, and if we do, we will eventually win the war. If you don't like speed limits, fine. But you won't ever change the law by speeding. Win the chess game, forget the pissing match.

People sitting in front of me ( an old couple) were impressed by our organization and were very upset about how their CD voting went . They said that Ron Paul voters were cheated in one CD. I did hear directly from a delegate in a different CD that the ballots were being scanned on the wrong lines which would move the markings from Ron Paul slate names to romney slate names...and the way that the CD discovered that was because a woman who is a ron paul voter but didn't even want to be voted for and was not on the slate got voted in as delegate...which brought up some major questions about how it occurred...which then pointed towards the ballots being scanned 1 mark up from the names that were suppose to be marked. This kind of corruption was exposed by ron paul voters who began asking lots of questions ....and so it disenfranchised the people sitting in front of me and turned them towards Ron Pauls camp.

This is a great example of what I am talking about. We need more of this, not un-civil outbursts.

alucard13mmfmj
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
not much news if ron paul supporter gets assaulted... a lot of news if ron paul supporter assaults someone. there's even misinformation that make ron paul supporters look like the assaulter, even though he/she was the one assaulted.

imo.. curl up in a ball and let them beat you up. then sue the frak out of them. then donate part of the settlement to ron campaign ^^

Dorfsmith
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Out of the hundreds and hundreds of Ron Paul supporters at the AZ convention, only a handful were rude and obnoxious. That handful did make us look bad at times but for the most part Ron Paul people worked very hard and were respectful. Of course, the media attention always goes to the handful of idiots who shouted profanity and other things.

idiom
not much news if ron paul supporter gets assaulted... a lot of news if ron paul supporter assaults someone. there's even misinformation that make ron paul supporters look like the assaulter, even though he/she was the one assaulted.

imo.. curl up in a ball and let them beat you up. then sue the frak out of them. then donate part of the settlement to ron campaign ^^

An RP supporter laying on the ground getting the crap kicked out of them by Romney supporters would become an extremely viral vid.

oldpal

I was going to comment but he already said it

Dorfsmith
05-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Out of the hundreds and hundreds of Ron Paul supporters at the AZ convention, only a handful were rude and obnoxious. That handful did make us look bad at times but for the most part Ron Paul people worked very hard and were respectful. Of course, the media attention always goes to the handful of idiots who shouted profanity and other things.

And one more point to add to this. I think a lot of establishment people associate passion and enthusiasm with rudeness which is completely wrong. There is nothing wrong with cheering and making noise. Conventions are supposed to be lively.

parocks
05-13-2012, 04:54 PM

Agree w/ enough with Gandhi. I just don't remember Gandhi being a candidate for political office.

Inkblots
05-13-2012, 05:20 PM
I couldn't agree more, Mr. Austin. Thanks for writing this up.

FlipObamney
05-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Maybe we need delegate training camps like the civil rights campaigners used to have, where we teach the delegates not to react to having their hair pulled or cigarette burns....

Or being beaten with sticks...

How badly do you want your freedom?

This is exactly what we did in Maine and is exactly why we were so successful. We had MANY Delegate training camps. We had conference calls, county meetings and a web seminar before the Maine Convention. We also met the night before and made sure everyone was on the same page.

MrAustin
05-13-2012, 06:34 PM
This is exactly what we did in Maine and is exactly why we were so successful. We had MANY Delegate training camps. We had conference calls, county meetings and a web seminar before the Maine Convention. We also met the night before and made sure everyone was on the same page.

We need to do this training camp for the other sates, and ESPECIALLY in preparation for the RNC. Anyone know if there is any effort in place yet to start compiling a list of Ron Paul's elected RNC delegates and alternates to organize, strategize, and communicate?

Ender
05-13-2012, 06:37 PM

That is EXACTLY what should be happening in all states.

If everyone is trained on procedure and what to expect, it can be shocker to those that want to see the the RP forces look like jerks. And believe me, if you don't think that some are trained to try and bring the worst out of us, better think again.

Being passionate about something is one thing; being a jerk is another.

We all need to be smarter than they are.

WesSeid
05-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Uhm. nobody is saying you should be effeminate. But if you're a foul mouthed hot head, you're not going to go anywhere but jail.

Good luck putting me in jail for being foul-mouthed.

Maine rocks.