PDA

View Full Version : Chipins for lawyers and parliamentarians at all future state conventions?

Elwar
05-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Instead of screaming for the campaign to do this. Why not have people at the conventions ask for a chipin for a days worth of lawyer fees and a parliamentarian who both understand every little bit of convention rules in their own state?

Tyler_Durden
05-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Instead of screaming for the campaign to do this. Why not have people at the conventions ask for a chipin for a days worth of lawyer fees and a parliamentarian who both understand every little bit of convention rules in their own state?

I second. We need consistent, rehearsed, organized presence every time in every convention.

AZ seemed to be a cluster while OK was well organized.....

alucard13mmfmj
05-13-2012, 12:09 AM
wasnt there someone like that at the NV convention? like a person telling what one should vote for or against. if i recalled, romney supporters had a guy in an orange hat and ron supporters had a guy with a ron paul blimp.. and these guys would do signals to tell people how to vote on things.

parocks
05-13-2012, 01:14 AM
In Maine, we had nice looking Yea and Nay signs, and delegate slates, etc etc.

We should be well organized in every state that we have a large number of people.

Every state should have an Eric Brakey in charge, who communicates with the campaign. Everyone knows that Eric is in charge, and almost everything is pretty much dictated. I wasn't at the convention to decide who to vote for, I was there to get the campaigns instructions. The Eric (and the campaign) picks the Brent Tweed, who is our choice to run the convention, to be the convention chair. Eric and Brent or both pick the parliamentarians. This process or something similar should be taking place in most states where it matters. When the campaign is involved like this, it has a tendency to discourage grassroots. So, this not really an area where grassroots should be involved (finding their parliamentarians).

What the grassroots can do is provide a mobile office with a really good printer. That way, you're leaving the campaign to do what it was planning, but you are saving them time. In Maine, they went to Staples. If there was a mobile office with a great printer in the parking lot, they could've used that and not gone to Staples, saving time. Whatever useful technology could be provided, you can provide.

sailingaway
05-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I second. We need consistent, rehearsed, organized presence every time in every convention.

AZ seemed to be a cluster while OK was well organized.....

I think having training etc in all the caucus states was probably a labor intensive and expensive procedure, and doing it in all states might have been beyond the campaign's funding. I agree a parliamentarian is a good idea, and a 'point person' in case things go awry. Having a lawyer available to call in might be less expensive than having him/her there when you are talking about 18 hour days. And they would have to be the right kind of lawyer. It is a matter of money, though. I think the idea is great.

sailingaway
05-13-2012, 06:36 AM
In Maine, we had nice looking Yea and Nay signs, and delegate slates, etc etc.

We should be well organized in every state that we have a large number of people.

Every state should have an Eric Brakey in charge, who communicates with the campaign. Everyone knows that Eric is in charge, and almost everything is pretty much dictated. I wasn't at the convention to decide who to vote for, I was there to get the campaigns instructions. The Eric (and the campaign) picks the Brent Tweed, who is our choice to run the convention, to be the convention chair. Eric and Brent or both pick the parliamentarians. This process or something similar should be taking place in most states where it matters. When the campaign is involved like this, it has a tendency to discourage grassroots. So, this not really an area where grassroots should be involved (finding their parliamentarians).

What the grassroots can do is provide a mobile office with a really good printer. That way, you're leaving the campaign to do what it was planning, but you are saving them time. In Maine, they went to Staples. If there was a mobile office with a great printer in the parking lot, they could've used that and not gone to Staples, saving time. Whatever useful technology could be provided, you can provide.

Maine was a caucus state and Ron's campaign did more coordinating and training in the caucus states. AZ was a primary and bound on top of that and may all have been grass roots. At least I'm wondering if that is what happened.

freedomordeath
05-13-2012, 07:47 AM
yeah, if the campaigns on the ground know there is no support from the campaign, then they need to post here before the time so we organize these things, a palimentarian, lawyer on call and a backup printer

well_met_sir
05-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Also hire an off-duty police officer to protect Paul people from attacks. Then when the on-duty police get called their buddy (the guy we hired) will guide them into making the correct arrests.

eBrakey
05-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Well, gee shucks.
-Eric Brakey

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Maine was a caucus state and Ron's campaign did more coordinating and training in the caucus states. AZ was a primary and bound on top of that and may all have been grass roots. At least I'm wondering if that is what happened.

The pitty is it isn't bound like everyone thought. It's a proportional not a winner take all state because of rule 15(b)(2), which is in effect because the Democrats of Arizona held their primary at the right time. I'm not surprised no one brought it up seeing the video - I mean the other things are getting walked over on.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Also hire an off-duty police officer to protect Paul people from attacks. Then when the on-duty police get called their buddy (the guy we hired) will guide them into making the correct arrests.

Although that may be how it works in real life in some places, that isn't how we want to be :)