PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters Chased by Mitt Romney at Oklahoma Republican State Convention

kathy88
05-12-2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/8256/ron-paul-supporters-chased-by-mitt-romney-at-oklahoma-republican-state-convention

In what is an unorthodox turn of events, the Oklahoma Republican Convention has reconvened in the parking lot of the Embassy Suites in Norman, Okla. The state convention was held today inside the Embassy Suites with party officials calling for an adjournment at or around 5 p.m.

camp_steveo
05-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Over the past few weeks, Romney's campaign has suffered great losses in the face of a surging Paul campaign. The Romney campaign's aggressive reaction to Paul's recent success suggests the Texas Congressman is doing better than most in the media had initially realized.

that's money

tod evans
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
+rep great article

sailingaway
05-12-2012, 08:10 PM
The meeting appears to have remained relatively calm despite predictions from the now suspended Santorum campaign that "[At the Oklahoma Republican State Convention, this Saturday] there will assuredly be a passionate struggle for control of the convention, the national delegation, and the party's future."

A likely Ron Paul supporter commented, "I'm amazed at the level of composure, civility, and organization among these people in the parking lot."

In what has grown into a contentious race, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's campaign has resorted to tricks that are not usually used by a presumptive front runner against other members of his party.

:D

CaseyJones
05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
drudged

Sentinelrv
05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Oh wow!

"If Romney's campaign cannot recover, it risks losing the Republican nomination."

juvanya
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
cool

LibertyEagle
05-12-2012, 08:39 PM
This is a good one too. http://www.policymic.com/articles/8237/ron-paul-set-to-win-oklahoma-but-romney-looks-to-fight-back-against-paul-supporters/related

bluesc
05-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh wow!

"If Romney's campaign cannot recover, it risks losing the Republican nomination."

They are losing state after state :D.

The Northbreather
05-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Everyone sign in and +mic these articles please for greater exposure

IDefendThePlatform
05-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I put this in the other thread too. For me this was the money line:
https://twitter.com/#!/TonyStuntz/status/201510043902943232

Suzu
05-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Everyone sign in and +mic these articles please for greater exposure
What does this mean?

Constitutional Paulicy
05-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Can they legitimately reconvene in the parking lot without the chairman present? Is this going to be recognized in the minutes and recorded as the final results?

Dogsoldier
05-13-2012, 01:12 AM
The chairman ajourned the convention without a 2/3rds majority vote which is illegal.Then HE LEFT and they tuned out the lights and pushed everyone outside and the Paul camp redid the convention in the parking lot which they were smart to do because in the event that a chairman walks out they forfeit their chairman status and a new chairman must be elected to continue the proceedings and thats what they did as the rules state.They redone the convention in the parking lot which according to the rules is fine.By not staying and walking out Romney supporters just gave Ron Paul all the delegates.

I don't know what the Romney crowd was thinking.They actually had a slight numbers advantage and could have took all the delegates had the rules been followed.

This is how I understand it.

FreedomDog
05-13-2012, 02:14 AM
^^That will be awesome if that is the case!

Question for my own curiosity and for the sake of not starting a new thread. What is the point of drudging a story? Does it help the story get additional exposure outside of their homepage? I don't know that many people personally that ever talk about drudge report outside of this website so just curious...

John of Des Moines
05-13-2012, 02:34 AM
^^That will be awesome if that is the case!

Question for my own curiosity and for the sake of not starting a new thread. What is the point of drudging a story? Does it help the story get additional exposure outside of their homepage? I don't know that many people personally that ever talk about drudge report outside of this website so just curious...

The Drudge Report is a widely read news website. Put it up on Drudge and millions see it.

I know for fact a nearly all the legislators in Iowa check it out on a regular basis.

Constitutional Paulicy
05-13-2012, 02:52 AM
The chairman ajourned the convention without a 2/3rds majority vote which is illegal.
This is how I understand it.

Did he ask for a 2/3's vote, acted as if he had it and then adjourned? Or did he never even follow the procedure?

BenMuldowney
05-13-2012, 10:05 AM
The Drudge Report is a widely read news website. Put it up on Drudge and millions see it.

I know for fact a nearly all the legislators in Iowa check it out on a regular basis.

drudge is a very strong supporter of mitt robamney. i doubt he will help us expose their own corruption.

Aratus
05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
events are on the march. we are going to dominate Tampa. mitt is trying to hold onto all this desperately.

Suzu
05-13-2012, 12:53 PM
mitt is trying to hold onto all this desperately.Like the loser he is! :toady:

FlipObamney
05-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Local News from Oklahoma about Romney supporters punching Ron Paul supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxlTz40Qk2M

juvanya
05-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Local News from Oklahoma about Romney supporters punching Ron Paul supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxlTz40Qk2MNice she tweeted that that was happening also.